+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Didn’t mention LICO. Higher requirements threshold can be filtering with years of income tax payment, citizenship and all that was already mentioned.
Just wanted to clarify what you meant. Have been saying for years that I believe that years in Canada or years working in Canada should factor into who gets selected for PGP. This year many selected had only spent 3-4 years in Canada but are high skilled applicants that may have backgrounds in IT. They understood that they needed to create a set-up that allowed them to input the information so CIC got their EOI as fast as possible. Some didn’t anticipate that speed of typing and speed of transmission of the EOI would decide who got a spot.

Reactions: Kelon

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Even private enterprises won’t be able to find a system that everyone is happy with. Fundamentally people will continue to complain unless every parent and grandparent who qualifies to be accepted as fast as possible. When it comes to prioritizing where the government spends their money the PGP program is very low on the list so they won’t be hiring an outside organization to create a very complex PGP program.
I dont think you understood what I was suggesting.

Here's what I was thinking.

1) Start ABC corp.

2) Second staff from IRCC to ABC Corp. The same people who will be working on PGP anyway.

3) cost wise is the same.

4) legal structure is that if anyone Sue's ABC corp for their plans the liability is limited to ABC Corp's assets.

Just a restructuring to protect from lawsuits and limit risks.

It is not as simple of course but that's the idea. Right now it is the whole big government as a target.

In some countries they do create other entities to "outsource" services to get efficiencies as well.

I suppose this is foreign to you.

Reactions: Niharika_11

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes agreed

Once the parents are granted something called PR it will be open to complaints and lawsuits if they dont receive the same benefits as other PRs. It wont work.

Which is also why you should stop complaining about how these parents drain the healthcare and what not without saying that you are outright against PGP and want it canceled altogether.

You do wish that PGP could be canceled and done away with. Correct?
You were the one who suggested a special PGP insurance plan. Pointing out that it won’t work.

“Yes I believe that if they take the health care coverage out then the demand will drop considerably.

Basically have super visa health care insurance requirements a part of the PR granting process.

Maybe only after 10 years then the health care cover kicks in.”

You also recognize that healthcare coverage is a factor for most PGP applicants. If parents and grandparents were required to pay for their healthcare expenses or pay a significant yearly sum like 10k/year many would consider remaining in their home countries. Even 10k/year is likely less than their actual healthcare expenses except for a the lucky few who remain very healthy and have a quick and sudden death. Not hiding my belief that 27k applicants per year so 40-50k seniors is too many seniors for Canada to absorb considering that the Canadian healthcare system is far from meeting the current demands and as the costs of delivering healthcare increases. I think that amount of PGP applications per year needs to be lowered and the amount of applications needs to be made in consultation with the provinces who actually deliver all services from healthcare to social services. There is a disconnect between the federal policy makers and what happens in the provinces. Not just for PGP but for various policies. Immigration also needs to make sure that people who don’t get selected don’t use the H&C system to apply for their parents and create huge back logs in the already overburdened H&C system. There are some valid H&C cases but after the draw many people file H&C because they didn’t get selected and not because they have a valid H&C case based on previous rulings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I dont think you understood what I was suggesting.

Here's what I was thinking.

1) Start ABC corp.

2) Second staff from IRCC to ABC Corp. The same people who will be working on PGP anyway.

3) cost wise is the same.

4) legal structure is that if anyone Sue's ABC corp for their plans the liability is limited to ABC Corp's assets.

Just a restructuring to protect from lawsuits and limit risks.

It is not as simple of course but that's the idea. Right now it is the whole big government as a target.

In some countries they do create other entities to "outsource" services to get efficiencies as well.

I suppose this is foreign to you.
By outsourcing how are you reducing the liability? The policies are still created by the government so if the paperwork is done by a 3rd party and not in house the government can still get sued. This isn’t a business where you are separate projects in case one gets sued.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You were the one who suggested a special PGP insurance plan. Pointing out that it won’t work.

“Yes I believe that if they take the health care coverage out then the demand will drop considerably.

Basically have super visa health care insurance requirements a part of the PR granting process.

Maybe only after 10 years then the health care cover kicks in.”

You also recognize that healthcare coverage is a factor for most PGP applicants. If parents and grandparents were required to pay for their healthcare expenses or pay a significant yearly sum like 10k/year many would consider remaining in their home countries. Even 10k/year is likely less than their actual healthcare expenses except for a the lucky few who remain very healthy and have a quick and sudden death. Not hiding my belief that 27k applicants per year so 40-50k seniors is too many seniors for Canada to absorb considering that the Canadian healthcare system is far from meeting the current demands and as the costs of delivering healthcare increases. I think that amount of PGP applications per year needs to be lowered and the amount of applications needs to be made in consultation with the provinces who actually deliver all services from healthcare to social services. There is a disconnect between the federal policy makers and what happens in the provinces. Not just for PGP but for various policies. Immigration also needs to make sure that people who don’t get selected don’t use the H&C system to apply for their parents and create huge back logs in the already overburdened H&C system. There are some valid H&C cases but after the draw many people file H&C because they didn’t get selected and not because they have a valid H&C case based on previous rulings.
Yea another long post from you.

