+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
that is not duplicate imo, both siblings are eligible to sponsor so they both should be given a ticket to lottery.
I never said the siblings were duplicates. I said it is unclear how IRCC is policing the list to differentiate multiple applications versus fraud in general. It was outsiders that brought up to IRCC the fact that there were duplicate applications a few years ago. Some applicants had been accepted and may had already been approved when it was discovered they had submitted multiple EOIs. It is unclear how the list is being policed.

Reactions: Hopefulguy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing great during this pandemic. I am new to this thread and want to get an opinion regarding income requirement. If someone can guide me through would be much appreciated. I am planning to do EOI for parents which is currently open. I do meet the income requirement for 2018 and 2020, however not for 2019 because I was on EI for parental leave. I have full time permanent job since 2016. I am wondering can I still apply? Because if I was not on EI I would meet the income requirement for 2019 as well? Do they consider if someone have stable source of income or they just go by Notice of Assessment? Please guide if someone have any idea about this.
Thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing great during this pandemic. I am new to this thread and want to get an opinion regarding income requirement. If someone can guide me through would be much appreciated. I am planning to do EOI for parents which is currently open. I do meet the income requirement for 2018 and 2020, however not for 2019 because I was on EI for parental leave. I have full time permanent job since 2016. I am wondering can I still apply? Because if I was not on EI I would meet the income requirement for 2019 as well? Do they consider if someone have stable source of income or they just go by Notice of Assessment? Please guide if someone have any idea about this.
Thanks
IRCC's system will only look at the line 150 on the NOA for 3 consecutive years. It is auto-screening process, no human or personal consideration is involved in this process. If your criteria is missed, the system will automatically refuse your application
So, you will certainly be able to submit the EOI; you may be even selected but giving the above fact, your application will be rejected when the actual process starts.
Just my opinion, other experts may give some helps

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
IRCC's system will only look at the line 150 on the NOA for 3 consecutive years. It is auto-screening process, no human or personal consideration is involved in this process. If your criteria is missed, the system will automatically refuse your application
So, you will certainly be able to submit the EOI; you may be even selected but giving the above fact, your application will be rejected when the actual process starts.
Just my opinion, other experts may give some helps
so that quota will be wasted?

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Thanks
someone missed $63 on one NOA and was declined.

Reactions: YVR123 and dalsy2

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks
No you wont qualify when you actually apply.

You can submit EOI as there are no checks beyond ascertaining that you are PR or Citizen. So you could get picked by the lottery.

But when you actually apply you will be rejected. Meaning you will have wasted a spot that someone else could have taken.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
so that quota will be wasted?
Frankly speaking, yes, certainly his application will be rejected. His application will not even be shortlisted to be reviewed by the actual immigration officers.
The screening process will eliminate his application because it reads the mismatched income number in the digitalized PDF, returning "false" value and alez... gone

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
I 100% understand siblings submitting EOIs for parents to increase their chances, that's fair. (For the record I don't have a Canadian sibling) But people who know they don't have enough income in advance, and they read all these sad stories of people missing $63 (!!!) while on parental leave (very reasonable explanation) and yet still being rejected....why do you guys apply knowing you will be rejected? Taking a chance away from someone who could've been reunited with their parents :( why do you do that? That's just not cool :(

Reactions: YVR123 and nayr69sg

Vaneegill

May 2, 2019
Hi all, i submitted EOI for my parents under PGP 20. Under PR card number column, i entered PR card number on the back side of my PR card and did not enter my UCI number at the front of card. I just found out that i had to enter UCI number in PR card number field. Shall i submit 1 more application with correct PR card number or i do not to do it and i can provide letter of explanation to correct this error in case if i get invited. Thanks for help.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
It is unclear how they are policing the list duplicates and fraud. Technically you both siblings should be able to apply but it is unclear how IRCC distinguishes between siblings and fraud.
There is no way for IRCC to process 150,000+ applications and takeout fraud/incomplete applications. What I think IRCC will do, draw 10,000 applications check one by one if everything is valid & complete and send out email notifications, if they found few are incomplete/not-valid they will draw those numbers again, eventually they will send out 10.000 applications and process 10,000 + few more applications.

Hence probability of getting picked of your application is further reduced.

• Sad
Reactions: nayr69sg and dalsy2

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I asked because when we work on corporation, salary comes in business account not in personal account and business account does not get considered in your income for PGP. that is why i asked.
I think it does not matter if you have a corporation, a business or work as an independent contractor. What matters is what Gross Income you declared for your taxes. If you work for a corporation; it still belongs to you (I am assuming you are talking about your own corporation). In this case, you will be the director and the employee at the same time. This leaves you with two options: - taking out salary or paying your self in dividends. Either ways the income is counted and added to your personal income and that is what should matter.
Hope this helps.!

Reactions: YVR123