+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
To IRCC's credit, they did try to change the lottery to a FIFO system in 2019. However that resulted in actual lawsuits!

With the lottery there have been no lawsuits whatsoever. Just a lot of harmless noise.

I think the issue at hand is people don't like to be told that they DID NOT get a spot because of their incompetence or negligence or deficiencies or fault.

It is better to just blame "bad luck or lack of luck". Works well with the "Sorry" culture.

It is very much Canadian. I agree lottery is here to stay. Any other system will invite lawsuits.

I wonder though whether they will use lottery to distribute other resources which have higher demand than supply in future?

ruic3429

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Yes, lottery would be the only option so far to be fair. Any others such as taxes/earnings would be considered as un-Canadian ways

Reactions: nayr69sg

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To IRCC's credit, they did try to change the lottery to a FIFO system in 2019. However that resulted in actual lawsuits!

With the lottery there have been no lawsuits whatsoever. Just a lot of harmless noise.

I think the issue at hand is people don't like to be told that they DID NOT get a spot because of their incompetence or negligence or deficiencies or fault.

It is better to just blame "bad luck or lack of luck". Works well with the "Sorry" culture.

It is very much Canadian. I agree lottery is here to stay. Any other system will invite lawsuits.

I wonder though whether they will use lottery to distribute other resources which have higher demand than supply in future?
If people entered the lottery without qualifying (either through laziness or ignorance), they need to suck it up and own it.

Reactions: kprs_ind

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
If people entered the lottery without qualifying (either through laziness or ignorance), they need to suck it up and own it.
Why? They lost nothing. No penalty. No repercussions. What's there to be unhappy about?

It is the people who are unhappy about those people entering the lottery without qualifying that may need to accept this is how the lottery system works.

At least now they require you to submit proof of Canadian residency. In the beginning there were people who were NOT CANADIAN who said they got picked to sponsor their parents to Canada. Can you imagine that! LOL!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
i think there should be small fees for application.. which can be used to pay for the application if selected in lottery.. returned if not selected in lottery.. and forfeited if applied, selected and deemed ineligible
I think some would say that is Un-Canadian. Best not to have any money changing hands. Otherwise IRCC may have to apply for a lottery licence.

Also how to make payment? Some people may not know how to make payment online. Or they may not have a bank account. The system needs to have as little barriers to access as possible and be as inclusionary as possible.

Right now all you need is proof of Canadian residency and an email address. And you can take part. I think that's as minimal as it should be.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My Parents don't have 10th and 12th certificate either (besides birth certificates as they didn't study). They have a proof from Municipal corporation which shows that their record is non existent and affidavit (made in April 2019) stating the same.

However they do got their marriage registered in April 2019 after 28 years (for the marriage done in 1981)

Will IRCC accept the same ?
Why do they need their 10th and 12th certificate? I just looked at the document check list (IMM 5771e) and I do not see this being required for principle applicant or spouse of principle applicant.

bikramg14

Jan 6, 2021
Congratulations to all of you who have received an invitation to sponsor your pgp.

This is my first post, and I am disapointed to see people throwing sh** to the system.

I do understand we all want to be with our family and the desire each one of us have to bring our parents / grand-parents to Canada.
I see people complaining about other canadians and the fact that they do pay taxes.

Each one of us made a decision to start a new life in Canada, and I am pretty sure we were all aware that bringing our parents to Canada was not something granted by the government.

We ALL pay taxes, and we do so that we can benefit of some free services we wouldn’t receive in our countries.
So please, stop complaining, it is a lottery system and eventhough there is much to be improved, do not believe that because you are an essential worker or you have been living in Canada for several years sponsorship for pgp will be granted.
Good luck to everyone, and Congratulations to all of you who got the invitation already !
i also dont accept that how easily PR is given to refugees, kept in hotels and paid good money until one finds a job.
i never said that i paid more tax than anyone here, i just stated wht i paid and how i worked non stop during pandemic and lost 2 family members and might loose a 3rd one cause of a failed lottery sysemtem doesnt let some of us be together,
I just want system be more fair. We all immigrants do a lot for this nation, we contribute so much to economy and all we ask is for fair system rather than waiting for being served a dish that doesnt feed us all

Dec 26, 2020
I had been trying since 2014, but never worked out. Was lucky enough to get it in 2019 FIFO. As far as I'm concerned IRCC is in over their heads with this. They have changed the way it works almost every year. The lottery system is fair to a degree in that it completely ignores the multiple unsuccessful attempts applicants have made over the years. In any case, I wish you all luck. I know the disappointment of not being picked all too well. If you're not successful this year, keep the faith, your time will come.

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
I submitted my application on Oct 13 2020 at 4:20 pm EST. No email yet. Does that mean I didn’t make it?
[/QUOT
Same here. No email yet.

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
I had been trying since 2014, but never worked out. Was lucky enough to get it in 2019 FIFO. As far as I'm concerned IRCC is in over their heads with this. They have changed the way it works almost every year. The lottery system is fair to a degree in that it completely ignores the multiple unsuccessful attempts applicants have made over the years. In any case, I wish you all luck. I know the disappointment of not being picked all too well. If you're not successful this year, keep the faith, your time will come.
I have been trying since the lottery system started but never got selected. I missed in 2019 by few seconds. Its very Sad. Also very annoying as IRCC is still not making any changes in terms of who can apply.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I have been trying since the lottery system started but never got selected. I missed in 2019 by few seconds. Its very Sad. Also very annoying as IRCC is still not making any changes in terms of who can apply.
What kind of changes do you want?

I think the key issue is that the one time IRCC tried to change from a total random distribution of the spots to something that had some kind of competitive edge to it, they got sued! Sued to the extent they had to make behind doors deals with the lawyers to allow more candidates to get spots.

So that back fired on IRCC. I really doubt they will change from the current tried and tested no lawsuit lottery system to anything else.