+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG Diploma Clarification - For Two or More certificates, diplomas, or degrees Option

kannaa

May 15, 2018
Hello all,

I've an overall 3.7 years of marketing & management skill work experience. Prior that I've done by Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering (4 years). My age at the moment is 25 years. With the IELTS score of 8 Listening & rest all bands 7, I'm getting a max CRS score of 429 points which is less than the cut off requirment.

So, now I'm planning to do a Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations (PGDIBO) course through distance learning from IGNOU university, India which is recognized by WES.

Before taking this step, I want to clarify whether i will be benefited by this to consider the option "TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF THREE OR MORE YEARS" ?

I know that lot of you might suggest me to have a look at the details mentioned here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html
But I'm too confused / don't want to waste my time by picking the wrong course.

It'll be a great help if anyone can let me know the needy.

Thank you,
Kannaa

Samridhi@1

Jun 13, 2018
Hello all,

I've an overall 3.7 years of marketing & management skill work experience. Prior that I've done by Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering (4 years). My age at the moment is 25 years. With the IELTS score of 8 Listening & rest all bands 7, I'm getting a max CRS score of 429 points which is less than the cut off requirment.

So, now I'm planning to do a Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations (PGDIBO) course through distance learning from IGNOU university, India which is recognized by WES.

Before taking this step, I want to clarify whether i will be benefited by this to consider the option "TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF THREE OR MORE YEARS" ?

I know that lot of you might suggest me to have a look at the details mentioned here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Thank you,
Kannaa
Were you able to decide about the course?

thejukebox

Jul 15, 2018
Will a Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (distance learning) give me extra points? I have a B.Com degree (full-time) and I want to get this PG diploma too.

Faheiem

Sep 7, 2018
Hi man,

Do have any latest updates on PGDIBO distance learning? How about Annamalai University?

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hello all,

Thank you,
Kannaa

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Last I checked and this was a long time ago. WES does not agree with online or distance education programs. Have you checked this factor out ?

SuryaJayaraj

Nov 21, 2018
Hello all,

Thank you,
Kannaa
Hi Kanna,

I have completed my BE in Computer Science and Engineering and I am planning to pursue PGDIBO from IGNOU through Open Distance Learning. Are you also pursuing PGDIBO or some other course? Please let me know.

Also, let me know if we will be able to claim additional points for the diploma course.

Thanks and Regards,
Surya Jayaraj

reddy6677

Jun 21, 2019
Hello all,

Thank you,
Kannaa

Hello Kannaa , I am in the same boat planning to do (PGDIBO), did you ever get any answer to this - please share

Surej

Feb 4, 2020
Hello Kannaa , I am in the same boat planning to do (PGDIBO), did you ever get any answer to this - please share
Hi..... I am also planning to take up pgdibo for extra points...have u got anny clarification regarding the same. Does Wes evaluates pgdibo positively ...if there is any info please drop me a mail at surejs999@gmail.com ..that would be great help .

karanu93

Sep 28, 2020
Hi, is PGDIBO from IGNOU considered as 1 year PG Diploma by WES? Should I go for it? Please confirm. It will be greatly appreciated!