21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Hi guys, quick question
Should I include hyphen or just 8 number of (document no.) PR card for submitting Expression of interest

dhilip

Mar 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello Folks,

I have a unique question regarding MNI. When we emigrated to Canada in the year 2018, fortunately we had a job offers and started work in a week. Because we moved only by end of April our MNI for the year 2018 is short by approximately $1500, we do qualify for the following years 2019 and 2020. Any chance our sponsorship will get approved if selected? will they consider if we explained our situation in the letter of Explanation at the time of applying? Is MNI requirement a strict Binary or is it pro rata bases? Is there a more detailed explanation/link regarding the calculation of financial of the sponsor?

Thanks in Advance,

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
Hello Folks,

I have a unique question regarding MNI. When we emigrated to Canada in the year 2018, fortunately we had a job offers and started work in a week. Because we moved only by end of April our MNI for the year 2018 is short by approximately $1500, we do qualify for the following years 2019 and 2020. Any chance our sponsorship will get approved if selected? will they consider if we explained our situation in the letter of Explanation at the time of applying? Is MNI requirement a strict Binary or is it pro rata bases? Is there a more detailed explanation/link regarding the calculation of financial of the sponsor?

Thanks in Advance,
Not the first person to ask this same question actually. It is directly based on the income reported on line 150 on your 2018 NOA. So if your combined incomes on your 2018 NOA's are less than the MNI then you are not eligible to sponsor at this time.

Reactions: YVR123 and nayr69sg

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello Folks,

Thanks in Advance,
I am sorry to hear you did not meet the minimum income for 2018.
And the LICO is a strict binary as you stated, not pro-rata
You can submit the interest, you may be even selected but when the auto-screening process start, your application will certainly be rejected automatically because of the mismatch (income requirement is the main thing).
There is no letter to explain nor consideration to be made as there is no human involved into this process just yet
Once all the criteria have been met, the human involment would kick in
There are hundreds of people who are in the same situation like yourself. In this forum, there was a thread that someone post, missing only $63 but still get rejected... The point is not about how much is the amount that you missed... If your income does not meet any of the required income, you are out
I wish you a good luck for next year though

dhilip

Mar 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
Not the first person to ask this same question actually. It is directly based on the income reported on line 150 on your 2018 NOA. So if your combined incomes on your 2018 NOA's are less than the MNI then you are not eligible to sponsor at this time.
@Ottawagal and @babybenz

Thanks for the response and time, I did search for precedence (like someone landed mid of the year and close to MNI kind of situation) did not find any. Really thank you guys for the quick response otherwise we would have applied in that hope and potentially wasted a spot.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I am sorry to hear you did not meet the minimum income for 2018.
And the LICO is a strict binary as you stated, not pro-rata
You can submit the interest, you may be even selected but when the auto-screening process start, your application will certainly be rejected automatically because of the mismatch (income requirement is the main thing).
There is no letter to explain nor consideration to be made as there is no human involved into this process just yet
Once all the criteria have been met, the human involment would kick in
There are hundreds of people who are in the same situation like yourself. In this forum, there was a thread that someone post, missing only $63 but still get rejected... The point is not about how much is the amount that you missed... If your income does not meet any of the required income, you are out
I wish you a good luck for next year though

here's a suggestion to IRCC.

Create a section which asks the applicant to input their line 150 incomes for the years required.

Eg Line 150 for 2018 =
Line 150 for 2019 =
Line 150 for X year =

The computer system should be able to generate how much income is required for X number of family members.

If the income entered by the applicant at EOI is below what is needed then screen them out.

Sure people can fake it and write what is required but my guess is quite a few don't bother to read the requirements anyway.

If they can't key in the amount that meets the requirements there is A REASON why they didnt key in a higher number. Right?

Reactions: babybenz

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
here's a suggestion to IRCC.

Create a section which asks the applicant to input their line 150 incomes for the years required.

Eg Line 150 for 2018 =
Line 150 for 2019 =
Line 150 for X year =

The computer system should be able to generate how much income is required for X number of family members.

If the income entered by the applicant at EOI is below what is needed then screen them out.

Sure people can fake it and write what is required but my guess is quite a few don't bother to read the requirements anyway.

If they can't key in the amount that meets the requirements there is A REASON why they didnt key in a higher number. Right?
Only if it works...
But surely it will get the people to read and kinda act accordingly

Reactions: nayr69sg

DarKW

Oct 15, 2020
yes .... i fully agree .... thee has to be some criteria ..... for the sponsor and the sponsored ..... since the sponsor has to to be financially viable - income of sponsor can be a criteria .... H&C is one way out to applicable cases but criteria for parents facing such circumstances/cases should be included here as well ...... also it is citizens vs PR holders ..... citizens must be preferred ...... those owning residential and commercial property must be preferred as family/parents does help manage such businesses ..... and yes there can be a host of criteria - still if lottery is to be included let it be based on some quota in the pgp say 50% or max 65% by lottery and rest by selection based on criteria ..... also there should be a system to pick up replacements if those in lottery do not meet the criteria and are rejected - let that be a second lottery ..... mere lottery is unfair .... my views - no offence meant
Agree with you and @nayr69sg reply. Nothing against PR holders, we were one too at one time, but they should prefer citizens. At this point my mother thinks that i am not even applying for her as it has taken so long just to get the application in let alone the process to start!! Next year would be last one for me tbh if my app does not get considered this time. Next thing you know the government changes again and they halt parent sponsorship again....

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Hi guys, quick question
Should I include hyphen or just 8 number of (document no.) PR card for submitting Expression of interest
Any views on this please ?

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi guys, quick question
I really dont think it matters.

If the field box allows you to enter all digits with the hyphen then do it. If it does not then omit the hyphen.

Just make sure it has all the digits/numbers.

Reactions: karamjeeet

prcanada

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Refer to my post here

and here

Unfortunately they do not give any consideration, no matter what explanation you put in there

Hello Folks,

Thanks in Advance,

mpirani

Sep 4, 2012
We both siblings are financially in a position to sponsor our parents. Can we both apply separately for our parents?

Will that increase their chances or cancel out both applications? looking for input/s

MP

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
We both siblings are financially in a position to sponsor our parents. Can we both apply for our parents?

Will that increase their chances or cancel out both applications? looking for input/s

MP
Siblings cannot co-sponsor

Only spouses can co-sponsor

So it will have to be one of the siblings who co-sponsors with their spouse. Cannot be both or all siblings. Only one of the children. (Probably pick the highest earning child and their spouse if applicable)

mpirani

Sep 4, 2012
Siblings cannot co-sponsor

Only spouses can co-sponsor

So it will have to be one of the siblings who co-sponsors with their spouse. Cannot be both or all siblings. Only one of the children. (Probably pick the highest earning child and their spouse if applicable)
Apology for incomplete question, I meant Can we both apply separately? Two separate applications ?