+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you , i will have to apply for my in laws later then. Whats the wait period to sponsor my in laws after we apply for my parents, because my wife and I are sponsoring them together.
There is no "wait" period to sponsor you or your in-law Parents/Grandparents. The most important factor in this scenario is wheather your "total household income" for the past 3 years would meet (or exceed) the required income?
And what I meant by "total household income" is that, you will take your income on line 150 of NOA, add that of your spouse, you will get the "total household income"
Hope this help

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi all,
This may be a silly question but just for knowledge.

If my family income is little bit short in 2018 but for 2019 and 2020 it is exceeded.

Does IRCC consider my application if total income of all three years is higher than the total amount of minimum income requirement?

Thanks

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
Hi all,

If my family income is little bit short in 2018 but for 2019 and 2020 it is exceeded.

Does IRCC consider my application if total income of all three years is higher than the total amount of minimum income requirement?

Thanks
Unfortunately you must meet the LICO for each of the individual years (2018, 2019, 2020).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Thanks
Then you would need to qualify for 2022. Hopefully your income in 2021 will exceed or equal to the required income.

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have an inquiry regarding what is asked for on the EOI form. I applied last year for my parents (2) which is in progress, and this year wish to apply for my grandmother. I am a single individual here in Canada. I have gotten DM1 already on the 2019 app, however DM2 is pending. Will I answer the following like this?

• the number of people in your immediate family (you, your spouse or partner and dependent children) - 1
  • the total number of people you already sponsored and are still financially responsible for - 2
  • the total number of people you want to sponsor, including their dependants (spouse or partner, and children) - 4

Thanks for all your insights.
Any insight from any of the members on here?

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
You and your parents are probably not dependents of your grandmother.

Btw, why didn't you include your grandma in 2019?
I didn't qualify for 4 people as family for 2016, 2017 and 2018. 2016 was the problem year for me.

My question is, with an existing app from last year in process, do I count my parents as sponsored already while submitting an EOI for my grandma? I think I see where I confused you, so let me correct my EOI answers. Is this how I should answer?

• the number of people in your immediate family (you, your spouse or partner and dependent children) - 1
  • the total number of people you already sponsored and are still financially responsible for - 2
  • the total number of people you want to sponsor, including their dependants (spouse or partner, and children) - 1

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't qualify for 4 people as family for 2016, 2017 and 2018. 2016 was the problem year for me.

My question is, with an existing app from last year in process, do I count my parents as sponsored already while submitting an EOI for my grandma? I think I see where I confused you, so let me correct my EOI answers. Is this how I should answer?

• the total number of people you want to sponsor, including their dependants (spouse or partner, and children) - 1
You have to count your family of 4. How about grandfather?

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Then you would need to qualify for 2022. Hopefully your income in 2021 will exceed or equal to the required income.
Thanks for reply.

That means the rule is threshold income for each year.

But overall final balance in bank will help to support family and parents.

gingerboo

Mar 21, 2019
Hello, all

I am planning to apply for PGP-2020 (If I'm invited), Unfortunately my father's birth certificate is missing. What explanation supportive documentation I should provide?
will supportive documentation be suffice?

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Quick questions, I plan to apply for interest next week; however My wife is pregnant and due in January.

What income should I be looking on the table if i am sponsoring my 2 parents?

Would it be 2018 2019 4 people and 2020 5 people?

Please advice.

Thanks
By the time you actually apply your child will be born so you might as well include the baby in your EOI.