+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Even if you write to the Minister, he is not gonna even read it. They cant even ask for suggestions because they have hired people for that. What IRCC needs to do is atleast come to the forums like these and have an idea what Citizens are thinking and if they like the suggestions, implement them. PRs should not be allowed to sponsor, period. Because they dont have 100% loyality towards Canada. PRs have to pick one country in which they want to live. They must get the Canadian Citizenship and renounce their back home citizenship if they are so desperate to bring their parents to Canada.
Hi Dainik. Sorry but there are certain things that the Minister can do by issuing the Ministerial Instructions, manuals etc. There are regulations that are there in place and then the IRPA itself. The thing that you are asking to do may not be so easy to undergo. Consider this from IRPA:-

"Sponsorship of Foreign Nationals
Marginal note:Sponsorship of foreign nationals

• 13 (1) A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or a group of Canadian citizens or permanent residents, a corporation incorporated under a law of Canada or of a province or an unincorporated organization or association under federal or provincial law — or any combination of them — may sponsor a foreign national, subject to the regulation."
An act can only be changed through Parliament. Therefore it is well beyond the Minister's capacity. Now regarding the loyalty for Canada, some people may not be able to get citizenship for various reasons, like they can't pass the english exam etc. Do you think it will be fair to bar someone just because he is not a citizen? Will citizenship guarantee loyalty towards Canada? There are a number of Canadians that work in US. One may argue they are not loyal to Canada too.

Oh and I gather you are a citizen. Right. :)

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Even if you write to the Minister, he is not gonna even read it. They cant even ask for suggestions because they have hired people for that. What IRCC needs to do is atleast come to the forums like these and have an idea what Citizens are thinking and if they like the suggestions, implement them. PRs should not be allowed to sponsor, period. Because they dont have 100% loyality towards Canada. PRs have to pick one country in which they want to live. They must get the Canadian Citizenship and renounce their back home citizenship if they are so desperate to bring their parents to Canada.
A citizen
  1. Has no obligation to give up other citizenship unless demanded by the other country
  2. As a citizen, I have even less obligation to remain in Canada. PRs have to meet residency obligations, citizens don’t.

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
So just to clarify further, just like how the express entry CRS score changes every round, IRCC should each year look at the expressions of interest submitted after a reasonable time, and see which ones are the most worthy each time according to the two conditions of how may times have they expressed interest before (as a qualified candidate) and how long they have been in Canada.

Furthermore a year limit should also be put, for example if someone has been expressing interest for 3 years in a row, the fourth year they are guaranteed a spot.

This way the govt can continue to be fair and adjust to the type of people that submit their interest every year. No need to lift caps and everybody is happy and knows about their chances so no sueing either.
Hi everyone, I've seen there are many suggestions of how can govt improve this program that's so cool.

MY suggestion would be, better score the parents who would like to come. In a table basis of how useful they can be to Canada, if they come.
From MY perspective a parent who knows a little bit of English, and still does some work in their country are more valued to the country than someone who only comes to use the healthcare and has no intentions of getting involve in the society.

Obviously there would be more points to consider, but a score parent system would be what this programs needs. that would decrease the 100,000 applications.

Reactions: Kelon

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
Hi everyone, I've seen there are many suggestions of how can govt improve this program that's so cool.

MY suggestion would be, better score the parents who would like to come. In a table basis of how useful they can be to Canada, if they come.
From MY perspective a parent who knows a little bit of English, and still does some work in their country are more valued to the country than someone who only comes to use the healthcare and has no intentions of getting involve in the society.

Obviously there would be more points to consider, but a score parent system would be what this programs needs. that would decrease the 100,000 applications.
Fair deal.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Looks like quite a few of you are new to the forum.

@Kelon

@PGP2020_Aspirant

@shad86

I'll say that you will be shocked to hear what people who apply to the PGP program will say.

Anyway when the program does come up running again just see the questions and comments from applicants. Some of the stuff is really vomit blood inducing quality.

You would think criteria like how long you have been applying how long you have been in canada etc should be fair. But really some disagree very strongly.

Few applicants bother with ideas on how to improve the program. They are more concerned with how do I get my parents to Canada yesterday.

Reactions: Dainik

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Looks like quite a few of you are new to the forum.

@Kelon

@PGP2020_Aspirant

@shad86

I'll say that you will be shocked to hear what people who apply to the PGP program will say.

Anyway when the program does come up running again just see the questions and comments from applicants. Some of the stuff is really vomit blood inducing quality.

You would think criteria like how long you have been applying how long you have been in canada etc should be fair. But really some disagree very strongly.

