28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Reactions: Navi1

KasKus

Jan 8, 2021
You will be a family of 4 and then 5 when you have your baby. No need to count parents that have been on a supervisa. Parental benefits count in your income. Normal EI does not count towards LICO but for only 2020 it does.
Thanks So much!

CoralDG

Jan 9, 2021
Hi Guys,

This is regarding sponsor Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation -2020. Recently, I have received an email from CIC accepting my interest to sponsor my parents, who are in India.

Some guidance is required how to meet the below:
(a) Parents' marriage certificate. They do not have marriage certificate, as such. But, each other's passport states spousal name. Will that satisfy with the explanation? or Does it require some kind of affidavit from the lawyer?

(b) Curriculum Vitae of Parents : Father is not schooled much; and retired now since long time. Mother is not schooled and housewife. If any of you guys a particulat format, would you please forward with redacting the confidential data.

(c) Are parents required to undergo any medical test under this program, in addition to bio-metrics?
(d) My parents do not have birth certificates. However, their passport contain their date of birth. Will it suffice?

Thanks in advance.

KasKus

Jan 8, 2021
Hi Guys,

This is regarding sponsor Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation -2020. Recently, I have received an email from CIC accepting my interest to sponsor my parents, who are in India.

Some guidance is required how to meet the below:
(a) Parents' marriage certificate. They do not have marriage certificate, as such. But, each other's passport states spousal name. Will that satisfy with the explanation? or Does it require some kind of affidavit from the lawyer?

(b) Curriculum Vitae of Parents : Father is not schooled much; and retired now since long time. Mother is not schooled and housewife. If any of you guys a particulat format, would you please forward with redacting the confidential data.

(c) Are parents required to undergo any medical test under this program, in addition to bio-metrics?
(d) My parents do not have birth certificates. However, their passport contain their date of birth. Will it suffice?

Thanks in advance.
Does it asks for the parents birth certificates? I saw they only ask sponsor's birth certificate to prove the relationship..

NK555

Jan 9, 2021
Anyone here having issues opening the PDF applications in spite of downloading the latest adobe reader?

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Does it asks for the parents birth certificates? I saw they only ask sponsor's birth certificate to prove the relationship..
This is what I thought too,but then I read guide 5772 saying
"
Birth certificates
  • Make sure you submit a copy of your birth certificate, and (if you have included dependants in your application) the birth certificates of your family members.
  • If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate." It means that a sponsor and a principal applicant and a spouse are supposed to send their birth certificates,right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone here having issues opening the PDF applications in spite of downloading the latest adobe reader?
This is specific to your laptop / PC. Try different computers and/or browsers.

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
This is specific to your laptop / PC. Try different computers and/or browsers.
Yes, it's pretty archaic, but Internet Explorer is the only one that will open them all. I raised this issue on Twitter with IRCC a while ago. They assured me that forms worked with all updated browsers, but they don't. Chrome at least will open some forms this time, which is new. If you have a Mac and use Safari, forget it!!

Datarainu

Jan 6, 2021
How? Are you entering in the peace bond or already in the 1 year time of the peace bond which will expire in two weeks or you going to appear in a trail in two weeks?
Bottom line is if your charge is getting withdrawn then there is nothing to be worried about about your sponsorship application.
They are getting Withdrawn without any peacebond and without me signing on any official document.

The other question I have is. In the form imm1344e. What shall I mention in the point below.

14) Have you been convicted of a sexual assault offence or serious violent offence against anyone, or an offence causing bodily harm against someone who is or was related to you, on an attempt to commit such an offence?

I am confused about the last wording in point 14th "attempt to commit such an offence. I have never been convicted of any crime but just a false allegation against which the charges are getting withdrawn.

Please advise :)

Datarainu

Jan 6, 2021
As per court I am not supposed to contact her. How would I know if she took any assistance. Is there a way I can know about it? Can you please advise? Her 3 years will be over in May 2021. I am willing to pay beforehand.
Yes, if you pay everything back then your application will be considered. Generally speaking, if you owe money due to her taking social assistance, you would want to try to clear this before submitting the application. Of course hopefully not a problem for you.
The other question I have is. In the form imm1344e. What shall I mention in the point below.

14) Have you been convicted of a sexual assault offence or serious violent offence against anyone, or an offence causing bodily harm against someone who is or was realted to you, on an attempt to commit such an offence?

I am confused about the last wording in point 14th "attempt to commit such an offence. I have never been convicted of any crime but just a false allegation against which the charges are getting withdrawn.

Please advise :)

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
The website states that more than 10,000 invitations are to be sent to get at least 10,000 complete applications as many people won’t apply or get rejected due to ineligibility.

for example if 15,000 invitations are sent to get 10,000 complete applications but 12,000 complete applications are received than what would happen to the bottom 2,000 applications?
From the invitation email, how can one come to know if they belong to extra invitations that would be sent.