+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Apology for incomplete question, I meant Can we both apply separately? Two separate applications ?
Yes you can apply. However in the end only 1 application per pair of parents/grandparents will be processed. So you will have to choose between the applications.

26mandeep

Jun 4, 2016
Hello
I want to apply for parents sponsorship. I met the income requirements for 2018,2019 and 2020. But i got my permanent residency in april 2019 before that i had post graduation work permit.
My question is , Can i still use my 2018 income for this sponsorship?
Thank you

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello
I want to apply for parents sponsorship. I met the income requirements for 2018,2019 and 2020. But i got my permanent residency in april 2019 before that i had post graduation work permit.
My question is , Can i still use my 2018 income for this sponsorship?
Thank you
So you filed taxes to CRA 2018 before you became a PR? Did you receive a Notice of Assessment (NOA) from CRA for Tax Year 2018?

If you did not then you cannot apply. You need a NOA for income earned in 2018 from CRA. Not from other countries.

When they say "income requirements" you need a NOA from CRA to prove that income for that year.

Last edited:

26mandeep

Jun 4, 2016
Thanks for reply . I am in canada since 2015. In 2018 i had income of 55000 dollars. Yes i have noa. I got my pr in april 2019. Right now i am not sure will they consider my income of 2018

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for reply . I am in canada since 2015. In 2018 i had income of 55000 dollars. Yes i have noa. I got my pr in april 2019. Right now i am not sure will they consider my income of 2018

I think they will as long as you got the NOA.

They go by your NOA. Not so much when you got your PR. Although for most people it would have been when they got PR when they first filed Canadian taxes.

So you should be good.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
You are eligible to apply for sponsorship for PGP, if you have NOA for 2018-2019-2020 which meet the requirement for the family size in question
As far as the PR, you must be PR BEFORE you apply for PGP so you are qualified in your case

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Friends I need your advice on this please;

Husband and Wife want to submit EOI for their respective parents, but their combined income makes them eligible to sponsor only two people at this time due to low 2018 income ( Subject to 2021 income, they will be eligible to sponsor 4 people for the next PGP program as 2019 & 2020 income is enough).
1) Can they both submit individual EOI's for their respective parents? They know if both get invited they can proceed with only one application at that time .
2) If someone does not apply when invited and just chooses to ignore it, can it impact the future EOI or invitations in any way?
They want to double their chances as who knows which one parent couple gets invited.
3) Will there be any wait time for second parent couple in future if one parent couple gets invited in PGP 2020. There 2019 & 2020 income is good to sponsor 4 people for next PGP subject to 2021 income.
Is it a good idea to do this? Any complications in doing so?

Your valuable suggestions are welcome....

Last edited:

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018

Husband and Wife want to submit EOI for their respective parents, but their combined income makes them eligible to sponsor only two people at this time due to low 2018 income ( Subject to 2021 income, they will be eligible to sponsor 4 people for the next PGP program as 2019 & 2020 income is enough).
1) Can they both submit individual EOI's for their respective parents? They know if both get invited they can proceed with only one application at that time .
2) If someone does not apply when invited and just chooses to ignore it, can it impact the future EOI or invitations in any way?
They want to double their chances as who knows if one parent couple is invited.
3) Will there be any wait time for second parent couple in future if one parent couple gets invited in PGP 2020. There 2019 & 2020 income is good to sponsor 4 people for next PGP subject to 2021 income.

Answer question 1 + 2: Technically, both of you can submit the Express of Interest even though one of you will waste the spot (see below)
1/ If no one gets selected, good luck next timeIf
2/ If one you get selected, the other one could be a co-sponsor. The trick is between the two of you, you guys must decide who get to sponsor for his/her OWN parents first because one can only sponsor for his/her own parents (that's why the spouse can only be a co-sponsor). The rest does not matter
3. If both of you get selected, the same as the above but you guys have just wasted 1 spot for people who are in need
Answer question 3: So long as you guys meet the income requirements for ALL people in your family for 3 years, you should be eligible to sponsor
Hope it helps

Last edited:
Reactions: karamjeeet

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

They want to double their chances as who knows if one parent couple is invited.

They are essentially wasting a spot if they both apply and get selected their spot will go unfilled. They should only be applying for one set of parents if they don't qualify to sponsor both.

Reactions: karamjeeet

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Answer question 1 + 2: Technically, both of you can submit the Express of Interest even though one of you will waste the spot (see below)
1/ If no one gets selected, good luck next timeIf
2/ If one you get selected, the other one could be a co-sponsor. The trick is between the two of you, you guys must decide who get to sponsor for his/her OWN parents first because one can only sponsor for his/her own parents (that's why the spouse can only be a co-sponsor). The rest does not matter.
Answer question 3: So long as you guys meet the income requirements for ALL people in your family for 3 years, you should be eligible to sponsor
Hope it helps
Thanks for your quick reply; What I got from your reply is
1) this is technically feasible.
2) If one parent couple gets selected, they can proceed with that first. If it's WIFE's parents , husband can become co-signer and vice-versa.