+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

vg1989

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hello there
Couple of questions regarding the forms...
I'm going to sponsor my parents and
1. If we are not sure about their parents birth date or place of birth... what to do in that case
2. What exactly they are asking for in the CV.
3. What should be the intended occupation if they are not working at this point
4. Do they have UCI number if they hold just visitor visa?
5. Do we need to sign documents personally and courierto canada and send it to Ircc? I mean do they accept the scanned copies and their printouts? If we do so to avoid delay in courier.
4. Check the Visa Stamp on Passport, UCI # is mentioned on the bottom.
5. You will anyway need to get the photos couriered (with studio information on the backside). So get the rest of the documents signed and couriered as well.

Reactions: YVR123

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
4. Check the Visa Stamp on Passport, UCI # is mentioned on the bottom.
5. You will anyway need to get the photos couriered (with studio information on the backside). So get the rest of the documents signed and couriered as well.
some of the forms ask for UCI# but there is no such number on the invitation letter?

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
im in the process of applying but looking at posts it appears its taking a long time in receiving Pr for parents. my fathers passport is due to expire in december 2021, will this pose a problem once applied?
Just get it renewed and send them the updated. My son's passport expired during our PR process and it was fine. I just sent a copy of the new one when it came in.

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
I need help in filling additional family information for parents.
Due to ancestral property dispute the relation of my parents with their siblings is not good. We don’t know their addresses and date of births. What to do in this case?
We don’t want to contact them to know their details.
Put Unknown. You don’t have to go out of your way to contact them for info. You could add a brief explanation if you want. My dad was in a similar situation and it was fine.

Reactions: jadeja and Cin1906

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would you recommend moving to Quebec? I hear they get good funding from Federal and have the best social programs like child care, maternity benefits etc.

Dont need high paying job to live well. And no point having high paying job as the tax is the highest.

Your thoughts? Good for retirement?
Physicians make significantly less than in Alberta. Are you bilingual? You pay more taxes but you get some more benefits. Not everyone gets a spot in cheap daycare. There aren’t unlimited spots. Maternity benefits are federal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seniors I need help please!!!!!

I received the invitation to apply PR for my parents today and I have a concern with regard to the income levels.
We have sponsored my parents and my husband's parents for super visa before. My family size is 3 and with all 4 that we sponsored the total is 7. But my husband's parents are living in back-home and they will visit us again later this year.

My concern is would they count my family size as 5 or 7? Because we sponsored my husband's parents only for a visit visa(super visa) and not for a PR before?

Also does anybody know if they take maternity or parental benefits in to income for 2020? I understood they consider regular benefits in 2020 but not clear about special benefits..

Thanks so so much in advance for your help answering my questions.
You will be a family of 4 and then 5 when you have your baby. No need to count parents that have been on a supervisa. Parental benefits count in your income. Normal EI does not count towards LICO but for only 2020 it does.

• Love
Reactions: KasKus and Julfox

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot topic questionfor sure
Form imm1344

Question 6 : the principal applicant is your .....
If I'm going to sponsor my parents then sure it should be "parent"....

Now looking at the guide
Indicate the nature of your relationship to the principal applicant
If we go by this then it should be ""child""

Any suggestions????

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Seems it is game over as the week is over.:oops:

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
IRCC tweeted yesterday

IRCC
@CitImmCanada

Invitations to apply for PGP 2020 are still being sent out. When we’re done, we’ll let everyone know on social media and our website that all invitations to apply have been sent.

Reactions: 8494193