Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Hi Team,

I am applying to sponsor my parents for PR status.
I know that my father has to fill out the IMM 5406 ("Additional Family Information") form. However - my mother is also required to fill out this form as the spouse of my father. I'm confused about how to fill it out. On the version of my father, under "Applicant," I obviously put the name of my father as the principal applicant. However, on my mother version of the form, under "Applicant" whose name must be written? Is it my mother's name ? If it is the same - how will CIC make out which form belongs to my father and which one belongs to my mother.

Thank you in advance.
If it’s for your father, him as the applicant, fi for your mother, her as the applicant.

Reactions: Kuldeep_Singh

heyyy

May 1, 2017
Hey guys, as per the immigration visa, my parents are due to land in Canada at the end of May. But it is hard to tell if the pandemic would get better by that time, I am wondering if the expiry date of the immigration visa could be extended in case the trip can't be made? Thanks!

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello everyone, I am sharing my personal checklist for PGP 2020 below. PLEASE NOTE that this is a personal checklist, specific only to my case. I have included a bit of a background to help you understand my scenario. It may or may not be applicable to someone else so please treat it only as a reference and not as a detailed instructions guide. If you have been invited to apply, the image below is basically just an alternate way of looking at the Document Checklist (IMM 5771) with a customized breakdown of what I will be submitting in my application.

I invite and encourage experts and other PGP 2020 invitees to please go through the list and kindly advise if anything is missing and/or incorrect. Kindly also suggest, if applicable, which specific photocopies will need to be made certified true copies (and where can I get them certified). I have them all in English, so I understand I do not need to translate/notarize them but what about certifying? Thank you for your time.

hotsalsa_PGP2020_checklist

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone, I am sharing my personal checklist for PGP 2020 below. PLEASE NOTE that this is a personal checklist, specific only to my case. I have included a bit of a background to help you understand my scenario. It may or may not be applicable to someone else so please treat it only as a reference and not as a detailed instructions guide. If you have been invited to apply, the image below is basically just an alternate way of looking at the Document Checklist (IMM 5771) with a customized breakdown of what I will be submitting in my application.

I invite and encourage experts and other PGP 2020 invitees to please go through the list and kindly advise if anything is missing and/or incorrect. Kindly also suggest, if applicable, which specific photocopies will need to be made certified true copies (and where can I get them certified). I have them all in English, so I understand I do not need to translate/notarize them but what about certifying? Thank you for your time.

hotsalsa_PGP2020_checklist
depending on how good are your parents with emails and their application communication, some sponsor would choose to be their representative.
It's up to you to fill that in or not.

Reactions: hotsalsa

dixit003

Sep 29, 2016
HI,

This could be stupid question to count the family size. Please chec the question and answer if you know about it.

Q. What will be my family size for the parents application if I, my wife and my younger brother are in Canada?

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
HI,

This could be stupid question to count the family size. Please chec the question and answer if you know about it.

Q. What will be my family size for the parents application if I, my wife and my younger brother are in Canada?
I think it's you, your wife and whoever you are sponsoring. If mom and dad, then 4 people in total. Unless your younger brother is younger than 22 and financially dependent on your parents (they are paying his university tuition, for example). Then it's 5 people.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014

archus4u

Apr 15, 2019
Guys.. Can I use my Passport to show my relationship to my parents. My passport does have their names on it. Asking because my birth certificate is in my native language and I believe I would have to translate and get it notarized for the submission. IRCC is asking Birth certificate though in the checklist so I'm not sure. Can someone please guide.

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Guys.. Can I use my Passport to show my relationship to my parents. My passport does have their names on it. Asking because my birth certificate is in my native language and I believe I would have to translate and get it notarized for the submission. IRCC is asking Birth certificate though in the checklist so I'm not sure. Can someone please guide.
I used passport to show relationship during Supervisa application. I plan to use same for PGP application. I will also refer my PR application where I have not submitted birth certificate and have submitted an affidavit for the same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, as per the immigration visa, my parents are due to land in Canada at the end of May. But it is hard to tell if the pandemic would get better by that time, I am wondering if the expiry date of the immigration visa could be extended in case the trip can't be made? Thanks!
It is impossible that They have their PGP2020. What kind of visa do they have? A COPR?

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Team,

I am applying to sponsor my parents for PR status.
I know that my father has to fill out the IMM 5406 ("Additional Family Information") form. However - my mother is also required to fill out this form as the spouse of my father. I'm confused about how to fill it out. On the version of my father, under "Applicant," I obviously put the name of my father as the principal applicant. However, on my mother version of the form, under "Applicant" whose name must be written? Is it my mother's name ? If it is the same - how will CIC make out which form belongs to my father and which one belongs to my mother.

Thank you in advance.
If the form is for you mother then your mother is applicant for that form.
It has nothing to do with who is primary applicant for the application to sponsor

Reactions: Kuldeep_Singh

RecentPR

Apr 26, 2019
hey everyone...just to understand more clearly, the 2021 30K quota is for new applicants right ?
I immigrated to Canada in 2019 and I have sufficient income for 2019, 2020 and 2021 ( projected ). Should I be able to apply for this 30K quota later this year ? or is this quota for people who applied in 2020 ?
Also , does anyone have an estimated probability of getting selected ?