+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGD After Masters

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have done MBA from Pakistan with total of 16 years of education. Generally it is considered as bachelors worldwide.

Now i am planning to go for 2 years PGD diploma. The reason i am doing it is because i can't afford Uni fees and also my cgpa is low for universities.

A lot of people are saying that my visa will most likely be rejected for choosing diploma over masters.

Is it just a myth? Or does it really happen? Despite making a strong portfolio

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It can happen; you need to establish why a Canadian diploma will improve your job prospects in Pakistan. It should also be relevant to your previous education. If they think the diploma is just a ruse to get into the country and later apply for PR, they could refuse your application.

Reactions: Sohaibkq

Nicole_Pinto

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
I'm in a similar situation. I completed my masters in 2017 and have two years experience in admin. Planning to apply for PGD Business Analytics, Jan intake.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm a mechatronic engineer. I completed a master degree in project management in my country back in 2012. My career has taken a path very oriented to the mechanical and maintenance stream. I applied for a graduate diploma on a mechanical engineer course, but in my SOP I didn't mentioned I had a masters as I didn't considered it important in my career path. I already got my SP approved.

Now that I've been in this forum, it has come to my mind that this may be considered misrepresentation. I have the intentions of applying to express entry just after I finish my graduate diploma, but I'm not sure if I should apply with my master degree or with my engineering degree.

Any advice?

Last edited:

OPS

Mar 26, 2021
I'm a mechatronic engineer. I completed a master degree in project management in my country back in 2012. My career has taken a path very oriented to the mechanical and maintenance stream. I applied for a graduate diploma on a mechanical engineer course, but in my SOP I didn't mentioned I had a masters as I didn't considered it important in my career path. I already got my SP approved.

Now that I've been in this forum, it has come to my mind that this may be considered misrepresentation. I have the intentions of applied to express entry just after I finish my graduate diploma, but I'm not sure if I should apply with my master degree or with my engineering degree.

Any advice?
Hi you maybe have misrepresented because in your study permit application you’re asked about your highest degree attained which is obviously your masters degree.

What you can do is to never mention about your masters degree in your pr application. This might affect your pr chances because there are more points assigned to a masters degree than a diploma. This, however, could be offset with a work experience and possibly Canadian experience. Good luck and sin no more lol.

Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi you maybe have misrepresented because in your study permit application you’re asked about your highest degree attained which is obviously your masters degree.

What you can do is to never mention about your masters degree in your pr application. This might affect your pr chances because there are more points assigned to a masters degree than a diploma. This, however, could be offset with a work experience and possibly Canadian experience. Good luck and sin no more lol.
Yeah, I thought so. I really didn't have the intention to "lie", just thought it wasn't relevant for my career path and didn't mentioned it. But then I've read similar cases here and assumed it could be considered misrepresentation. That's a shame. I do have 9+ years of work experience as an engineer in my home country and after finishing my graduate diploma I should get some extra points, so I guess applying with my engineering diploma should be enough.

Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: baome

OPS

Mar 26, 2021
Yeah, I thought so. I really didn't have the intention to "lie", just thought it wasn't relevant for my career path and didn't mentioned it. But then I've read similar cases here and assumed it could be considered misrepresentation. That's a shame. I do have 9+ years of work experience as an engineer in my home country and after finishing my graduate diploma I should get some extra points, so I guess applying with my engineering diploma should be enough.

Thanks for the advice.
No problem Bro. Just don’t bring up in any of your applications to CIC else an inquisitive visa agent can mess you up. With your extensive work experience and Canadian diploma you’ll definitely make the points to get an ITA. Good luck.

Reactions: baome and andrews17