+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

aneke

Oct 11, 2020
Hi,

I intend to apply to sponsor my mother (if selected) who is still legally married to my father. However, they have been separated for over 10 year and live in different countries. They do not have any legal document to show that they are separated. Would I still need to include my father as a dependent of my mother even though they are not together and live in different countries for over 10 years? I can provide documents to show where they have been living for the past 10 years.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Any other document do I need to include for application submission?
You only need to submit PR card for now.

Once you are invited then you need to send rest of the documents along with the application forms and fees.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Hi,

I intend to apply to sponsor my mother (if selected) who is still legally married to my father. However, they have been separated for over 10 year and live in different countries. They do not have any legal document to show that they are separated. Would I still need to include my father as a dependent of my mother even though they are not together and live in different countries for over 10 years? I can provide documents to show where they have been living for the past 10 years.

Thanks
I think you can apply without your farther, just mention one parent name for now.
Later you need to show financially that you can support family including your father, but you would continue to say that your father would not accompany your mother.

Others can correct me.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
Yes unfortunately as your parents are legally still married, you will have to apply for both of them.

Reactions: Dainik

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Depending on ur family size, I THINK your wife cant co-sponsor cos she has NO INCOME FOR 2018. Both sponsors need 3 years income (thats a fact). Also; when you are calculating family size, you have to add everyone that you have 'sponsored'

from what CIC website says,... they need 3 years of NOA ***,,, and income would be calculated with COMBINING both... that has happened in the past applications as well... and even if me being co-signor OUR FAMILY becomes 6 and we should be good for 2019 and 2020 income for number of members...

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Thank you taegee07, so below are the documents I've added so far

1. My PR Card( Front & Back )
2. NOA ( 2018 & 2019 )
3. My birth certificate
4. Father Passport pages ( Biometric )
5. Mother Passport pages ( Biometric )
Hello Guys, any other document do I need to attach for submitting the application ( EOI )

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
This obsession with having to be "fair".

Did we as immigrants come to Canada on a lottery system? Like the Green Card Lottery in USA?

I disagree that the lottery system is "fair". What it does is that it trivializes the PGP program. These are parents of existing immigrants living in Canada wanting to be reunited with their families. Leaving it to chance and random selection is a slap in the face of hard working and motivated families who have settled in Canada by merit.

I see no reason why the right to sponsor their parents cannot be distributed using an assessment of merit than a totally random lottery.

If anyone were to go for a job interview and be told that applicants are chosen by a lottery so as to be fair - would you agree?

If people looking to get medical treatment at the hospital were told that candidates who need surgery would be picked using a lottery so as to be fair - would you agree?

If landlords were told that they would have to run lotteries to decide which tenant they can rent to - would you say that is fair?

I can't imagine a world where important resources were distributed using a lottery system. And important decisions were made using the roll of a dice.

Lotteries are games. Lotto 649. Lotto Max. NHL draft lottery. NBA draft lottery.

Is PGP a game? Looks like it is and many agree and want it to be so.
Ha ha ha... here we go again... same old different things, since last year heh...
But I could not agreed with you more, period.
We could only express our wishes, to have something more reliable, more credibility-based method... but none hapen so far
Until then, PGP is a game, like it or not...

Reactions: aneke and nayr69sg

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi,

Thanks
You would still need to include your father into the application and, include him into the total number of people that your income must meet the requirement.
The reason is very simple: he is still in marriage relationship with your mother.
But, he does not have to come to Canada with your mother.

Reactions: aneke

Hongkong2012

Star Member
Jun 30, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
16-03-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
16-03-2015 (SLU Updated 27-08-2015)
Med's Request
16-12-2015
Med's Done....
05-01-2016 Received on 08-01-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2016 submitted 23-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-10-2016
Hello Guys, any other document do I need to attach for submitting the application ( EOI )
Why are you adding all these documents when only PR card is enough?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Ha ha ha... here we go again... same old different things, since last year heh...
But I could not agreed with you more, period.
We could only express our wishes, to have something more reliable, more credibility-based method... but none hapen so far
Until then, PGP is a game, like it or not...
Yes.

I am very thankful that the government listened and tried to change things up with the FCFS. That one year window for 2019 let me successfully sponsor my parents. So now I comment without pressure and personal investment.

I wish you and all those trying the very best of luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
Yes you’d need to include your father because your mother could technically still sponsor your father.

Reactions: aneke

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I assume that restarting the program was a very last minute decision and has more to do with being a minority government and a potential election next year. One of the reasons both this year’s and next year’s numbers were announced. The fact that they gave one week before EOI is very unusual as well as using income from 2018-2020 for what I assume will be 2 years in a row. Assume there are better chances of more changes next year. Think this was so last minute and there wasn’t a lot of extra resources to do extra work so they returned to the lottery which is easy to run. Given the backlogs in spousal sponsorship, study permits and economic immigration it would make more sense to dedicate resources to these programs if no politics weren’t involved. Reuniting spouses and programs that will benefit the economy are considered higher priority especially considering that we are in a recession and the longterm care system is a mess. Cost of living remains the same so lowering minimum income required also doesn’t make a lot of sense especially since LICO amounts are very low to begin with. I of course understand why this is being allowed but given that EI due to job loss wasn’t included in previous years this year you not only get to count all income replacement program but the LICO amount is lowered.

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
This obsession with having to be "fair".

Did we as immigrants come to Canada on a lottery system? Like the Green Card Lottery in USA?

I disagree that the lottery system is "fair". What it does is that it trivializes the PGP program. These are parents of existing immigrants living in Canada wanting to be reunited with their families. Leaving it to chance and random selection is a slap in the face of hard working and motivated families who have settled in Canada by merit.

I see no reason why the right to sponsor their parents cannot be distributed using an assessment of merit than a totally random lottery.

If anyone were to go for a job interview and be told that applicants are chosen by a lottery so as to be fair - would you agree?

If people looking to get medical treatment at the hospital were told that candidates who need surgery would be picked using a lottery so as to be fair - would you agree?

If landlords were told that they would have to run lotteries to decide which tenant they can rent to - would you say that is fair?

I can't imagine a world where important resources were distributed using a lottery system. And important decisions were made using the roll of a dice.

Lotteries are games. Lotto 649. Lotto Max. NHL draft lottery. NBA draft lottery.

Is PGP a game? Looks like it is and many agree and want it to be so.
yes .... i fully agree .... thee has to be some criteria ..... for the sponsor and the sponsored ..... since the sponsor has to to be financially viable - income of sponsor can be a criteria .... H&C is one way out to applicable cases but criteria for parents facing such circumstances/cases should be included here as well ...... also it is citizens vs PR holders ..... citizens must be preferred ...... those owning residential and commercial property must be preferred as family/parents does help manage such businesses ..... and yes there can be a host of criteria - still if lottery is to be included let it be based on some quota in the pgp say 50% or max 65% by lottery and rest by selection based on criteria ..... also there should be a system to pick up replacements if those in lottery do not meet the criteria and are rejected - let that be a second lottery ..... mere lottery is unfair .... my views - no offence meant

Reactions: nayr69sg