Few applicants bother with ideas on how to improve the program. They are more concerned with how do I get my parents to Canada yesterday.
Human tendency. People like their own families in Canada and once they are here they say no more should come. I simply hate this mentality.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
People are giving suggestions based on what works for their family. Some suggesting 10 years income, other citizens only and few based on PGP English skills.

I hope I can make rules at my home like others to get my family in first. I would like to put forward my suggestion which is parents having one child and who is Single in Canada should be on top of the sponsorship list. :D:D

Last edited:

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
People are giving suggestions based on what works for their family. Some suggesting 10 years income, other citizens only and few based on PGP English skills.

I hope I can make rules at my home like others to get my family in first. I would like to put forward my suggestion which is parents having one child and who is Single in Canada should be on top of the sponsorship list. :D:D
Hahaha.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

Lol!

Exactly my point.

Frankly there isnt much "wrong" with the current FIFO criteria except with the closing EOI submissions after X number have been received.

Should be closed after Y duration of time (they did this with lottery so they CAN do it) not X number of applications.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Lol!

Exactly my point.

Frankly there isnt much "wrong" with the current FIFO criteria except with the closing EOI submissions after X number have been received.

Should be closed after Y duration of time (they did this with lottery so they CAN do it) not X number of applications.
What do you think about VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM? Quebec MON project had that in 2016.
The virtual waiting room will allow candidates to keep their place in line during high traffic periods. Candidates who wish to access Mon projet Québec will automatically be directed to this waiting room and will be able to find out their position in the line and the number of people in front of them. The virtual waiting room may be seen as an online version of how a real waiting room might function at a medical centre or other service-oriented environment.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET IS NOT REQUIRED FOR VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canadavisa.com/news/quebec-to-introduce-virtual-waiting-room-for-approaching-qswp-intake-period.html/amp

Last edited:

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Virtual waiting room process gave every one in line equal time.

The process asked to submit application. The steps for MON project were:

To submit an application on June 13, 2016, starting at 8:30 a.m. (Montréal time), candidates who already have a Mon projet Québec account must:

1. Access the virtual waiting room by clicking the tab 'Se connecter'.
    - It will not be possible to get in line before 8:30 a.m.
    - The candidate’s position in the waiting line will be displayed on the screen.
    - The number of people waiting in front of the candidate will also be displayed.
  2. Connect to their account when their turn comes. An audible signal will inform them and a message will appear on the screen, at which point they will be automatically redirected to the page allowing them to connect.
  3. Submit their application. During the submission period, candidates will have a maximum of 10 minutes to submit their application

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
What do you think about VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM? Quebec MON project had that in 2016.
The virtual waiting room will allow candidates to keep their place in line during high traffic periods. Candidates who wish to access Mon projet Québec will automatically be directed to this waiting room and will be able to find out their position in the line and the number of people in front of them. The virtual waiting room may be seen as an online version of how a real waiting room might function at a medical centre or other service-oriented environment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canadavisa.com/news/quebec-to-introduce-virtual-waiting-room-for-approaching-qswp-intake-period.html/amp
Sounds like something people who are lazy to queue up will come up with.

I dont think this will help PGP at all.

The whole trick to PGP is to give all aspirants hope!

Lottery of course is one way and many are in favor of it. To go further FIFO works even better.

IRCC is smart to "reset" the "queue" every year with the EOI submissions.

If you just say ok I will open EOI applications now. Ok all 100k aspirants queue up. So you go check and you are 89,103 in queue. You will definitely be NOT HAPPY. And want to try ways to get further up the queue. It is human nature.

Whereas if you are told sorry this year you didnt make it. Try again next year. You will have more hope and tell yourself ok next year things will be different and I will get it.

You have to sell hope as a strategy to keep people eager and think there is a chance always.

There is another system that plays on this. It is called capitalism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dainik and jadeja

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Citizens have 100% loyality towards Canada? Many multiple nationality Canadians pick other countries in which they want to live.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Okay my friend, thanks for replying. Going to sleep now and will come back with something new. Will try to think of something new while cooking or taking shower. As soon as I get something working for me, I will get back to you.
Good night!

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Okay my friend, thanks for replying. Going to sleep now and will come back with something new. Will try to think of something new while cooking or taking shower. As soon as I get something working for me, I will get back to you.
Good night!
One approach could be to make the PGP application process very challenging.

Interviews. Subjective assessments. Home visits. Written essays as to why you should get a spot. Basically make it really hard.

This will weed out those trivial lazy ones. And only the truly most committed ones will strive and compete for it.

Right now it is too easy. And yet people complain. That's crazy.

Reactions: Dainik