Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone,

For people who received invitation, can you please let us know what time you received the email in Eastern time to understand if they are sending all at the same time or gradually during the day.

Many Thanks
I received an invitation for PGP 2020 on Tuesday (Jan 5th) about 3pm eastern time. It's my first time applying for this so I feel blessed.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
well, the IRCC website just mentioned "... in several days" which could be understood as a week or as a 10-day! You guess!
yeah its very vague. My guess is either they directly reached out to IRCC through the media relations department (link is mentioned on IRCC website for media enquires) and directly got confirmation that it was in fact 10 days or they just assumed based on what they read. It's a bit weird because the tweet from IRCC says watch out for email invites "throughout the week".

Reactions: nayr69sg

armstrong

Jul 18, 2016
Hi Everyone

I got the invitation yesterday morning. I was going through the forms and the document checklist.

I have a question: on my passport and my birth certificate, father and mother's name doesn't contain surname/family name. However, my name does have surname on passport. On parent's passports, the surname is mentioned. Is it fine if I explain it in the letter of explanation and submit an affidavit from my parents?

Appreciate your advices and suggestions.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

bikramg14

Jan 6, 2021
3 years is a very small amount of time. There are plenty of others who have made 100k for 6 years who still haven’t been selected. Parent sponsorship was never guaranteed and especially after only 3 years. There have been some rare lucky people who got selected after 3 years but the large majority have 5-10 years of meeting LICO before they get selected. Would add that 3 years of taxes will not cover much care for seniors in addition to your own needs. If you have a family your taxes cover things like their schooling and their healthcare.
i ve been working for 11 years.
i stated last 3 cause thats wht the requirement is .
i know how taxes work. All i am pointing out is how unfair the lottery system is

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
I am still awaiting for the invitation.
I see that every one have application confirmation has different naming convention.
Generally I saw the people get invitation for stat with alphabets as prefix.
While my confirmation start with number XXXXXAX-XX (X = NUMBERCIAL VALUE). Is it ok? Or Did I make any mistake during application? Any expert suggestion. (Application Date: Oct.19-2020 7:00 pm EST)

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I am still awaiting for the invitation.
I see that every one have application confirmation has different naming convention.
Generally I saw the people get invitation for stat with alphabets as prefix.
While my confirmation start with number XXXXXAX-XX (X = NUMBERCIAL VALUE). Is it ok? Or Did I make any mistake during application? Any expert suggestion. (Application Date: Oct.19-2020 7:00 pm EST)
mine is XBXXAXX-XX - X being numbers

Reactions: PP62

hsabharwal

May 8, 2012
Hi,
I want to apply for my parents PR, can i use my wife as my cosigner, the catch is that i sponsored her and she landed in Canada in 2018 and she is in my undertaking for 3 years ( the way you take your parents undertaking for 20 years ) but she has/will have all her taxation that is required

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Hi Everyone

I got the invitation yesterday morning. I was going through the forms and the document checklist.

I have a question: on my passport and my birth certificate, father and mother's name doesn't contain surname/family name. However, my name does have surname on passport. On parent's passports, the surname is mentioned. Is it fine if I explain it in the letter of explanation and submit an affidavit from my parents?

Appreciate your advices and suggestions.
Congratulations!!! As far as I know it shouldn’t matter as long as you explain in the letter.

DarKW

Oct 15, 2020
I do not understand what would be fair according to you. Only to choose those who made over 100$K per year ? Each family situation is different, singles and parents with children do not pay the same amount of taxes either, and do not benefit from the same services (like free education not child benefits).
This is Canada guys, and it is probably the reason you chosed this country to start a new life, because you wanted a life with equal opportunities. The fact that some of you have been living in Canada for several years, which is also my case (10 years) doesn’t put me in a better position of anyone who came after me.
I don't think it matters what you make what matters is that there has to be fairness to the system. I have been applying since 2016 and have not been picked. I came to Canada in 2005 have been citizen for 8 years now, nothing against any of the new immigrants who got picked happy for you guys, but how is that fair that someone who arrived in Canada in 2016 is selected to apply for their parents this year and someone who has been applying for 5 years is not picked?... Imagine if you come here as a student / PHD masters bachelors whatever and apply for immigration and lets say in 100 thousand application they decide to only pick 5 thousand on a lottery system would you accept that system to be fair? Parents might be different due to healthcare concerns etc but not all parents need healthcare immediately my mother is 54, shes healthy and managing a gas station. So all i have to say is there has to be a merit to the system. 1st Citizens get picked first (US only allows citizedns to apply), 2nd prioritize those who have applied before 3rd considering healthcare seems to be such a big issue (not sure why the government don't openly state it) prioritize younger parents. Tbh even if the first 2 are implemented we wont be having any discussions here about the merit of the system