Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
As long as your available income is more than the MNI, you are fine. I think any unemployed EI benefit (other than special benefits) should be deducted from your total income ( NOA-line 150). The attached CIC form explains in detail. Expert advise please.

Hi Manie

Saw your posts earlier with the table & etc. Where can I find that?

I earned more than enough last year 2019, I think I will be okay for 2020 since I didn't do E.I. but I was short $800 in 2018 LOL.
Will they refuse my application if I decide to apply? or do you guys advise to wait 1 more year?

Thanks in advance
Mark

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
With the lottery, the main hurdle is weeding out applicants who don't qualify in the first place. They should at least have some kind of financial documents to submit with initial application so that IRCC can at least confirm that they qualified in the first place. Otherwise, people who don't qualify may get picked, denying other qualified applicants their potential pick.
Actually thousands of people who DO NOT QUALIFY have been applying with the EOI and have been picked. And thousands of other qualified applicants have not been picked.

This has been going on for several years. Which was one of the reasons why they moved to FCFS. However because lawyers sued the government and they had to do a secret under the table deal, the government has decided to go back to the lottery system with exactly the same problems as before (possibly even more).

I don't blame the government for thinking this way given what happened.

So too bad so sad for those who couldn't get in during that one and only FCFS in 2019.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Manie

I earned more than enough last year 2019, I think I will be okay for 2020 since I didn't do E.I. but I was short $800 in 2018 LOL.
Will they refuse my application if I decide to apply? or do you guys advise to wait 1 more year?

Thanks in advance
Mark
We are still waiting for the tables to be posted. You must meet the income in each year or the application will be refused.

Reactions: nayr69sg

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi Manie

Thanks in advance
Mark
You can find it from here (link below). but they have not updated for 2019 & 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi Manie

Thanks in advance
Mark
Your application will be refused if you do not meet any of the annual minimum income, whether it is short by $10,000, $800 or $1.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Manie

Thanks in advance
Mark
If you are short in 2018, then you do not qualify to apply. They look at every single dollar. Do you have a spouse as co-signer? Other than that, I don't see another option then to wait another year.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Actually thousands of people who DO NOT QUALIFY have been applying with the EOI and have been picked. And thousands of other qualified applicants have not been picked.

This has been going on for several years. Which was one of the reasons why they moved to FCFS. However because lawyers sued the government and they had to do a secret under the table deal, the government has decided to go back to the lottery system with exactly the same problems as before (possibly even more).

I don't blame the government for thinking this way given what happened.

So too bad so sad for those who couldn't get in during that one and only FCFS in 2019.
It is unfortunate BUT the government is giving everyone 3 weeks to submit their EOI application thus that is plenty of time to gather your financial papers. Thus there should be kind of mechanism in place in the EOI process to check or validate the income requirements. Perhaps allowing IRCC access to CRA accounts to confirm their income before putting in selection pool as an example.

Last edited:

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Manie

Thanks in advance
Mark
your application will refuse because of year 2018 short income.

For the 2020 process, CIC know that you may not get your 2020 Notice of Assessment (NOA) until after you apply. So, for the 2020 process, CIC accept your application if you submit your NOAs for the 2018 and 2019 tax years, and submit your 2020 NOA as soon as it’s available.

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
If you are short in 2018, then you do not qualify to apply. They look at every single dollar. Do you have a spouse as co-signer? Other than that, I don't see another option then to wait another year.

I dont have a spouse but I have a sister who's also a Citizen and more Financially stable than me since she works at an Oil and Gas Company,

The only problem is, when she was in her early 20s in the Philippines she was adopted by our grandparents when then try to apply in the US.
She actually didnt leave us, its just so she can go with them in the US lol.

Apparently it didnt push through... so she cant sponsor our Parents now :(

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
It is unfortunate BUT the government is giving everyone 3 weeks to submit their EOI application thus that is plenty of time to gather your financial papers. Thus there should be kind of mechanism in place in the EOI process to check or validate the income requirements. Perhaps allowing IRCC access to CRA accounts to confirm their income before putting in selection pool as an example.
I agree that there should be some kind of check and verification at the EOI stage.

But we have discussed this ad nauseam and the consensus seemed to be

1. Cannot violate privacy issues
2. Cannot penalize eg fines as it would cost more money to go after offenders
3. any kind of excuse thinkable to have the system as free and easy and accessible to anyone and everyone

So after so many years we are back to square one - the LOTTERY!

Yay! Anyone can enter you know even if it is just for fun.

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
I agree that there should be some kind of check and verification at the EOI stage.

3. any kind of excuse thinkable to have the system as free and easy and accessible to anyone and everyone

No. Anyone cannot enter. Only PR and Citizen can enter into Lottery. Now they are asking us to upload the Canada status document.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

1. Not sure how this violates privacy. You are giving them permission to verify your statements. Don't want your privacy violated, don't apply. It's amazing that these people are so worried about their privacy that they rather protect it than to bring their parents over for PR.

2. Not sure how giving fines has anything to do with applying for PGP.

3. That's the problem with today's society. Everyone gets offended too easily to the point that everything must be free to satisfy everyone.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
No. Anyone cannot enter. Only PR and Citizen can enter into Lottery. Now they are asking us to upload the Canada status document.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html
Yeah they added that only in 2018. But before 2018 it was anyone with an email address. I was there trying to get picked by the lottery in 2016 and 2017!

So you can imagine how crappy the whole thing was thought out.

Well even with the PR and Citizen, that's "everyone" still isn't it? I mean if you even considered FOREIGNERS as being part of "everyone" when I said "everyone" who would have thought of that? LOL!

Oh well.

Uploading the Canada status document doesn't do much besides maybe screen out people below the age of 18?

I wonder whether someone who uploads a copy of an expired Canadian Passport still passes to be entered for the lottery draw?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
hello fellow forum members! It seems that it has now been established based on my review of all the information that I can use 2018,2019 and 2020 for THIS years PGP given i win the lottery. My question is how do i ensure they use my (2018,2019,2020) income if i just tick the box saying they can have access to my CRA account? my 2017 income wasn't enough

They said i can submit 2020 NOA later but in the meantime wont they just consider 2017 2018,2019?

Is it better to submit manual copies of 2018 and 2019 and then submit 2020 once its available?