+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have been a passive reader over the years but this is my first time making an account and posting on this forum and I'm really excited to finally be a part of this growing community. I shall do my best to inform and guide readers based on my experiences with IRCC.

Happy to share that I received the invitation this morning to sponsor my parents under PGP 2020.

Expressed interest to sponsor on Oct 13, 2020 between 12 PM to 12:15 PM (the first 15 minutes)
Received invitation to sponsor email today, Jan 06, 2021 around 9:25 AM (from the CIC.CPCMississauga email ID people have shared above)
Confirmation number is 1AEXXXX-XX

A bit of background: I'm in Ontario, Canada since Fall 2014, went from being an International student to Foreign Worker to Permanent Resident. Parents are in Canada on a Super Visa. This is my first draw and first time being eligible to sponsor them, meeting all eligibility criteria and income requirements for 2018, 2019 & 2020 (thankfully 2020 was lowered due to the pandemic). We are aware of how uncertain and random a lottery system can be and based on the fact that many eligible and potential sponsors have been waiting for years, we were not expecting this but still hopeful, you know?

Don't lose hope! Stay positive and hopeful. There are more invitations coming, if not this draw then the big one in 2021.
We don't know how many invitations they are sending daily and it's still not over. I wish everyone good luck!
"CIC.CPCMississauga "? so this is region specific ?

Taranmeet

Nov 27, 2019
Did you look at the application package? I looked at the current IMM 5771e and didn't see principle applicant and applicant's spouse birth certificate is needed.

Their marriage certificate is needed and YOUR (sponsor's) birth certificate is also required.

well unless you are sponsoring your grandparents, then your parent's birth certificate is needed.
Agree..i don't see any birth certificate being asked in checklist for parents unless you are sponsoring grandparents.

Reactions: YVR123

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
What kind of changes do you want?

I think the key issue is that the one time IRCC tried to change from a total random distribution of the spots to something that had some kind of competitive edge to it, they got sued! Sued to the extent they had to make behind doors deals with the lawyers to allow more candidates to get spots.

So that back fired on IRCC. I really doubt they will change from the current tried and tested no lawsuit lottery system to anything else.
I think they should have a points or ranking system as in Express entry based on the number of days stay, tax paid, income qualification, etc. It will at least have some kind of justifiable process.

Lottery is like winning Lotto max

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I think they should have a points or ranking system as in Express entry based on the number of days stay, tax paid, income qualification, etc. It will at least have some kind of justifiable process.

Lottery is like winning Lotto max
I agree

However I know for a fact that there will be people hiring lawyers to sue for being discriminatory and unconstitutional. IRCC probably wants to avoid that.

Anything that is perceived as favoring anybody for any reason is Un-Canadian as far as I am told.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
dont why they dont have an EE style PGP program

EE style will favor those who have jobs. Those who have money. Those who have skills.

Which "is not fair". Pretty crazy. But it is how it is.

Disabled or handicapped or people with medical conditions will feel that the system works against them and that is certainly not fair to them.

Hence the total random lottery system is the solution.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Parents and Grandparents Program 2020

Hi,

I received an invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program on January 5th 2021. I have checked all the forms and figured out that my parents do NOT have BIRTH CERTIFICATE or any similar document.

A friend of mine in US went through the same situation when his parents could not provide the Birth certificate as they don't have any municipality record in India. My friend got a Non-availability Certificate from Municipal governing body which describes the non-existence of any record of event to the birth of my parents. The US immigration accept this affidavit.

I would like to know what I shall do in Canadian scenario as my parents do have an affidavit for the non-existence of the record. Does Canadian Immigration accept this affidavit in place of Birth Certificate.
Another thing I need to mention here is that they got their marriage registered in 2019 when they originally got married in 1981. Will IRCC accept all these documents.

Please note that my parents are not educated and would not have 10thand 12th certificate either (as a replacement for birth certificate)

Can someone please help?
What all documents are required ?

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
EE style will favor those who have jobs. Those who have money. Those who have skills.

Which "is not fair". Pretty crazy. But it is how it is.
That means take tax from people who earn with hard work and give it to the one's who don't.

That's what the system says... ?!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
That means take tax from people who earn with hard work and give it to the one's who don't.

That's what the system says... ?!
Yes. That's the whole concept of Confederation.

Same with Equalization payments across provinces.

Any program that is perceived to favor people who have more triggers accusations of unfairness. If you have less and you are given something that's fine. All in the spirit of giving.

If you live in Canada long enough you will become familiar with this principle.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
I have received the invitation email just now..........from my friend to register on wealthsimple