+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Hi Team - my mother cannot read or write in hindi/english. Her passport also has a thumb impression in place of a signature. I am wondering what to do in the region which asks for the signature of the applicant. Can she put the thumb impression or learn to write her name at the age of 72 ?

harjotsingh87

Nov 25, 2014
Hi,

My father got the invitation and I need help with below questions:

1) My father is in Canada right now on a visitor visa, is it ok submit an application while he is here as long as documentation is complete?
2) Both my father and I don't have a birth certificate but my passport has my father's name, can it be accepted to prove the relationship? If not, ate there any alternatives?
3) My father got biometric done 3 years back when he got the visa, does he need bio metric again?

Thanks in advance.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
From reading various facebook and online posts
Regarding PGP sponsorship I am shocked and annoyed that lot of people just apply for lottery without even making sure they qualify And then check if they will meet income requirements. What a shame. I feel very upset that people like those get invitation and someone who easily qualify gets refused. I just don’t understand why this government do not have a platform to put income for past 3 years and certify the family unit to ensure that right people are applying.
maybe government just didn't want to bring in that many parents and used this void lottery thing as a good tactics to waste some quota?

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Regarding PGP sponsorship I am shocked and annoyed that lot of people just apply for lottery without even making sure they qualify And then check if they will meet income requirements. What a shame. I feel very upset that people like those get invitation and someone who easily qualify gets refused. I just don’t understand why this government do not have a platform to put income for past 3 years and certify the family unit to ensure that right people are applying.
Think the government is trying to treat people like adults who can easily read their tax return plus minimize the resources needed to do the EOI and lottery. It is really not that hard to look up line 150 of your NOA and figure out your family size so I don’t think the government feels like it is a complicated task. I think some people would still put an incorrect income and assume they could argue that they should be approved due to H&C reasons. We don’t actually know what percentage who are applying do get rejected because they don’t meet LICO and waste a spot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The website states that more than 10,000 invitations are to be sent to get at least 10,000 complete applications as many people won’t apply or get rejected due to ineligibility.

for example if 15,000 invitations are sent to get 10,000 complete applications but 12,000 complete applications are received than what would happen to the bottom 2,000 applications?
From the invitation email, how can one come to know if they belong to extra invitations that would be sent.
There are no extra applications. 10k applications and whoever gets approved gets approved.

Suraksha

Dec 16, 2018
There is a way to checkmate such activities. Just impose a fees of CAD 100 per every interest to sponsor application filed online and payable online while signing and submitting the request.

The people who receive ITA will get to adjust CAD 100 already made and the rest would forfeit the fees paid. This will also drastically reduce the number of interest to sponsor applicants, duplicate applications and casual applications who do not qualify technically. Thus only serious applicants will remain in fray and with better or higher chances to get picked up in the lottery.

And this will also generate some income for IRCC.

Reactions: 240680

Suraksha

Dec 16, 2018
I hope false applicants must bar from future participation to respect sincere and true eligible applicants. Though never hear of and filtration.
expand...
There is a way to checkmate such activities. Just impose a fees of CAD 100 per every interest to sponsor application filed online and payable online while signing and submitting the request.

The people who receive ITA will get to adjust CAD 100 already made and the rest would forfeit the fees paid. This will also drastically reduce the number of interest to sponsor applicants, duplicate applications and casual applications who do not qualify technically. Thus only serious applicants will remain in fray and with better or higher chances to get picked up in the lottery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Think it should be higher. Many people will still apply even if they have to pay $100. Contact your MP and voice your frustration and suggestion.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Think the government is trying to treat people like adults who can easily read their tax return plus minimize the resources needed to do the EOI and lottery. It is really not that hard to look up line 150 of your NOA and figure out your family size so I don’t think the government feels like it is a complicated task. I think some people would still put an incorrect income and assume they could argue that they should be approved due to H&C reasons. We don’t actually know what percentage who are applying do get rejected because they don’t meet LICO and waste a spot.
If we take this forum as a guide and assume it represents the whole, it looks to be about 20% of those who have received invitations do not actually qualify. We should have to prove income at the interest stage - permit access to our CRA account. I also like the suggestions of a fee at stage 1. It should be substantial so that people do have to think about it, and I do't mind in the slightest is it isn't refundable if it makes the system more robust.

I like the suggestion of writing to our MPs - I shall certainly be doing that.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
If we take this forum as a guide and assume it represents the whole, it looks to be about 20% of those who have received invitations do not actually qualify. We should have to prove income at the interest stage - permit access to our CRA account. I also like the suggestions of a fee at stage 1. It should be substantial so that people do have to think about it, and I do't mind in the slightest is it isn't refundable if it makes the system more robust.

I like the suggestion of writing to our MPs - I shall certainly be doing that.
What is the procedure to write to the MP?