+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

PKS_SKS

Dec 13, 2013
Hello, I got invite on Jan 8th for my Mom-Dad and the application received by CIC on 25th Jan.

Any idea on the AOR date... Does somebody in the forum get application number?

Thanks
PKS_SKS

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I got invite on Jan 8th for my Mom-Dad and the application received by CIC on 25th Jan.

Thanks
PKS_SKS
It will likely be months. To sponsor your spouse AOR is around 5-6 months and spouse sponsorship is a higher priority.

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
Imagine you go on a Holiday to Italy for a month. Your residential address will be still in Canada. Folks on supervisa are visitors, just an extended visit. Hence in my opinion the residential address will still be from India. Though honestly I don't think it will be a big deal to mention either.
You are correct, but here the visit is going to be for 2 years. I have another question about IMM5562 supplementary travel form, they ask

"List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since
your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)."

Now do I have to provide the information about the travels to Canada if I choose there residential address as Indian address?

Last edited:

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
You are correct, but here the visit is going to be for 2 years. I have another question about IMM5562 supplementary travel form, they ask

"List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since
your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)."

Now do I have to provide the information about the travels to Canada if I choose there residential address as Indian address?
Irrespective of the residential address, travel to any other country outside native country should be listed - including Canada.

Last edited:

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
How would I know if cic has received my application and can i start checking my application?
There is no harm in trying the online case status.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Unfortunately no courier company gets you the signature as a proof of delivery of application package. The CIC website states that:

You should contact your courier service to confirm that they delivered the package to the right address.

If your courier service confirms they made a mistake and, because of this, you could not submit your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents on time, you can:

• get a letter from the courier service acknowledging their mistake
  • include that letter with your application and submit it again.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Got this information from 2019 PGP forum. It could have changed because of COVID-19 and 2021 could be different in terms of timelines.

1. CIC Receives the Application.
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory"by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:
  • If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC.

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021

Thanks
PKS_SKS
you get a confirmation # with the invitation letter

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But confirmation # is not the application #
You will get application number once your application has been verified that it's complete and accepted into the system.
You will get an email/letter as most regard as AOR. That communication will contain your application number.
Back in the normal days, most get AOR in around 2 - 3 months. Not sure if COVID will add any delay to PGP 2020.

Reactions: teaquad

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Hi Everyone
you know how some forms cannot be validated with a missing field (eg given name left blank as shown in passport) does anyone have a format for the letter to be attached to these un-validated forms?

captlevi

Jul 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

I need help with 5406E. So, I(sponsor) am applying for my mother(spouse), father(principal applicant) and my sister(dependent 18+). So, all of my family members have to fill 5406E form, their own copy???

And if it is yes, then how would it work for each family member?

Thank you,

runningrace

May 10, 2014
Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --> 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed -->> 27/Apr/2015 -->TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
My parents address on passport is different.
My dad's address is same as my mom's address but with additional information.

My mom's address is 123 ABC Nagar
My dad's address is like 123 ABC Nagar, 2nd floor.

They are joint owner of both the addresses.

Should I give any explanation for this?

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi

I submitted the interest to sponsor form for my mother but I haven't received an invitation yet. Is that likely I won't receive an invitation from CIC this year?

Also, what is the income level should we have to sponsor single parent?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I submitted the interest to sponsor form for my mother but I haven't received an invitation yet. Is that likely I won't receive an invitation from CIC this year?

Also, what is the income level should we have to sponsor single parent?
You weren't selected as part of the 2020 draw. There will be another draw later in 2021 and you'll need to re-enter that.

Do you have a spouse or children? Is your parent single or divorced? What province do you live in?