+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

bikramg14

Jan 6, 2021
No news yet, honestly speaking I am disappointed in the system. I have filed around 100k in taxes in 3 years combined. I am an essential worker and worked non stop during pandemic, my dad passed away in May and couldn't even visit him in his last days. 10days after my granddad passed away, and obviously due to no fly rules and since I am a essential worker, couldn't be for him either.
Finally in Oct when they starting taking applications, I applied for my 88 year grandmother who is living on her own in India.
But obviously the country doesn't care enough for our parents. I see many people not working and getting paid good amount from government but I can't even get my 1 dependent grandparent over? What am I paying taxes for?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Perhaps they had the problem of having too many people calling about their email they had not received yet but know they got picked in the lottery from checking the tool?

Sigh. I guess everything has its pros and cons.
Back then I remembered a few members said they got selected (the tracking showed their confirmation number) but the invitation email was received a couple of days later...
But that was PRE-COVID-19!!! ha ha ha

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Back then I remembered a few members said they got selected (the tracking showed their confirmation number) but the invitation email was received a couple of days later...
But that was PRE-COVID-19!!! ha ha ha
I think maybe IRCC hasnt switched from their FIFO work flow. That one didn't have the tool. You waited for the email to see if you made it.

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
I applied on 13 th October but no email so far . Feel negative already

Reactions: kprs_ind

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
No news yet, honestly speaking I am disappointed in the system. I have filed around 100k in taxes in 3 years combined. I am an essential worker and worked non stop during pandemic, my dad passed away in May and couldn't even visit him in his last days. 10days after my granddad passed away, and obviously due to no fly rules and since I am a essential worker, couldn't be for him either.
Finally in Oct when they starting taking applications, I applied for my 88 year grandmother who is living on her own in India.
But obviously the country doesn't care enough for our parents. I see many people not working and getting paid good amount from government but I can't even get my 1 dependent grandparent over? What am I paying taxes for?
You me and so many others here pay taxes to support the FAKE ODSP/FAKE social assistance Kings and Queens we see everywhere. They are perfectly alright but will be in coffee shops and malls all the time spending money on Lotto.

What is most hurtful is that the really needy/deserving ppl like veterans dont seem to get much benefit

Reactions: bikramg14

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Is this your first year applying?

The system is a lottery. It has nothing to do with how much tax you paid or what you work as.

It is almost as good as buying a Lotto ticket (much better odds of winning than Lotto)

Most people are happy with the lottery and prefer it to FIFO and other methods to choose people by merit. Lottery is the fairest according to many.

You just have to hope you are lucky. Some people are very lucky. First time apply and they won the lottery! And they swear the lottery is the best method!

I wish you all the best and hope you get an email in the coming days!

Last edited:
Reactions: babybenz

bikramg14

Jan 6, 2021
Is this your first year applying?

The system is a lottery. It has nothing to do with how much tax you paid or what you work as.

It is almost as good as buying a Lotto ticket (much better odds of winning than Lotto)

Most people are happy with the lottery and prefer it to FIFO and other methods to choose people by merit. Lottery is the fairest according to many.

You just have to hope you are lucky. Some people are very lucky. First time apply and they won the lottery! And they swear the lottery is the best method!
why does it have to be a lottery? i understand the crap system very well but it could be far more better.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
why does it have to be a lottery? i understand the crap system very well but it could be far more better.
I have been criticizing the lottery for many years now. It trivializes sponsorship of parents to a game.

but most here will not agree with me. Majority wins.

I am just glad that the 1 year they had the FIFO I made full use of it and got a spot.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Oh dear... we had a long discussion about this topic previously...
Lots are suggesting a merit & credit-base system which combined the following: length of your stay (as PR or citizen) in Canada; Total Tax paid in Canada; Your family in Canada, etc...
But all may take longer time than lottery, I presume so here it is: lottery

Reactions: nayr69sg

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It doesn't necessarily have to be a lottery.

Many years ago IRCC had no cap on applications. Back then, wait times for application processing were 10+ years. People didn't want the long wait times so the caps were introduced.

IRCC has also tried a first in first out approach where they started accepting applications as of a certain day and those who submitted their applications first were accepted. This was a mess and cause courier races. People spent a huge amount of money on couriers and some people even flew to different cities to try to make sure their applications made the cut. This was a bad system.

So now we have the lottery.