AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
They are essentially wasting a spot if they both apply and get selected their spot will go unfilled. They should only be applying for one set of parents if they don't qualify to sponsor both.
Thanks for your reply,
But my friend can't decide at this time whether to sponsor his parents or in -laws , so he wants to leave it on lottery hoping only one gets picked and obviously chances are doubled as well.

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply,
But my friend can't decide at this time whether to sponsor his parents or in -laws , so he wants to leave it on lottery hoping only one gets picked and obviously chances are doubled as well.
Technically they don't qualify based on their family number and income but in the past they haven't verified income and number of sponsored family members. They will have to hope they don't verify this year.

Reactions: zain92

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
Technically they don't qualify based on their family number and income but in the past they haven't verified income and number of sponsored family members. They will have to hope they don't verify this year.
Yes you are right, it seems like IRCC can’t verify at EOI stage, they can only verify at application stage when we provide NOA’s or consent to giving permission to contact CRA,

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Friends I need your advice on this please;

Husband and Wife want to submit EOI for their respective parents, but their combined income makes them eligible to sponsor only two people at this time due to low 2018 income ( Subject to 2021 income, they will be eligible to sponsor 4 people for the next PGP program as 2019 & 2020 income is enough).
1) Can they both submit individual EOI's for their respective parents? They know if both get invited they can proceed with only one application at that time .
2) If someone does not apply when invited and just chooses to ignore it, can it impact the future EOI or invitations in any way?
They want to double their chances as who knows which one parent couple gets invited.
3) Will there be any wait time for second parent couple in future if one parent couple gets invited in PGP 2020. There 2019 & 2020 income is good to sponsor 4 people for next PGP subject to 2021 income.
Is it a good idea to do this? Any complications in doing so?

Your valuable suggestions are welcome....
Anyone who has a PR card or Canadian Passport can submit EOI. Anyone. Even those who aren't serious about sponsoring anyone! That's how easy they made the system for EOI submission.

Chances of getting picked in the lottery is overall not high. I know I tried in 5 or 6 lottery draws (can't remember exactly) and never got picked. So the chance of BOTH EOI submissions getting picked is very very slim IMHO.

I would suggest just submitting the EOI and see if they get it then decide.

There is no penalty for submitting EOI and getting picked but not applying when invited. Many get picked in the lottery but do not qualify at all and never apply.

There is also good chance some will apply to the lottery over and over again and never ever get picked.

Like they say it's a LOTTERY! ie a game.

Last edited:

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hi Friends,

I have applied to sponsor my parents this year. My sister also lives in Canada in the same province as I live. I am wondering if my sister can apply to sponsor my parents as well? Thinking is that it will increase chances for our parents. But would two different people applying to sponsor same people allowed or one of the entry will be eliminated?

Thanks for your guidance.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have applied to sponsor my parents this year. My sister also lives in Canada in the same province as I live. I am wondering if my sister can apply to sponsor my parents as well? Thinking is that it will increase chances for our parents. But would two different people applying to sponsor same people allowed or one of the entry will be eliminated?

Technically you both could submit the EOI but just one of you would be a sponsor for your parents if selected. The moral thing will be if two of you get selected, then you guys would have just wasted 1 spot

prcanada

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Technically you both could submit the EOI but just one of you would be a sponsor for your parents if selected. The moral thing will be if two of you get selected, then you guys would have just wasted 1 spot
I feel the computer would remove one as duplicate when they find same parent's names and DOBs

Reactions: karamjeeet

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
Anyone who has a PR card or Canadian Passport can submit EOI. Anyone. Even those who aren't serious about sponsoring anyone! That's how easy they made the system for EOI submission.

Chances of getting picked in the lottery is overall not high. I know I tried in 5 or 6 lottery draws (can't remember exactly) and never got picked. So the chance of BOTH EOI submissions getting picked is very very slim IMHO.

I would suggest just submitting the EOI and see if they get it then decide.

There is no penalty for submitting EOI and getting picked but not applying when invited. Many get picked in the lottery but do not qualify at all and never apply.

There is also good chance some will apply to the lottery over and over again and never ever get picked.

