+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGDM from Goa Institute of Management(GIM)

sanha#1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a PGDM degree from Goa Institute of Management.It's equivalent to MBA but the WES tool didnt even recognise the institute,leave alone the PGDM degree.what should i select as an option to put in the application?

Also,for getting the educational documents verfied from WES,should all the doucments and marksheets needed to be sent from the college address?eg: should GIM be sending the docs to WES on my behalf?or I can send them?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your PG is from a non-recognized school, you won't get points under Express Entry. What education do you have apart from the PGDM?

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
Try IQAS. You will get your results in 10 calendar days. IQAS has a lot more recognized institutions on its list than WES. Personal experience.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can still go ahead and apply. I had a similar problem. This might help get some clarification.

http://help.wes.org/Credential-Evaluation/Applying-to-WES/52346070/My-university-is-not-on-the-list-of-institutions.htm

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sanha#1 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a PGDM degree from Goa Institute of Management.It's equivalent to MBA but the WES tool didnt even recognise the institute,leave alone the PGDM degree.what should i select as an option to put in the application?

Also,for getting the educational documents verfied from WES,should all the doucments and marksheets needed to be sent from the college address?eg: should GIM be sending the docs to WES on my behalf?or I can send them?

Thanks.
goain che re tu?

sanha#1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
@Mr. Optimist and jim.avi :Thank you.Will check out.

@scylla: GIM has been recognised in WES database for previous applicants.My query is if PGDM will still hold good as equivalent to Masters?

@mead: Na, I studied there for two years.Close to my native language though.:)

karan1985

Aug 1, 2016
Hi,

Sanha,

I have the same issue. Not sure if we can claim points under post graduation with GIM MBA.

Let me know if you have found anything.

Djikstra

Feb 25, 2016
sanha#1 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Get your PGDM evaluated from WES(or any other service). It does not matter whether your college is not in the list of institutions listed on WES website. Once you send the transcripts, it will be evaluated hopefully positively.

To answer your second question, preferably ask your college to send the transcripts directly to WES for evaluation.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

GIM PGDM is recognized as Master's Degree by WES. This was as per an alumni who got his evaluation in December 2015.

Hence don't worry and apply.

By the way who all from GIM here? I mean your name and batch?

karan1985

Aug 1, 2016
kashjuni said:
Hi All,

GIM PGDM is recognized as Master's Degree by WES. This was as per an alumni who got his evaluation in December 2015.

Hence don't worry and apply.

By the way who all from GIM here? I mean your name and batch?
Hi Kashjuni,

I am also from GIM, Karan Chauhan, 2007-09 batch - what about you?

I was wondering if you could help me - can you let me know the name of the Alumni - I want to explore getting an equivalence and wanted to confirm how s/he did it. Thanks.

My email address is karanchauhansince1985@gmail.com

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karan1985 said:
Hi Kashjuni,

I am also from GIM, Karan Chauhan, 2007-09 batch - what about you?

I was wondering if you could help me - can you let me know the name of the Alumni - I want to explore getting an equivalence and wanted to confirm how s/he did it. Thanks.

My email address is karanchauhansince1985@gmail.com
Hi Karan,

Have dropped you a message on FB. It was very easy to find you through our alumni group :D

Let's connect there.

ashetga

May 26, 2016
Hi ,

Can anybody tell me how to get transcripts from GIM? Whom to contact and procedure to get it.

Thanks in advance

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashetga said:
Hi ,

Can anybody tell me how to get transcripts from GIM? Whom to contact and procedure to get it.

Thanks in advance
Hello,

No need to get transcripts. Just do the following.

> Send an email to pgp office with MBA degree and your marksheets attached
> Simultaneously call Farha (PGP Office) and speak with her regarding the WES thing that you need
> Make a payment of 500 INR (300 for overall attestation and 200 for domestic courier to your address)
> Request PGP Office to also include AICTE Approval Certificate, AIU Aproval Certificate, and a letter from college to "Whoever it may cocern" stating recognition and equivalence to MBA in the sealed envelop

Once you receive the sealed envelop, send it to WES (with reference number clearly mentioned on the envelop)

All the best.

Reactions: Mohtarma

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Hi, I am from batch 2011 and just had my evaluation done. Unfortunately, I forgot to include the AIU and AICTE certificates and was awarded only bachelor's credentials. can someone please confirm whether they were able to get the results changed once WES had completed evaluation?

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Alums,
I am from 2015-17 batch, I am applying for Canada PR and would like to connect with people who have completed the process to understand finer nuisances....Kindly Whats app me on 9993212989.