AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
hello guys, Any information when PGP 2021 opens early next year as suggested by a forum member, Which NOA's will be considered. any guess?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Can someone help me if my understanding of the PGP process below is correct or not?

1. You submit EOI
2. You may or may not be invited, the following are based on you are invited
3. If you are invited, you will be given 60 days to apply for PGP PR
4. Principle applicant, i.e., one of the parent, and his/her dependent spouse or children, if applicable, should fill and sign the form and give them along with other require documents to the Sponsor (sons/daughter who are Canadian citizen or PR). They need to give physical paper of these forms and documents (via post or handover personally)
5. The sponsor are suppose to
  • Fill and sign the forms, along with co-signer if applicable;
  • Collect all the required documents as well as forms (physical papers) that are filled and signed by the principle applicant, and dependent applicants if applicable.
  • Pay necessary fees; and finally
  • Post all the forms, documents and payment proof to IRCC

Reactions: nayr69sg

ASINGH29

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hey All

Just wondering if anyone of you is in the same boat. I and my wife are eligible to sponsor 2 people and we were planning to sponsor my parents (Both Mom and Dad). I have a sibling who will still be dependent on my parents ( 16 years old at the moment ). I was wondering if we can still be eligible to sponsor.

Will this be counted and 3 people or 2 people (Mom, Dad, and their dependent child)? Should we fill the EOI?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey All

Just wondering if anyone of you is in the same boat. I and my wife are eligible to sponsor 2 people and we were planning to sponsor my parents (Both Mom and Dad). I have a sibling who will still be dependent on my parents ( 16 years old at the moment ). I was wondering if we can still be eligible to sponsor.

Will this be counted and 3 people or 2 people (Mom, Dad, and their dependent child)? Should we fill the EOI?

Thank you.
This will count as 3 people. You must include your dependent sibling in the count.

In terms of income requirements, you need to have enough to meet the requirements for 5 people (assuming the two of you have no children).

Reactions: YVR123

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Can someone help me if my understanding of the PGP process below is correct or not?

1. You submit EOI
2. You may or may not be invited, the following are based on you are invited
3. If you are invited, you will be given 60 days to apply for PGP PR
4. Principle applicant, i.e., one of the parent, and his/her dependent spouse or children, if applicable, should fill and sign the form and give them along with other require documents to the Sponsor (sons/daughter who are Canadian citizen or PR). They need to give physical paper of these forms and documents (via post or handover personally)
5. The sponsor are suppose to
  • Fill and sign the forms, along with co-signer if applicable;
  • Collect all the required documents as well as forms (physical papers) that are filled and signed by the principle applicant, and dependent applicants if applicable.
  • Pay necessary fees; and finally
  • Post all the forms, documents and payment proof to IRCC
The whole process is pretty clear and well presented here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I feel the computer would remove one as duplicate when they find same parent's names and DOBs
It is unclear how they are policing the list duplicates and fraud. Technically you both siblings should be able to apply but it is unclear how IRCC distinguishes between siblings and fraud.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
It is unclear how they are policing the list duplicates and fraud. Technically you both siblings should be able to apply but it is unclear how IRCC distinguishes between siblings and fraud.
that is not duplicate imo, both siblings are eligible to sponsor so they both should be given a ticket to lottery.

Michael110196

Oct 22, 2020
Hi everybody

Need a better understanding who can i actually sponsor under parents sponsorship program.

I was looking to sponsor my parents under this program and to my understanding that including myself and my parents I have to meet income requirements for three people for three years. The thing is I have a younger brother and he is below 22. He is already in Canada under student visa.

Will he be also included in the sponsorship acting as a fourth member or i can only sponsor my parents under the program just three of us.
Thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everybody

Need a better understanding who can i actually sponsor under parents sponsorship program.

I was looking to sponsor my parents under this program and to my understanding that including myself and my parents I have to meet income requirements for three people for three years. The thing is I have a younger brother and he is below 22. He is already in Canada under student visa.

Will he be also included in the sponsorship acting as a fourth member or i can only sponsor my parents under the program just three of us.
Thanks
If your brother is under 22 and is dependant on your parents then you must also count your brother in for the income requirement e.g. 4 people in your case (assuming you haven't had spouse/common law partners and children)
Your brother is in Canada does not mean anything in this case
If your brother is over 22, then it's just you and your parents
Hope this help

Michael110196

Oct 22, 2020
If your brother is under 22 and is dependant on your parents then you must also count your brother in for the income requirement e.g. 4 people in your case (assuming you haven't had spouse/common law partners and children)
Your brother is in Canada does not mean anything in this case
If your brother is over 22, then it's just you and your parents
Hope this help
Thanks

hkuma032

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

If we don't receive an invitation to apply in this draw, will our files be transferred to next year PGP or we need to apply again next year?

Please advice.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

If we don't receive an invitation to apply in this draw, will our files be transferred to next year PGP or we need to apply again next year?

Please advice.
historically, you will need to apply again. Not sure if they will do something different this time.

Reactions: hkuma032

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
historically, you will need to apply again. Not sure if they will do something different this time.
It is very unlikely that they will transfer the unpicked toward next years lotto since each year, the annual LICO requirements are different. Just because one meet the lico requirement for 2020 PGP, doesn't automatically means they will meet 2021 lico requirement. One could meet the 2020 PGP requirements but can fail the 2021 PGP, by failing to meet the new 2021 income requirements.