Uhmm can you just answer my question?

Do you want to see PGP canceled totally? You do right?

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
Just wanted to clarify what you meant. Have been saying for years that I believe that years in Canada or years working in Canada should factor into who gets selected for PGP. This year many selected had only spent 3-4 years in Canada but are high skilled applicants that may have backgrounds in IT. They understood that they needed to create a set-up that allowed them to input the information so CIC got their EOI as fast as possible. Some didn’t anticipate that speed of typing and speed of transmission of the EOI would decide who got a spot.
Hopefully IRCC gets it right this time. Time in Canada and time worked in Canada is the way to go. If they make it 10 years requirement, I’m sure that 100,000 people will be less than half.

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
Yea another long post from you.

Uhmm can you just answer my question?

Do you want to see PGP canceled totally? You do right?
I don’t think he wants to see it cancelled totally. We are all inputting our opinions as to the strategies IRCC might use to fix this broken system. It’s not working obviously.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I don’t think he wants to see it cancelled totally. We are all inputting our opinions as to the strategies IRCC might use to fix this broken system. It’s not working obviously.
She is a lady.

Let her answer the question.

If you have followed her posts enough you will know why I am asking her this question.

You will also find that she will not answer it. And she has never ever said she does not want to see it canceled either.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you actually read my post. I answered already
She is a lady.

Let her answer the question.

If you have followed her posts enough you will know why I am asking her this question.

You will also find that she will not answer it. And she has never ever said she does not want to see it canceled either.
Had you actually read my previous post you would have discovered that I have already answered your question.

“Not hiding my belief that 27k applicants per year so 40-50k seniors is too many seniors for Canada to absorb considering that the Canadian healthcare system is far from meeting the current demands and as the costs of delivering healthcare increases. I think that amount of PGP applications per year needs to be lowered and the amount of applications needs to be made in consultation with the provinces who actually deliver all services from healthcare to social services. There is a disconnect between the federal policy makers and what happens in the provinces. Not just for PGP but for various policies.”

Would add that the comments on the G&M article echo my concerns and G&M is not known as a conservative newspaper. Find in shocking that if you actually work in healthcare in Canada you don’t agree that our health system is already at capacity and not meeting the needs of the current population. Even in Alberta where the population is younger it is still the case.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Did you actually read my post. I answered already

Had you actually read my previous post you would have discovered that I have already answered your question.

“Not hiding my belief that 27k applicants per year so 40-50k seniors is too many seniors for Canada to absorb considering that the Canadian healthcare system is far from meeting the current demands and as the costs of delivering healthcare increases. I think that amount of PGP applications per year needs to be lowered and the amount of applications needs to be made in consultation with the provinces who actually deliver all services from healthcare to social services. There is a disconnect between the federal policy makers and what happens in the provinces. Not just for PGP but for various policies.”

Would add that the comments on the G&M article echo my concerns and G&M is not known as a conservative newspaper. Find in shocking that if you actually work in healthcare in Canada you don’t agree that our health system is already at capacity and not meeting the needs of the current population. Even in Alberta where the population is younger it is still the case.
So wont it be better if they just canceled PGP outright? You're not answering because you are afraid to say it.

I have mentioned before that Canada can afford to expand healthcare services. Canada can improve economically if we wanted to. There is more that we can do to improve industries.

It is all this obsession to want to look good, come across politically correct, SJW.

Image. Face.

So I am not worried for the long term because if things really do get bad economically or financially Canada has a lot it can do to raise money. Resource rich. Canadians are just having it good so they want to keep resources in the ground single nation wise try to save planet earth etc.

When push comes to shove things will change. Beggars cannot be choosers. Of course Canada is no beggar. No where near.

You probably wont understand what I mean because all your life you have lived in a rich country like Canada. Heard of the term first world problems?

Canada wants to look good. Which is also why they maintain the PGP. It is a luxury. That's my opinion. Fits in with the whole theme of Canada being cool being open to immigrants and refugees and is full of kindness and compassion and is charitable. Beggars and poor nations do not behave like this.

Economically it would be better for the PGP to be canceled of course. It will also help reduce the burden on the healthcare system.

But as someone who has parents that I am sponsoring I will say I am grateful and thankful that PGP exists. And I also hope it continues so other immigrants can have the joy of sponsoring their parents too. What I have enjoyed I wish for others too. Plus I do think Canada can afford it if it makes sacrifices on some issues.

What about you @canuck78 ? You are not an immigrant. Your parents are born here. What is your interest and objective in coming here to this forum?

Last edited:
Reactions: parvisingh