+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG-Diploma From Virtual University/AlOU (Pakistan) Equivalency from WES for Canadian Immigration

talha23

Feb 8, 2019
Hello people.

I plan on doing a 1 year Post graduate diploma either from Virtual University or AIOU (Pakistan). I know its recognized by HEC (Higher Education Council - Pakistan) and WES also states on their website they evaluate VU/AIOU Pakistan degrees.

My question is if it is actually equivalent to a 1 year PGD by Canadian standards.

Has anyone had their diploma evaluated?

Highly appreciate if someone has any experience or feedback on this.

Thanks.

farzanahmad

Aug 3, 2017
Hello people.

I plan on doing a 1 year Post graduate diploma either from Virtual University or AIOU (Pakistan). I know its recognized by HEC (Higher Education Council - Pakistan) and WES also states on their website they evaluate VU/AIOU Pakistan degrees.

My question is if it is actually equivalent to a 1 year PGD by Canadian standards.

Has anyone had their diploma evaluated?

Highly appreciate if someone has any experience or feedback on this.

Thanks.
Did you get feedback from anyone? I am also planning to take admission in this semester for PGD

talha23

Feb 8, 2019
From different sources i came to know that PGD from VU is recognized by WES because VU is in the list of WES approved universities. But i am looking for a person who has evaluated his PGD from WES ad get the status of two or more degrees in CRS calculator.

Sources:
  • VU administration
  • Few people from this forum

Dimensha

Mar 5, 2018
UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-01-19
AOR Received.
20-02-2019
IELTS Request
10-02-2018
I saw one post on fb where a girl got double degree award as she had bachelors and she did pgd from vu, she did it for boosting her score.
And she got through ee.

Hope it helps

Aneelchaudry

Feb 10, 2019
From different sources i came to know that PGD from VU is recognized by WES because VU is in the list of WES approved universities. But i am looking for a person who has evaluated his PGD from WES ad get the status of two or more degrees in CRS calculator.

Sources:
  • VU administration
  • Few people from this forum
Does VU distance learning count as the same?

Oct 21, 2020
VU and AIOU lets you study for a full year and you have to appear for exams. Whereas, you can easily apply for a fast track PGD on work experience basis and without studying you can get it in a weeks time. We are in the process of getting an evaluation already on this PGD from WES accredited.

mosif

Jan 18, 2021
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
VU and AIOU lets you study for a full year and you have to appear for exams. Whereas, you can easily apply for a fast track PGD on work experience basis and without studying you can get it in a weeks time. We are in the process of getting an evaluation already on this PGD from WES accredited.
I am interested in getting a similar fast track PGD, how and where can I apply for it, could you please guide? There is not a lot of helpful info on VU portal about work experience fast tracks. TIA!