+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
I think some would say that is Un-Canadian. Best not to have any money changing hands. Otherwise IRCC may have to apply for a lottery licence.

Also how to make payment? Some people may not know how to make payment online. Or they may not have a bank account. The system needs to have as little barriers to access as possible and be as inclusionary as possible.

Right now all you need is proof of Canadian residency and an email address. And you can take part. I think that's as minimal as it should be.
There is always a paper application option and reg ppl without bank acc - wonder how they pay Taxes and show LICO eligibility

the real solution to this prob is to reallocate the spot in the lottery to qualified applications if Lottery stays that is

Reactions: nayr69sg
Dec 26, 2020
What kind of changes do you want?

I think the key issue is that the one time IRCC tried to change from a total random distribution of the spots to something that had some kind of competitive edge to it, they got sued! Sued to the extent they had to make behind doors deals with the lawyers to allow more candidates to get spots.

So that back fired on IRCC. I really doubt they will change from the current tried and tested no lawsuit lottery system to anything else.
Wasn't the first time they made a 'competitive' change. They had a FIFO with complete applications mailed a few years ago - but that was abused by couriers in Ontario charging absurd prices to get people first in line, with garbage bags full of applications.

I personally think there has to be some sort of weight put on previous unsuccessful candidates to get to a fairer model.

Datarainu

Jan 6, 2021
Parents and Grandparents Program 2020

My parents got their PR under PGP 2019. For birth certificates they submitted copies of their 10th and 11th/12th mark sheets. For marriage certificate, they submitted an affidavit from a notary. These were accepted by IRCC and they got their PRs few months back.
Hi,

I received an invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program on January 5th 2021. I have checked all the forms and figured out that my parents do NOT have BIRTH CERTIFICATE or any similar document.

A friend of mine in US went through the same situation when his parents could not provide the Birth certificate as they don't have any municipality record in India. My friend got a Non-availability Certificate from Municipal governing body which describes the non-existence of any record of event to the birth of my parents. The US immigration accept this affidavit.

I would like to know what I shall do in Canadian scenario as my parents do have an affidavit for the non-existence of the record. Does Canadian Immigration accept this affidavit in place of Birth Certificate.
Another thing I need to mention here is that they got their marriage registered in 2019 when they originally got married in 1981. Will IRCC accept all these documents.

Please note that my parents are not educated and would not have 10thand 12th certificate either (as a replacement for birth certificate)

Can someone please help?

Datarainu

Jan 6, 2021
Hi Varinder,
Depending on where in India you are from; it is not hard to get these documents done. I recently had my parents made these documents from Suvidha Centre in Punjab. For birth certificates, you can get a 'Record Not Found' document if their birth was not registered. All they need is their Aadhar Card for this. It costs less than 500 INR for this.
For the marriage certificate, it is not that hard to get the marriage registered either. It costs around 7000-10,000 INR for this but can be done at Suvidha Centre as well.

Hope this helps.!

Regards

Hi,
I received an invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program on January 5th 2021. I have checked all the forms and figured out that my parents do NOT have BIRTH CERTIFICATE or any similar document.

A friend of mine in US went through the same situation when his parents could not provide the Birth certificate as they don't have any municipality record in India. My friend got a Non-availability Certificate from Municipal governing body which describes the non-existence of any record of event to the birth of my parents. The US immigration accept this affidavit.

I would like to know what I shall do in Canadian scenario as my parents do have an affidavit for the non-existence of the record. Does Canadian Immigration accept this affidavit (made in April 2019) in place of Birth Certificate.
Another thing I need to mention here is that they got their marriage registered in 2019 when they originally got married in 1981. Will IRCC accept all these documents.

Please note that my parents are not educated and would not have 10thand 12th certificate either (as a replacement for birth certificate)

Can someone please help?

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Did anyone received invitation in afternoon yesterday ?

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have been a passive reader over the years but this is my first time making an account and posting on this forum and I'm really excited to finally be a part of this growing community. I shall do my best to inform and guide readers based on my experiences with IRCC.

Happy to share that I received the invitation this morning to sponsor my parents under PGP 2020.

Expressed interest to sponsor on Oct 13, 2020 between 12 PM to 12:15 PM (the first 15 minutes)
Received invitation to sponsor email today, Jan 06, 2021 around 9:25 AM (from the CIC.CPCMississauga email ID people have shared above)
Confirmation number is 1AEXXXX-XX

A bit of background: I'm in Ontario, Canada since Fall 2014, went from being an International student to Foreign Worker to Permanent Resident. Parents are in Canada on a Super Visa. This is my first draw and first time being eligible to sponsor them, meeting all eligibility criteria and income requirements for 2018, 2019 & 2020 (thankfully 2020 was lowered due to the pandemic). We are aware of how uncertain and random a lottery system can be and based on the fact that many eligible and potential sponsors have been waiting for years, we were not expecting this but still hopeful, you know?

Don't lose hope! Stay positive and hopeful. There are more invitations coming, if not this draw then the big one in 2021.
We don't know how many invitations they are sending daily and it's still not over. I wish everyone good luck!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have been a passive reader over the years but this is my first time making an account and posting on this forum and I'm really excited to finally be a part of this growing community. I shall do my best to inform and guide readers based on my experiences with IRCC.

Happy to share that I received the invitation this morning to sponsor my parents under PGP 2020.

Expressed interest to sponsor on Oct 13, 2020 between 12 PM to 12:15 PM (the first 15 minutes)
Received invitation to sponsor email today, Jan 06, 2021 around 9:25 AM (from the CIC.CPCMississauga email ID people have shared above)

A bit of background: I'm in Ontario, Canada since Fall 2014, went from being an International student to Foreign Worker to Permanent Resident. Parents are in Canada on a Super Visa. This is my first draw and first time being eligible to sponsor them, meeting all eligibility criteria and income requirements for 2018, 2019 & 2020 (thankfully 2020 was lowered due to the pandemic). We are aware of how uncertain and random a lottery system can be and based on the fact that many eligible and potential sponsors have been waiting for years, we were not expecting this but still hopeful, you know?

Don't lose hope! Stay positive and hopeful. There are more invitations coming, if not this draw then the big one in 2021.
We don't know how many invitations they are sending daily and it's still not over. I wish everyone good luck!
Congratulations!

Reactions: hotsalsa

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

I would like to know what I shall do in Canadian scenario as my parents do have an affidavit for the non-existence of the record. Does Canadian Immigration accept this affidavit (made in April 2019) in place of Birth Certificate.

Can someone please help?
Did you look at the application package? I looked at the current IMM 5771e and didn't see principle applicant and applicant's spouse birth certificate is needed.

Their marriage certificate is needed and YOUR (sponsor's) birth certificate is also required.

well unless you are sponsoring your grandparents, then your parent's birth certificate is needed.

Reactions: Taranmeet

jeffhanie

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
JULY 30, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JANUARY 4, 2016
AOR Received.
MARCH 16, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
i am so bored on refreshing my email inbox since yesterday :( anybody has some tips to get over the anticipation ?
you are not alone.. this is so frustrating... :(

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

you are 1 lucky guy.. 1st time turned to be the charm.. congrats