Like they say it's a LOTTERY! ie a game.
Thanks for your reply,,, I was just curious to have you guys views on following scenarios;
Scenario 1.) someone not eligible, submits EOI, gets invitation, do not apply. This individual has not taken any benefit. (If we ignore a wasted spot or burden on system)
Scenario 2A) Two siblings are eligible to sponsor parents, both submit EOI
OR
2B) A couple is eligible to sponsor either parents or in-laws, both submit EOI for their respective parents.
Now in scenario A & B, Even with any of the following results;
-> No parents gets invited.
-> One parent couple gets invited.
-> Both parent couples gets invited
Scenario 2A & 2B has taken advantage in sense that they have doubled their chances at EOI stage. Now At later stage during sponsorship when NOA's are submitted , IRCC has the record of that applicant & co-signer( how many EOI's submitted and eligibility at EOI stage). Now IRCC can easily find the advantage thing if they choose to do so, does not this put scenario 2 applicants risk at that stage.
Most of the answers are directed towards scenario 1 applicants, I am curios to know about scenario 2.
your views are welcome

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for your reply,,, I was just curious to have your views on following scenarios;
Scenario 1.) someone not eligible, submits EOI, gets invitation, do not apply. This individual has not taken any benefit. (If we ignore a wasted spot or burden on system)
Scenario 2A) Two siblings are eligible to sponsor parents, both submit EOI
OR
2B) A couple is eligible to sponsor either parents or in-laws, both submit EOI for their respective parents.
Now in scenario A & B, Even with any of the following results;
-> No parents gets invited.
-> One parent couple gets invited.
-> Both parent couples gets invited
Scenario 2A & 2B has taken advantage in sense that they have doubled their chances at EOI stage. Now At later stage during sponsorship when NOA's are submitted , IRCC has the record of that applicant & co-signer( how many EOI's submitted and eligibility at EOI stage). Now IRCC can easily find the advantage thing if they choose to do so, does not this put scenario 2 applicants risk at that stage.
Most of the answers are directed towards scenario 1 applicants, I am curios to know about scenario 2.
your views are welcome
I honestly do not think IRCC goes to such lengths to see how many EOIs submitted and what not.

And even if say by dumb luck both EOIs by siblings get picked by lottery for the same pair of parents....I honestly DO NOT think IRCC will ban both siblings.

I mean that would be an invitation to sue them right? Lol!

No where is it stated anywhere that siblings who qualify cannot submit EOI for the same pair of parents.

So if all the siblings qualify then submit the EOIs! Increase the chances!

Forget about the moral what nots. Nobody can do anything except bitch about it.

Sponsoring parents is not a game when it is your parents. So do whatever you have to get ahead of the competition.

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
hi all friends .... i would appreciate if am told the total number of applications received on closing date ..... thanks

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
I honestly do not think IRCC goes to such lengths to see how many EOIs submitted and what not.

And even if say by dumb luck both EOIs by siblings get picked by lottery for the same pair of parents....I honestly DO NOT think IRCC will ban both siblings.

I mean that would be an invitation to sue them right? Lol!

No where is it stated anywhere that siblings who qualify cannot submit EOI for the same pair of parents.

So if all the siblings qualify then submit the EOIs! Increase the chances!

Forget about the moral what nots. Nobody can do anything except bitch about it.

Sponsoring parents is not a game when it is your parents. So do whatever you have to get ahead of the competition.
it makes sense if both siblings qualify they can submit individual EOI's for their parents.
Even if a couple who is eligible for either parents or in-laws( does not qualify for both, so it is bit different from siblings who both are eligible) should not be a cause of worry I assume..... as it is lottery,, a game for them.

Thanks for your valuable inputs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi all friends .... i would appreciate if am told the total number of applications received on closing date ..... thanks
No one knows. Some people have guessed 150,000

Suraksha

Dec 16, 2018
Hi Friends,

Yes....you both siblings are entitled to sponsor your parents if you are qualified to apply and you have earned it. This actually doubles your chances of getting picked in the lottery draw. As I read somewhere else every year about 80,000 qualified PR holders want to bring in their family parents and or grand parents. And during this PGP 2020 it's estimated that about 120,000 applications of interest to sponsor PGP are likely to be filed including some ineligibles, some duplicate applications, and some bogus applications just to choke the scheme. The available slots are only 10000 nos. for this PGP 2020.

The chances of getting picked in the lottery are roughly 1:12, and if you two siblings apply individually sponsoring the same parents then the chances of your strike rate are doubled at 2:12 or 1:6.

The outcome can be anyone of the following...
  1. Both can get picked. Then you will choice to decide who should accept the ITA and apply.
  2. Only 1 can get picked. You are lucky. There is no confusion. The purpose is served. The waiting is over.
  3. Both applications may not get picked. Better luck next time. PGP 2021 is due to be announced during early 2021 with the proposed intake of 30000 nos.
Now what happens if out of 10000 nos. picked and receive ITAs only 5000 nos. actually stand qualified to submit their applications? Then IRCC would conduct one or more picks from the remaining applications to complete the process of selecting & fulfilling the objective of selecting and handing out of PRs to 10000 eligible families.

I suggest that you both should apply interest to sponsor your parents and leave it to your luck. You are not wasting a slot nor you are spoiling any others chances. Do not feel guilty or apologetic. It's your right. You are not doing anything illegal