Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Canada.ca says Throughout THE week, not throughout THIS week.
May be there is some hope in THE WEEK that they will be continuing to invite next week as well. Whereas if it was THIS WEEK, then it would be ending this week.
I sincerely hope you are correct.

Reactions: nayr69sg

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Not true I applied first day within 10 minutes and was not selected yet.
Not saying that people will be picked because they applied the first day.

I should rephrase it to: "It appears as if most people are picked applied on the first day. I think it's random and just because more people applied on the first day, so more people got selected reported that they applied early.
So the result is NOT related to when you applied for the interest to sponsor. "

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Yes they still need to go through lottery system. But income requirements and other eligibility is slightly different from what I have read.

So it is unique and different within Canada. Whereas is the same for everyone else in Canada.
The reason for income requirement is because, salaries are way lower in Quebec than rest of Canada hence low cost of living. That's the only difference. If you get selected and you reside in Quebec then there is some provincial paper work to be done because, the social system is different. We dont have CPP, we have QPP. thats about it.

I have lived and worked in 5 provinces including Quebec.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
The reason for income requirement is because, salaries are way lower in Quebec than rest of Canada hence low cost of living. That's the only difference. If you get selected and you reside in Quebec then there is some provincial paper work to be done because, the social system is different. We dont have CPP, we have QPP. thats about it.

I have lived and worked in 5 provinces including Quebec.
Would you recommend moving to Quebec? I hear they get good funding from Federal and have the best social programs like child care, maternity benefits etc.

Dont need high paying job to live well. And no point having high paying job as the tax is the highest.

Your thoughts? Good for retirement?

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Got my invitation to apply to sponsor my parents this morning around 10:36AM EST Jan8. I filled out the Interest to Sponsor Oct23. Finally!!! After 4 years of trying, we got lucky this year. All the best and goodluck to everyone waiting to be picked.
Congrats man! Best of luck with the rest of the process and hope you are reunited with your family at the earliest! Congrats again!

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Got my invitation to apply to sponsor my parents this morning around 10:36AM EST Jan8. I filled out the Interest to Sponsor Oct23. Finally!!! After 4 years of trying, we got lucky this year. All the best and goodluck to everyone waiting to be picked.
feels good to hear about good news.. congrats.. thanks for sharing the info with us..

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Congrats! Wonderful news!