+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Everyone submitting the EOI will have about 6% chance to win the lottery. Please don't get sad and manage your expectations accordingly.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
If not selected in the lottery, do you guys think there will be any priority for the next invitation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If not selected in the lottery, do you guys think there will be any priority for the next invitation?
No. It will be a pure lottery again with no prioritization.

Reactions: Buletruck

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
How does IRCC catches duplication? If I someone use a lawyer to submit the interest to sponsor form, lawyers generally use their own email so as to keep a track if a client is selected and use that law firm only to put in the application.
A law company may use their single email for multiple clients and if IRCC scan emails then all the clients of the law firm would come under duplication.
Any thoughts on this. Thanks

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
How does IRCC catches duplication? If I someone use a lawyer to submit the interest to sponsor form, lawyers generally use their own email so as to keep a track if a client is selected and use that law firm only to put in the application.
A law company may use their single email for multiple clients and if IRCC scan emails then all the clients of the law firm would come under duplication.
you need to upload pr card/passport and numbers of them

Reactions: YVR123

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello all,
Hope you all are safe. I have a question regarding the PGP 2020 application.
I want to apply for my parents and sibling under the PGP. However, my income requirement does not meet for 5 people (Me. My spouse, parents and sibling). I have short income for the year of 2018 with about $2000 short. I want to know that will I be able to apply PGP for only for my mother as I am eligible to sponsor 1 additional person. I also want to mention that I got married in the end of 2018 an my wife joined me in 2019. Will that make any effect on the income requirement for the year 2018. Please guide me in this matter.
Thanks in advance.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
IRCC does not use email to find duplicates. They use first name, last name, sponsor DOB, parents/grandparent DOB because those things you cannot make any change to it once submitted. And if you are selected, you must submit those above information in hard copy to IRCC for verification.
So yes, IRCC will find out dupicates and remove all but last submission

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello all,
Hope you all are safe. I have a question regarding the PGP 2020 application.
I want to apply for my parents and sibling under the PGP. However, my income requirement does not meet for 5 people (Me. My spouse, parents and sibling). I have short income for the year of 2018 with about $2000 short. I want to know that will I be able to apply PGP for only for my mother as I am eligible to sponsor 1 additional person. I also want to mention that I got married in the end of 2018 an my wife joined me in 2019. Will that make any effect on the income requirement for the year 2018. Please guide me in this matter.
Thanks in advance.
Your marriage certificate date would determine the year your own family size increase. So, if the date on your marriage certificate is something in 2018, then your own family size would be 2 in 2018 hence your total family to calculate LICO would still be 5
You cannot just sponsor your mom only. You must count your dad and all your dependent siblings regardless they are coming with your parents or not.
So, it looks like you are not qualified for this year round.
May be next year you will. Good luck

Reactions: YVR123

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Based on the 10,000 no. and the historical trend about how many people tried in the last 4 yrs, the avg expectation for this yr is about 150,000 interest.
Just to add some info:
In 2018, there were around 95,000+ Express of Interest submission
This year, even thought the income requirement for 2020 is kept minimum, do you guys think more people, like you said, 150,000 people would apply? I know a few friends of mine lost the job, went on CERB and were struggling for real this March til now. And more than half a year has gone, just 2.5 month left, do you guys think lots of people are going to get job back at regular pay to meet the LICO?
Just wondering...

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the PGP 2020 application. I am trying to see if I am eligible to submit an intent to sponsor my parents this year.

I was a student in 2018 and don’t have any income in that year (the rest of the income does meet the requirement for 2019 and 2020). But I am getting married in the end of Nov (after the intent submission period is over, but before the application, if my application gets picked) and my fiancé had income in 2018 (which is good enough to meet the required number for 2018). Wondering if she can co-sponsor my application this year or I have to wait till next year.

Thanks