+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
IMO this isn't the best example.

Promotions should be performance and capability based, not seniority based. If the new person is a better leader, then I'm going to promote them over the person who has seniority. Being in a job a long time doesn't mean that you have earned a promotion.
I couldn't think of a better example. I mean to take experience out of it and just based solely on seniority. I do believe that if someone has been applying for this for 5-6 years, they should get priority over someone who its the first year applying. I guess that does not make sense to others, but it does to me. That being said, if they did do that, it would not benefit my situation, it would make it worse. I also believe that you should have to be a citizen to apply for this. I think everyone just wants what will benefit their own situation, but I am looking at it from an unbiased opinion. CIC obviously does not have the time or manpower to look through thousands of cases and prioritize them, but they can quickly tell how many years people have applied and prioritize that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I couldn't think of a better example. I mean to take experience out of it and just based solely on seniority. I do believe that if someone has been applying for this for 5-6 years, they should get priority over someone who its the first year applying. I guess that does not make sense to others, but it does to me. That being said, if they did do that, it would not benefit my situation, it would make it worse. I also believe that you should have to be a citizen to apply for this. I think everyone just wants what will benefit their own situation, but I am looking at it from an unbiased opinion. CIC obviously does not have the time or manpower to look through thousands of cases and prioritize them, but they can quickly tell how many years people have applied and prioritize that.
My parents were born in Canada, so I have no horse in this race.

Having said that, I can fully appreciate why people here may have feelings of anger / frustration / resentment / etc. who have failed to be selected year after year.

My completely objective opinion is that seniority would be very difficult to manage and would create a process that feels like it has even less transparency. When do you start counting? What if someone fails to meet LICO one year? Does the seniority restart? What if you're married? What if someone leaves Canada for a few years? Etc. This feels like it would be ripe for lawsuits. Can't imagine IRCC would want to touch something like this with a ten foot pole. Way way too complex.

Limiting it to citizens only (like the U.S.) would be a much "cleaner" approach. However this isn't something Canada has traditionally done so hard to say if there would be an appetite for this.

DarKW

Oct 15, 2020
Do not take this personal, I would look at the background of each one one. I mean, not always the one who has been working for ten years in the same company deserves a promotion.

Now, I do not believe we are talking about the same thing here. I guess what DarkW proposed would probably be fair to you too, because it would benefit you and all others in the same situation (probably including me).
But how this would be fair for someone who came here and have at this exact moment the same financial situation that allows him/her to sponsor their pgp.

I do believe that the system must be improve, and I do understand the frustration some of you must experience, but each situation is differen

That said, I do believe this system could be improved, but I am also aware that not all of us will get the opportunity to sponsor our parents. And I say this without having received an invitation yet.

Good luck to you !
Not sure how long you have been in Canada my friend but this would be you as well in another 3-4 years if you don't get picked. This program is on borrowed time it will be either scrapped off or completely halted if the government changes (which looks very possible). Under last conservative goervernment it took 7-8 yars to get the application processed and on top the back log was so massive that they closed down this prgoram for, correct me if i am wrong, almost 2 years. Thus people who have been here long enough, have applied multiple times, and not getting picked are getting frustrated. As i said this could be you in 3-4 years when this program gets halted. As far as i am concerned this will be my last time applying if there are no changes made this year. I strongly believe Citizens should get priority, I can be the best full time employee you have for past 10 years yet i dont get promoted yet someone joins a company 3 years ago on a part time basis and gets a promotion how would that make u feel? I am sure no one would complain.

Reactions: joeythecat

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
congratulations to you.

For the rest of us, this basically means the invites for today were sent out :-(
Might be time for us to emotionally prepare to move on
Someone posted yesterday that their email arrived at 3pm eastern time! So there's still time today. I do feel you, I moved on yesterday so imagine my face when I saw The Email today???

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Been shadowing this thread and quietly reading the exchanges here. I can try and understand both sides of the conversation here.

I moved to Canada in 2017, and didn't have enough of a 3 year history last year for sponsorship. This is my first time sponsoring. I haven't got an invite yet, and TBH I don't expect to receive one as it's already been 3 days since they started inviting.

In my opinion, I think the lottery system is inherently unfair as many keep trying year-after-year with no guarantee of being able to sponsor. Whereas another person can apply just once or twice, and then get invited just by sheer "luck". Now, most of you I think would agree that no modern state can be allocating resources on the basis of just "luck". There has to be a better system in place.

I do believe that something like an EE type system would be the best in this case. It should take into account the following factors -
  1. Age of parents (older parents should be given priority)
  2. Earning of the sponsor (Earning more does mean there's a lower chance of them being dependent on government benefits)
  3. Number of times the sponsor has tied (having a person try repeatedly without success only adds to frustration, and can also lead to them looking at other countries in the long run - Canada will lose precious human capital this way)
  4. Whether they own a property (shows responsibility & whether they can care for their parents)
  5. A pool of potential sponsors should be made this way, and the sponsors keep updating their incomes based on NOAs, which would then adjust their position in the queue. Every year, the Government pulls out the highest ranked candidates based on their scores, and issues them the invitations. The points can be updated in real-time since they have the dates of birth of the parents/grandparents, NOA numbers, and when the profile was created in the sponsorship bank.

This will dilute the inherent unfairness in the lottery system where resources are allocated by "luck" and other factors will begin to play a part; as they should in any fair system.

I also believe that along with the sponsorship forms, a deposit of CAD 600 per person sponsored should be taken to desist people from unfair means. and irresponsibility of blocking positions even though they don't qualify. This deposit should be returned to them if -
  1. They are successfully selected to sponsor, and
  2. On submitting their forms the numbers claimed match with the NOAs deeming them eligible
The above will also encourage two things -
  1. People will be made more truthful to the Government by disclosing all their income, as having a higher number in the NOA would better their chances of getting picked + add more revenue to the CRA (as a business owner, I know the number of people who have approached me offering services, but wanting to get paid in "cash" thereby encouraging a black/unaccounted for earnings which leads to a loss to the exchequer)
  2. Duplicate applications will be discouraged. I know of a couple of people in my friend circle where 3 siblings are living in Canada and all 3 have submitted forms to sponsor their parents. That's thrice the chances of getting picked compared to only a single person applying. (In this case, there would be a CAD 1200 deposit charged from all 3 siblings, and if they get pulled out and don't sponsor blocking other people's ability, they are penalised by forfeiting their deposits)
I don't buy the argument that somehow having a points-based system like EE is unfair to anyone. It in fact encourages meritocracy! And meritocracy is the basis on which modern successful nations are built... not by allocating resources randomly...

redstar87

Jan 7, 2021
Need some assistance- I do not have the confirmation number saved as some one did it for me and they thought email would be sent for the same. Is there a way to get updates by any other means. Please help

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
This cannot be happening! It's unbelievable! I cannot believe what I see! Is it real what I'm seeing in front of me? I gave up, you guys. I completely gave up. Years, years of lotteries and what do we get today in the mail??? AN INVITATION EMAIL! Could I possibly be hallucinating? THIS IS THE BEST YEAR, THE ABSOLUTE BEST YEAR.

What info did you guys need? I applied in the first 10 min of the lottery opening on the very first day, the email arrived at 10:42 am from CIC.CPCMississauga. anything else that's helpful?
Hi! May I ask what is the first 3 digit/character of your confirmation number?

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Did they announce in total how many applicants applied for 2020 PGP and what was final number for the draw after removing duplicates?

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys,

I would like to ask, for example you were invited for PGP and 1 or 2 of your annual income is not enough based on the quota or the table, but still you submitted the application, what will happen after the cic review your application?

Thank you very much.