+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
As mentioned by a few people here, it is really not necessary if you already ticked for them to have access to it, it is very likely that just like you can get access to CRA's data with one click for the preparation of your tax return, once you give them permission, they get the same access. But if you worry that it may not be the case and that they may have to request your information and that it could delay your application, you can submit the documents once you get your AOR (you'll be able to link it to an account and submit additional documents electronically) or if you are even more impatient, submit it through the IRCC Webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Again, unnecessary, but whatever helps you sleep better at night! (NECESSARY if you DID NOT give permission to access your CRA information)
Thank you so much buddy @Naheulbeuck. Appreciate your inputs.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
hi there PGP 2020 applicants,

just a quick question, my Dad is the Principal and is here already in Canada as visitor and my Mom (dependent spouse) is in the home country. What will be the local visa processing office? Will it be here in Canada or in the home country?

Thanks for the input.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
hi there PGP 2020 applicants,

just a quick question, my Dad is the Principal and is here already in Canada as visitor and my Mom (dependent spouse) is in the home country. What will be the local visa processing office? Will it be here in Canada or in the home country?

Thanks for the input.
IRCC will decide which local VO your parents file will process after your sponsorship approve based on workload / Relative home address / Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Your Local VO name will mention on SA letter. Sample letter >> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EoVdOy0ctVUcT_VWgsiJNCEdhT85qZsu

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My brother-in-law had submitted only front and last page of passport and never got additional page request....and this was in 2019 so we cant say they definitely will ask for or will not.....I have two more relatives of mine whose parents joined them in 2018 and 2019, I will share what they submitted too......
try to submit all page( include Blank) to avoid additional passport copy submission request. Yes CIC will ask to submit all page .

check here Read Guide 5772 link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.

Reactions: nayr69sg

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Received an email from CIC that :
IMM 5669 (for Principal Applicant): The Schedule A (IMM 5669) is missing a handwritten signature. Although the current form states that an electronic signature is acceptable, due to legislation changes as of May 22nd, 2018, a handwritten signature is required for this form. Please provide a newly completed Schedule A (IMM 5669) and ensure that you sign the form by hand once printed.

Note: For question 6 in the Schedule A, if you have not worked in the past 10 years (e.g. you’re retired), you must provide details of your personal history since the age of 18.

I have 2 options, send updated form by mail or e-mail which I will email the scanned form.
...so does it mean you will send scanned copy of handwritten signature to them through email ?

Reactions: Master3

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
...so does it mean you will send scanned copy of handwritten signature to them through email ?
Also it may seem weird, a scanned handwritten signature can be approved whereas an electronic signature won't. They may however ask for the original signature later in the process so keep those handy.

Reactions: YVR123

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
HI Friends,

my parents are currently on super visa and their 2 year stay is getting expired in July. I have applied for parents PR and still awaiting ARO. I dnt want to travel back home as planned due COVID.

Do I need to apply for super visa extension or

they shall be consider as Implied status for their PR application

pls advise, thanks in advance

kparents

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
HI Friends,

my parents are currently on super visa and their 2 year stay is getting expired in July. I have applied for parents PR and still awaiting ARO. I dnt want to travel back home as planned due COVID.

My honest opinion, I will say you should apply for a super visa extension. However, you might want to ask an IRCC staff via twitter

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
HI Friends,

I’m in a similar situation except my parents’ 2 years are up in May 2021. We just recently applied for their Visitor Visa extension. Their Super Visa is valid for another 8 years but what we need is a new Visitor Record document. Current Visitor Record is the stamp on their passport with the 2 year date.

Their Super Visa is essentially a “visitor” status so I don’t think Implied Status comes into picture when Visitors apply for PR as ideally and conventionally most parents and/or visitors apply for a PR from their home country. More on this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

If you apply for an extension at least 30 days before the day they’re supposed to leave Canada and because the processing time for this extension is 200+ days, your parents will probably take on an implied status. Now this implied status is for their current visitor status, meaning they can maintain their visitor status and the same visitor rules and restrictions apply until a decision is made on their extension. I’m not sure if this makes sense, I hope I’m not confusing you.

Long story short, if you’re thinking they can stay past their 2 year date without doing anything then you’re wrong. You have two options:

1. Travel. Parents exit and re-enter Canada. But where will they go? Do they have a US Visa? Home Country? And if they do go and come back chances are they would only be given a 6-month stay which may or may not work for you. But honestly, any travel is best avoided if possible.

2. Apply for a visitor extension. I did it through my Dad’s GCKey account with Mom as his accompanying spouse. Do this a month and half before the expiry date in July.

Bonus option: If you’re lucky and there’s an absolute miracle that their PR gets approved before July then no tension, no extension. Unlikely event but you never know, we live in strange times.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help!

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I’m in a similar situation except my parents’ 2 years are up in May 2021. We just recently applied for their Visitor Visa extension. Their Super Visa is valid for another 8 years but what we need is a new Visitor Record document. Current Visitor Record is the stamp on their passport with the 2 year date.

Their Super Visa is essentially a “visitor” status so I don’t think Implied Status comes into picture when Visitors apply for PR as ideally and conventionally most parents and/or visitors apply for a PR from their home country. More on this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

If you apply for an extension at least 30 days before the day they’re supposed to leave Canada and because the processing time for this extension is 200+ days, your parents will probably take on an implied status. Now this implied status is for their current visitor status, meaning they can maintain their visitor status and the same visitor rules and restrictions apply until a decision is made on their extension. I’m not sure if this makes sense, I hope I’m not confusing you.

Long story short, if you’re thinking they can stay past their 2 year date without doing anything then you’re wrong. You have two options:

1. Travel. Parents exit and re-enter Canada. But where will they go? Do they have a US Visa? Home Country? And if they do go and come back chances are they would only be given a 6-month stay which may or may not work for you. But honestly, any travel is best avoided if possible.

2. Apply for a visitor extension. I did it through my Dad’s GCKey account with Mom as his accompanying spouse. Do this a month and half before the expiry date in July.

Bonus option: If you’re lucky and there’s an absolute miracle that their PR gets approved before July then no tension, no extension. Unlikely event but you never know, we live in strange times.

To further simplify, a visitor just CANNOT stay in Canada past the expiry date, in this case the 2-year stamp on their passport.

Unless they apply for an extension or have a change in status.

Last edited:

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Also it may seem weird, a scanned handwritten signature can be approved whereas an electronic signature won't. They may however ask for the original signature later in the process so keep those handy.
...this is actually stated at top of document checklist that they will accept scanned signatures but if required case officer can request for originals later on.....

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
Correct. I modified the form, printed, signed, scanned and emailed to CIC. They provided an email address in the request.
Make sure to type their name in the box and sign beside that in the same box.

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July

Hi,

Thanks, really appreciate your detailed reply. I am surprised, my parents passport didn't got any stamp while they entered Canada two years ago as you mentioned your parent's passport got stamped for 2 years stay. Fingers crossed, i believe they are good to stay up to 2 yrs as their visa category is PG1.

Presently, they are not planning to go back to home country due to COVID and US border is also closed. SO, I need to apply for extension.

I like your advise to wait until 1.5 month before the expiry of stay , in case luck shines and they got approval of PR.

Can you advise if you got medicals done for your parents for extension ?

thnx

Reactions: hotsalsa