+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
So here's the million dollar question. Can i use 2018,2019, and 2020 income for THIS years draw? I didn't have enough income in 2017.

On that same note, IF i put my name in the lottery hoping for the best as above individual has mentioned are there any negative consequences or repercussions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So here's the million dollar question. Can i use 2018,2019, and 2020 income for THIS years draw? I didn't have enough income in 2017.

On that same note, IF i put my name in the lottery hoping for the best as above individual has mentioned are there any negative consequences or repercussions?
There is insufficient information at this point to answer any of these questions. You'll need to wait until IRCC releases further details.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
please do not put your name if you do not meet the income requirement based on last years data! They are gonno increase the income requirement by $500 or $1000 ..so be mindful of that...let's care about each other.. for example if the requirement of last year is $40K and your income was $35K of course you are not eligible and you are only wasting a spot!
my income for 2019, 2018, and 2020 is well above the threshold required. Would it make sense to put my name in the lottery for this year in the hopes that 2020 will be accounted for by the time the application is ready to be sent. Mind you the question is for 2020 PGP

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
please do not put your name if you do not meet the income requirement based on last years data! They are gonno increase the income requirement by $500 or $1000 ..so be mindful of that...let's care about each other.. for example if the requirement of last year is $40K and your income was $35K of course you are not eligible and you are only wasting a spot!
This appeal has been going on for years now. The vast majority don't even come to this forum at all.

And we know thousands get picked in the draw and do not meet requirements. Some have only just landed in Canada and put their hat into the draw and got picked!

But that's the lottery system for you. If you ask me it is abused far more than the FCFS! But that's what the people prefer.

So go figure!

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
This appeal has been going on for years now. The vast majority don't even come to this forum at all.

And we know thousands get picked in the draw and do not meet requirements. Some have only just landed in Canada and put their hat into the draw and got picked!

But that's the lottery system for you. If you ask me it is abused far more than the FCFS! But that's what the people prefer.

So go figure!
Actually, if one reads line-by-line the rules and regulation of the lotto system, one must understand that if he/she does not meet the required income, their application will be rejected.
If there is a way that IRCC can verify the sponsors' income during the submission of interest, that would be cool heh? This way it would eliminate the unnecessary processing of the false submission
And, I was just thinking, why don't IRCC uses both methods: Do the FCFS first, and later in the year, do the Lotto for anyone couldn't get in FCFS so everyone will have a close-to-fair "chance", yeah?

Reactions: Viх and nayr69sg

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again, I have another question. If you were sponsored less than 5 years ago under spousal sponsorship, does this affect your eligibility to be a sponsor yourself?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi again, I have another question. If you were sponsored less than 5 years ago under spousal sponsorship, does this affect your eligibility to be a sponsor yourself?
No impact. Yes, you can sponsor.

Reactions: caribgrl55

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Actually, if one reads line-by-line the rules and regulation of the lotto system, one must understand that if he/she does not meet the required income, their application will be rejected.
If there is a way that IRCC can verify the sponsors' income during the submission of interest, that would be cool heh? This way it would eliminate the unnecessary processing of the false submission
And, I was just thinking, why don't IRCC uses both methods: Do the FCFS first, and later in the year, do the Lotto for anyone couldn't get in FCFS so everyone will have a close-to-fair "chance", yeah?
Too much work involved I think. And it would make people very upset and have more legal suits.

Actually even with the FCFS there were cases that people managed to key in everything and got a receipt number but still did not qualify in the end!

Lottery that is poorly planned and openly accessible to as many people as can be possible and then pick from there and knowing that instead of the promised 10,000 spots there would be only maybe 7000 eligible would also please the detractors that the numbers of immigrants on this program has come down over the years.

Brilliant!

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Too much work involved I think. And it would make people very upset and have more legal suits.

Actually even with the FCFS there were cases that people managed to key in everything and got a receipt number but still did not qualify in the end!

Lottery that is poorly planned and openly accessible to as many people as can be possible and then pick from there and knowing that instead of the promised 10,000 spots there would be only maybe 7000 eligible would also please the detractors that the numbers of immigrants on this program has come down over the years.

Brilliant!
Same thing going to happen. 10,000 target and they will get approx 6000 completed applications received. Eventually, leading to another draw or something. Combinedly, they are targeting 40,000 applications for 2020 and 2021.

I don't know why can't they just simplify things instead of making them work again and again.

The best option would be to release a program in 2021, with a target of 40,000 - 50,000 applications on a First Come, First Server basis, which will give everyone enough time to submit an 8 question form.

To make sure only eligible candidates should apply they could have added 3 blanks to fill the NOA line 150 number. If every information matches they keep the application for further processing, otherwise return back as it is.

Wish me luck, one day I'll be an Immigration minister. LOL. just kidding.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
To make sure only eligible candidates should apply they could have added 3 blanks to fill the NOA line 150 number. If every information matches they keep the application for further processing, otherwise return back as it is.

Wish me luck, one day I'll be an Immigration minister. LOL. just kidding.
I think asking people to fill in NOA line 150 will help to make them realize that they do not meeting the income requirement and stop to enter their interest to sponsor form. Well, let's see what happen this year. We were the "lucky" one that got pick in round 2 of 2018 PGP. So yeah, lots that got picked didn't apply and they drew again later in the year.

Reactions: Paul09 and nayr69sg

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
just out of curiosity how long did it take IRCC last year to send an invitation to apply after they selected successful applicants from the interest to sponsor form?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I think asking people to fill in NOA line 150 will help to make them realize that they do not meeting the income requirement and stop to enter their interest to sponsor form. Well, let's see what happen this year. We were the "lucky" one that got pick in round 2 of 2018 PGP. So yeah, lots that got picked didn't apply and they drew again later in the year.
I agree.

Hey it's a lottery. There is no time pressure right? You can take your time to fill in that form for what several weeks?

So make it complicated. Have people fill out as much information as required in the REAL application.

What harm is there?

"Oh it is too difficult to fill in?" Then don't cos you are going to have to eventually if you do want to apply.

Like you said, if people are unable to fill out NOA line 150 x 3 then they probably have no real serious intent to apply for the program anyway.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
just out of curiosity how long did it take IRCC last year to send an invitation to apply after they selected successful applicants from the interest to sponsor form?
We submitted the EOI (expression of interest) 28 Jan 2019.

We got the ITA (invitation to apply) 24 April 2019.