+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I dont have a spouse but I have a sister who's also a Citizen and more Financially stable than me since she works at an Oil and Gas Company,

The only problem is, when she was in her early 20s in the Philippines she was adopted by our grandparents when then try to apply in the US.
She actually didnt leave us, its just so she can go with them in the US lol.

Apparently it didnt push through... so she cant sponsor our Parents now :(
Co-sponsors can only be a spouse.

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14
Note: the minimum income requirements for the 2020 season aren’t final yet. We’ll post them here as soon as we have updated information.
They haven’t posted the 2019 income requirements yet, not sure when 2020 requirements will come out.

Also, the government has indicated that for 2020 LICO is only requirement, and no 30% on top of it.

Hopefully they will consider economic setback, it will be a great relief for all of us if someone won’t win a lottery this time.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hi,

I didn’t meet the income requirement for year 2017. However I am meeting the requirement since 2018 with 5 family members including my parents. And this year 2020 I will be able to meet the requirements with 6 family members due to relaxation in income requirements this year. My question is should I fill interest form on Oct 13 considering IF I get selected and receive invitation to apply I will then have 60 days to submit file and hopefully by then I should have my 2020 NOA. Will IRC consider my income from 2018 to 2020 for this year or should I wait for next year to application open and then apply.

Please advise.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

I didn’t meet the income requirement for year 2017. However I am meeting the requirement since 2018 with 5 family members including my parents. And this year 2020 I will be able to meet the requirements with 6 family members due to relaxation in income requirements this year. My question is should I fill interest form on Oct 13 considering IF I get selected and receive invitation to apply I will then have 60 days to submit file and hopefully by then I should have my 2020 NOA. Will IRC consider my income from 2018 to 2020 for this year or should I wait for next year to application open and then apply.

Please advise.
I think you should just submit the EOI and see if the lottery picks you.

Give it a shot. There are no penalties for taking a lottery spot and not qualifying.

Reactions: alijumani

JagSD11

Jan 11, 2020
No..please provide link where you are checking
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

How much income do I need to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if you have one) must prove you have enough income to support all the people you’ll be financially responsible for once you become a sponsor. This includes yourself.
If you’re invited to apply, you have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 tax years before the date you apply.
We can’t assess whether you meet the income requirements until you apply (if you’re invited).
Note: the minimum income requirements for the 2020 season aren’t final yet. We’ll post them here as soon as we have updated information.

ROBBEN

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Sept 2015
Doc's Request.
sent along with app
AOR Received.
Nov 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 2015
Med's Request
03 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
10th Aug 2016
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Guys,
I have a baby this year and not sure how the family member is to be calculated ..

So will it be counted as 5 members ( myself + my wife + my baby ) + ( my parents) for all 3 taxation year ??
Or my baby is counted for only this year ?

Secondly, If for Income reason I do not meet eligibility, can i then choose to sponsor one parent only ??

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi Guys,
I have a baby this year and not sure how the family member is to be calculated ..

So will it be counted as 5 members ( myself + my wife + my baby ) + ( my parents) for all 3 taxation year ??
Or my baby is counted for only this year ?

Secondly, If for Income reason I do not meet eligibility, can i then choose to sponsor one parent only ??
If I am correct, you only count the family size of 5 for year baby was born and beyond. So for 2018 and 2019 family size is 4.

Both your parents must be included in the family size, whether you are only sponsoring one parent or both. You can't around this rule.

Reactions: ROBBEN and nayr69sg

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
@Binree

You can include any of these:

• Canadian permanent resident card (both sides)
  • record of landing (IMM 1000) (only if you didn’t get a PR Card)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
  • Canadian citizenship certificate or card (both sides)
  • Canadian birth certificate
    • If you were born in Quebec, we’ll only accept a birth certificate from the Directeur de l’État civil.
  • Passport (pages showing passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, given name, surname, place and date of birth)
  • Secure certificate of Indian status
Thank you very very much .

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
From @Binree in the another thread
<Hello expert ,
I want to apply for PGP program for my parent ,but i recently got citizenship and before i sent my passport application i forget to copy my citizenship certificate . Right now i don't have passport ,citizenship certificate and PR card ,in that case what is the best document to upload when i fill interest forms ? Please any one have this situation in past ? Thank you>

You will have three weeks' time this year to send expression of interest. Most probably you don't need these document this year.
Thank you very very much .

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi,

Please advise.
There would be some consideration:
1/ It is good that you acknowledge that you did not meet the requirement for 2017. So your 3-year income requirement must then be 2018-2019-2020
2/ But on the Oct 3, you will know officially how much is 2020 income required. Then, you have 3 weeks to submit the EOI e.g. until Nov 3. Being said that, within this 3 weeks, you MUST be able to guess/know how much your household income for 2020 would then be.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
There would be some consideration:
1/ It is good that you acknowledge that you did not meet the requirement for 2017. So your 3-year income requirement must then be 2018-2019-2020
2/ But on the Oct 3, you will know officially how much is 2020 income required. Then, you have 3 weeks to submit the EOI e.g. until Nov 3. Being said that, within this 3 weeks, you MUST be able to guess/know how much your household income for 2020 would then be.
hi there, thank you so much for taking time and respond. I am pretty sure about my income considering every year increase in percent. I am sure for 6 member it will be around $82,000 including 30% extra for 2020. As it was mentioned into immigration minister’s statement this year due to COVID they are waving 30% on top requirement. I am certain I have already met my threshold for 2020 income requirement. My understanding is $82,000/130*100= $63,077