+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
My feeling is that, if IRCC has not invited anyone within this week, it would highly be over to the Jan-Feb 2021...
Provinces across Canada are restricting non-essential travelling in hope to control the outbreak, at least until there are some vacination so holding the invitation would likely be helpful with that. People will not have to gathering documentes, attestation, notary, fingerprints, etc... therefore less travelling, less contacting, etc...

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My feeling is that, if IRCC has not invited anyone within this week, it would highly be over to the Jan-Feb 2021...
Provinces across Canada are restricting non-essential travelling in hope to control the outbreak, at least until there are some vacination so holding the invitation would likely be helpful with that. People will not have to gathering documentes, attestation, notary, fingerprints, etc... therefore less travelling, less contacting, etc...
Don't think the government is worried about applicants gathering paper and more likely IRCC employees gathering. Yet again with Pgp2020 being dependent on NOA2020 not Noa2019 the writing was on the wall that processing wasn't going to be fast.

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
No Christmas miracle then? :(
Do you guys think it's some junior data analyst Bobby working from home who is manually removing duplicates from an outdated Excel spreadsheet which probably crashes every half hour? And then he thinks to himself - forget it, this year is a write off anyway, I'll finish it next March?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No Christmas miracle then? :(
Do you guys think it's some junior data analyst Bobby working from home who is manually removing duplicates from an outdated Excel spreadsheet which probably crashes every half hour? And then he thinks to himself - forget it, this year is a write off anyway, I'll finish it next March?
A Christmas miracle would be that everyone gets vaccinated, people stop getting sick from the virus , people stop dying from the virus , people on wait lists to get cancer treatment can be assisted, and millions unemployed can get back to work , then the Government can look into this program
That’s a Christmas miracle

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This thread is about the PGP program, naturally everyone was anxious to hear great news this December (hence, Christmas miracle). For the rest of the world problems there are other forums. Now let's hope to hear good news for all our forum friends early next year! :D
It is all related. The hospitals are now full and wait listed are substantially worse than they used to be and it is now clear to all Canadians that longterm care is underfunded so rushing to add more seniors to ad to the list is not a huge priority.

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Unfortunately parent sponsorship was never guaranteed. Think the government needs to clarify that parents and grandparents are not all going to be able to relocate to Canada. Some people move to Canada assuming their parents will be able to move to Canada in 3+ years which is incorrect. Some may not decide to immigrate to Canada if that is the case but would rather people be informed and not move based on false expectations.
That's the whole point. Unlike the states if you make decent money annually and are a citizen you can make a sponsorship application and it done within a year. While this country flaunts about family unification and stands for family values and for most of us parents are a part of the family. I never migrated intending to bring my parents, but situation change.

Reactions: dalsy2 and nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
That's the whole point. Unlike the states if you make decent money annually and are a citizen you can make a sponsorship application and it done within a year. While this country flaunts about family unification and stands for family values and for most of us parents are a part of the family. I never migrated intending to bring my parents, but situation change.
Were you aware of the rules pertaining to sponsoring your parents to Canada when you migrated to Canada?

I think the information is all there. People just have to look for it. Do some research. Plan ahead and find out possibilities and restrictions.

Too often I hear people who have migrated to Canada complaining about career prospects and parent sponsorship. Not referring to you. Just in general.

But all you need is to google and you will hit the truth right away.

There are many Canadians (local born) who are quite against parent sponsorship. So this is a sensitive topic. So it is best not to be too "loud" on this issue. Canadians also generally hate it when immigrants compare Canada to USA. The often response would be "go to USA then".

The PGP is still around. Keep trying and hoping. Alternatively as with things being able to change so can we change. One can change where they live in this world. USA, Canada, Europe, India, China, Korea, Philippines, Africa, Indonesia, Middle East.....

Wish everyone trying to sponsor their parents the best of luck (literally) in the coming lottery.

Reactions: babybenz

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
This thread is about the PGP program, naturally everyone was anxious to hear great news this December (hence, Christmas miracle). For the rest of the world problems there are other forums. Now let's hope to hear good news for all our forum friends early next year! :D
I’m well aware what the thread is about . I’m not quite at that point where I need assistance in helping me read .I’m going to ignore your comment regarding the rest of the worlds problems . Lady, those problems happening in the rest of the world , you know , that bothersome pandemic , along with those unnecessary deaths ,are happening in your own backyard.

Last edited:

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Do you guys think that PFP 2021 will open for applications after announcing the lottery list of PGP 2020? Or both are not connected?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Do you guys think that PFP 2021 will open for applications after announcing the lottery list of PGP 2020? Or both are not connected?
Well, up to now, the invitation round for PGP 2020 of 10,000 invitations has not been sent out yet. It is not likely IRCC will be doing such thing like that in the next 10 days of this year, consider the series of holidays and all. It is generally safe to say, the invitation of PGP2020 will very be likely happening in early January 2021.
As such, the PGP2021 of 30,000 invitations may be due to get out probably sometimes like May - June - just my wild guess
Other seniors here may certainly furnish you with more info...

• Wow

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The 2020 lottery will happen before the PGP2021. It would be so much more work if they tried to run them at the same time and it would produce lots of duplicates.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada defines family as spouse and dependent children in all their immigration documents. Most countries where parents will have access to lots of public services don't allow parent sponsorship or at an unlimited level. You can sponsor your parents in the US once you are a citizen in the US but getting citizenship can be a lengthy process. You are also much more financially responsible for your parents which is why there is less of an issue.