+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
How did you guys find out how many spots and how many applicants?

Edit : Found following information from article. so the odds are 20% not 3 or 5%....
"This year, the federal government offered 20,000 spots for sponsoring parents or grandparents, and confirmed that more than 100,000 had attempted to access the online form to express interest. "
thats not correct, they were very clear about saying it is one 10,000 spots for 2020.

DarKW

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah I remember you being around all those years back.

I missed the 2016 Courier FIFO. Started applying in 2017. All lottery. Never got selected for 1st round 2017, 2nd round 2017, 1st round 2018, 2nd round 2018.

Then 2019 became FIFO. And I got a spot.

Just wondering if anyone here has been trying since 2017 and still hasn't been successful?
Me!!!!! Been applying since 2016 as well. I did not hear anything today not sure if that means i did not get selected or maybe i should hope that i will get an email in next coming days......

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hmm maybe they decided to just make it FIFO!!!!

Actually that would be a good way to go.

Make it an "unofficial" FIFO system.

But say it is a lottery.

FIFO is easier for them no need to run any lottery etc.

But with calling it a lottery then there is no lawsuits.
Sure websites like this would pick up the irregularity and then IRCC would get sued. The goal is not to get sued again so IRCC wouldn’t be that stupid. They advertised a lottery so they must run a lawyer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Both.

I have never liked the lottery system as a means to determine PGP eligibility. Totally trivializes the program. Treats people sponsoring parents like a game.

To rub salt into wounds they do the lottery in a unprofessional way which no other lottery would approve of. All draws are usually done in public for transparency and result made known immediately to prevent fraud and tampering.

Not so with the PGP lottery. Amazing.
You want to draw 10000 and previously closer to 20000 publicly while also protecting personal information. Stream it over a few days? This is a compassionate program only so much time and effort can go into how it is run.

MaryamsWorld

Jan 5, 2021
Would have been very nice if we had some data on how many invites were sent out today. Would have also been awesome to also know how many applications were submitted in total. Doing some probability assessment would have helped those of us who haven't gotten an invite re-adjust hopes and expectations to actual facts and move on emotionally.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would have been very nice if we had some data on how many invites were sent out today. Would have also been awesome to also know how many applications were submitted in total. Doing some probability assessment would have helped those of us who haven't gotten an invite re-adjust hopes and expectations to actual facts and move on emotionally.
People here are guessing chances are somewhere between 3% and 10% based on previous years and volumes of applications.

welcomecanada

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Friends,
I have a question from form EIMM5669e:
4) Have you or, if you are the principal applicant , any of you family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever:
d) been refused..... visitor or temporary resident visa....

One of my parent's visitor visa extension got rejected once , applied again and rejected again and left country after 1 month.
Does this cause any issues to sponsor this parent?

Last edited:

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
For those who received the invite, may I ask the first 3 digit/character of your confirmation number?
It is randomized and and such, will be randomly selected. It is independent on the date of your submission (vs. deadline) and therefore, independently from the confirmation number.
CBC news said that the invitation process would be happening in the next 10 days
source here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lottery-immigration-parents-grandparents-sponsor-1.5860855
I guess the time emails are being sent would be in "office hours", based on EST..
So, just keep checking your email inbox, spam folder, etc... and following the IRCC on the social network

MaryamsWorld

Jan 5, 2021
It is randomized and and such, will be randomly selected. It is independent on the date of your submission (vs. deadline) and therefore, independently from the confirmation number.
CBC news said that the invitation process would be happening in the next 10 days
source here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lottery-immigration-parents-grandparents-sponsor-1.5860855
I guess the time emails are being sent would be in "office hours", based on EST..
So, just keep checking your email inbox, spam folder, etc... and following the IRCC on the social network
I do wonder what made it not feasible for them to send out the invites to everyone today. You would think that they would have a large database of email addresses and the invites are basically standardized and can be autogenerated

Reactions: nayr69sg