+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Anyone else received after 12:00 PM?...
I am trying to guess if IRCC is sending the emails bit by bit through out the day's office hour or just in one-two hour slot...
There used to be a website page where you could key in your confirmation number to see if you got picked in the lottery or not so you dont wait in suspense for the email or not getting the email to determine your status in the lottery pick.

Is that website not functioning?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
There used to be a website page where you could key in your confirmation number to see if you got picked in the lottery or not so you dont wait in suspense for the email or not getting the email to determine your status in the lottery pick.

Is that website not functioning?
Well, it is on the IRCC website but the tracking tool is yet available. I guess this year, after IRCC done sending all invitation, then they would publish the tool online for cross-checking
But back in 2018, the tool was available the first day as far as I remembered...

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Well, it is on the IRCC website but the tracking tool is yet available. I guess this year, after IRCC done sending all invitation, then they would publish the tool online for cross-checking
But back in 2018, the tool was available the first day as far as I remembered...
Yes it was. I don't understand why it shouldn't be available first before they start sending out invitiations.

Is the lottery done in a batch eg one event they pick all candidates? Or done in real time one by one as they send the emails out?

andy6835

Jul 30, 2014
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Text from CIC website: "We post information in a tool on this page once all the invitations are sent. You can use it to check your invitation status using your confirmation number.."

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Yes it was. I don't understand why it shouldn't be available first before they start sending out invitiations.

Is the lottery done in a batch eg one event they pick all candidates? Or done in real time one by one as they send the emails out?
I would guess at this point, IRCC would already have a big list of, for example, 30,000 unique emails to be sent... But, IRCC will be sending out those emails in batch to ease out the load on the email server and lowering chance that recepient's email server would reject the email due to false-positive spam alert

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I would guess at this point, IRCC would already have a big list of, for example, 30,000 unique emails to be sent... But, IRCC will be sending out those emails in batch to ease out the load on the email server and lowering chance that recepient's email server would reject the email due to false-positive spam alert
Perhaps they had the problem of having too many people calling about their email they had not received yet but know they got picked in the lottery from checking the tool?

Sigh. I guess everything has its pros and cons.