PGP 2020

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My Wife (SIGNOR- PR)-- FIRST TIME for PGP-2020 (MOM & DAD):
2018- $0
2019- $85,000
2020- $85,000(expected)

Myself (CO-SIGNOR- CITIZEN)--- SIGNOR FOR PGP-2019 (MY MOM & DAD) & SPOUSAL VISA 2019 (MY WIFE)
2018- $72,000
2019- $85,000
2020- $85,000 (expected)

Experts, do you think we are ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT INTEREST TO SPONSOR FORM?
This is a bit tricky.

Look at the example and try to see if you can use 4 people in 2018 because you only started to sponsor your parents in 2019...

May be go to social media of CIC and ask them.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
This is a bit tricky.

Look at the example and try to see if you can use 4 people in 2018 because you only started to sponsor your parents in 2019...

May be go to social media of CIC and ask them.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Yepp.. with these example(s).. i feel they MIGHT calculate family size based on year of Sponsorship... we are not worried about 2019 & 2020 incomes as both collectively we are good for more than 6 People... its only 2018 which is tricky..... and Logically it doesnt make sense for them to calculate our family size as 6 as neither MYSLEF nor MY WIFE SPONSORED ANYONE... so if they want to take family size as 2 or 4 it should make sense.. lets see.. thanks for your time.. i'll send them a note on social media as well..

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
In my parent's passports, there is no last name , only Given name is mentioned, should I put their names in last name section and click "check mark " that they don't have first name , or is there is any alternative ?

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
In my parent's passports, there is no last name , only Given name is mentioned, should I put their names in last name section and click "check mark " that they don't have first name , or is there is any alternative ?
What is on their Birth certificate? or any other legal document that you will be submitting?

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
What is on their Birth certificate? or any other legal document that you will be submitting?
I can include biometric pages of my parents' passport. My mother has a Super visa, and we are awaiting for my father's Super Visa approval.
In Super Visa forms , I mentioned only in Last name ( Given name as per passport )
Can I include my parent's passports biometric pages?

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
My Wife (SIGNOR- PR)-- FIRST TIME for PGP-2020 (MOM & DAD):
2018- $0
2019- $85,000
2020- $85,000(expected)

Myself (CO-SIGNOR- CITIZEN)--- SIGNOR FOR PGP-2019 (MY MOM & DAD) & SPOUSAL VISA 2019 (MY WIFE)
2018- $72,000
2019- $85,000
2020- $85,000 (expected)

Experts, do you think we are ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT INTEREST TO SPONSOR FORM?
Depending on ur family size, I THINK your wife cant co-sponsor cos she has NO INCOME FOR 2018. Both sponsors need 3 years income (thats a fact). Also; when you are calculating family size, you have to add everyone that you have 'sponsored'

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Anyone who submitted the form twice? I made mistake in the PR card number and want to know if it is a good idea to resubmit it. CIC client support was of no help.
Do not submit twice . you will be automatically weeded out. Just make sure you have you PR card or what ever document u uploaded available when you get invited to submit an application.. you will be referred to secondary screening when they receive ur complete application ; it will just take longer for you to receive a file number before they start processing ur application

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I can include biometric pages of my parents' passport. My mother has a Super visa, and we are awaiting for my father's Super Visa approval.
In Super Visa forms , I mentioned only in Last name ( Given name as per passport )
Can I include my parent's passports biometric pages?
yes include everything. As for the name, Use whatever names u used when you filled out family information documents when you applied for a visa or permit. You might go into secondary screening but you will be fine

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
yes include everything. As for the name, Use whatever names u used when you filled out family information documents when you applied for a visa or permit. You might go into secondary screening but you will be fine
Thank you taegee07, so below are the documents I've added so far

1. My PR Card( Front & Back )
2. NOA ( 2018 & 2019 )
3. My birth certificate
4. Father Passport pages ( Biometric )
5. Mother Passport pages ( Biometric )

Reactions: taegee07

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hello All,

Good morning. I think you can help me with this. I am trying to prepare all the necessary documents for my parents (father and mom) according to the document IMM-5771 (Link: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5771e.pdf )

Here are my questions:
1. Who is the principal applicant? Is this either of my parents? (PDF page-2, section-4, proof of principle applicant relationship with the sponsor)
2. Who is the dependent? is this either of my parents? (PDF page-2, section-5, copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent)

Thanks in advance.
Principal applicant - you choose, mum or dad .. dependent everyone else in ur family size besides the principal applicant

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Thank you taegee07, so below are the documents I've added so far

1. My PR Card( Front & Back )
2. NOA ( 2018 & 2019 )
3. My birth certificate
4. Father Passport pages ( Biometric )
5. Mother Passport pages ( Biometric )
Any other document do I need to include for application submission?

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
Anyone who submitted the form twice? I made mistake in the PR card number and want to know if it is a good idea to resubmit it. CIC client support was of no help.
Its confusing . Two texts with opposing interpretation

Declaration of potential sponsor
I declare that:
  • I am submitting only 1 interest to sponsor form this year to express my interest in sponsoring my parents and/or grandparents

and then this

In 2020, the interest to sponsor form will be open from noon EDT on October 13, 2020 until noon EST on November 3, 2020. We remove duplicates and keep only the last submission

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html