+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGD after 37 years and 15 years of work experience

bdeepak

Dec 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
Since I lose points on my age, after considering all possible options, doing 1 year PGD and get PGWP and then applying PR seems to be a better option. But the concern is have is about the student visa approval after 15 yrs of gap. Will Visa officers applicants above 35 on student visa from India? Should we have to convince visa officer that I will be going back to India on completion of the studies?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They will look at your application. It can be difficult because officers will know you don‘t have enough EE points so are trying to boost your score. You need to show strong ties to your country & career progression by taking the course.

bdeepak

Dec 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
They will look at your application. It can be difficult because officers will know you don‘t have enough EE points so are trying to boost your score. You need to show strong ties to your country & career progression by taking the course.
Right. What are the reasons that can we provide to prove that we have strong connection to the country and convince that I will come back. Do you know anyone above 35 who recently got approved ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Right. What are the reasons that can we provide to prove that we have strong connection to the country and convince that I will come back. Do you know anyone above 35 who recently got approved ?
You say “we.” Do you have a spouse & kids? What are your reasons? Do you have a job to go back too. What are your career prospects and how is it improved with the program? You need to show why spending $20-30k for a one year program is worth it? People do get it but few. Will you even have enough points after the program?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am 40 years old with my last education a Masters degree from UK in 2005. 15 years of experience and i got approved for a PGD course along with SOWP and kids study permit in less than 9 days!
Extremely unusual approval times. Your application go through much less scrutiny as UK citizens.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I am 40 years old with my last education a Masters degree from UK in 2005. 15 years of experience and i got approved for a PGD course along with SOWP and kids study permit in less than 9 days!
Wow, that's a great timeline. Don't get me wrong but I feel you applying from UK must have favored it. Applying from 3rd world countries always goes through lot more scrutiny as they are well aware they don't enjoy the social security like they do in developed countries so consider it risky.

bdeepak

Dec 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
You say “we.” Do you have a spouse & kids? What are your reasons? Do you have a job to go back too. What are your career prospects and how is it improved with the program? You need to show why spending $20-30k for a one year program is worth it? People do get it but few. Will you even have enough points after the program?
If I am doing PG in Canada then the chances to get WP/job offer could be more and therefore should have enough points eligible for PR. Currently without Masters 397. With Masters next year, points will become 425 which is still not in safe zone. But WP, job offer shoot give enough point.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Was this path to Permanent Residency suggested to you by a lawyer or immigration consultant?