PG Diploma aspirants for Sep 2014 join here

shaikhashher

Aug 15, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
This is Ashher Shaikh from Mumbai, India. Im planning to join some good college in Canada this fall for a PG Certificate (Most probably Project Management at Fanshawe or Centennial)
My profile is:
10th: 80.46%
12th: 79.67%
BE Mechanical Engineering (Mumbai Univ): 59.00% upto 6th semester (2 backlogs)
1 Internship
IELTS : 7.5 Overall (R:8,L:8,W:7,S:7)

I have created this thread for all of us who wish to go to Canada for a PG certificate this September. Just connect here and share your knowledge, Post your doubts and stay connected. :D

Also Im planning to create a facebook group. Search fb with my name and add me if u wish.

Harman Dhamija

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
28/5/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
12/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
How have prepared fr the ielts .. i mean from which coaching centre??

shaikhashher

Aug 15, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
How does your work history support (for CIC) your intention?
Lol good question..... the answer is...in no way....Im an engineering student from Univ of Mumbai. I have seen lot of other seniors from this forum getting into PG cert for Project Management. Also I took pains to search and contact a few of them on FB who are currently in Canada either still studying or graduated. So overall I got to know that a lot of engineering graduate students opt for PG Cert in Proj Mangmnt.

journeyca

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your Ielts score is good.

please share your study material.

m applying for PGD in financial Planning.

shaikhashher

Aug 15, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
journeyca said:
Your Ielts score is good.

please share your study material.

m applying for PGD in financial Planning.
I did not actually prepare for the IELTS. its quite a simple test. just go ahead and appear for it. but if u want there may be a lot of material available on the internet. try googling it. All the best by the way

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Im an engineering student from Univ of Mumbai. I have seen lot of other seniors from this forum getting into PG cert for Project Management.
Usually PM is for engineers with working EXPERIENCE. Of course, you can take such a program in India right after getting your BSc but for Canada there should be something in you biography that could convince VO you need it for your work, career and that is not only an excuse to get into Canada.

Those "seniors" could have those details in their biography that you do not have yet. The devil is in the details.

nightfury

Feb 16, 2014
hello
i am vishal from gujarat, I am pursuing last sem. of BE(computer science) and also want to study pgdm from canadian college.
sept-14 intake is what i am looking for, and field of interest is BM(Business Management) or PM(Project Management).

what my doubt/question is, even though i got an offer letter from renowned college, could canadian immigration reject my visa application, just because i changed my field from BE to Business and no other reason???

i would be glad to hear an answer for the same...

nightfury

Feb 16, 2014
Regina said:
for Canada there should be something in you biography that could convince VO you need it for your work, career and that is not only an excuse to get into Canada.

well, u mean i should submit a SOP with my visa file?? actually with my BE going on, i did internships, organized an event at my college, also has been a volunteer for a NGO n did related works. but i din knew that SOP was required for canada, i mean my friends who already are there never submitted their SOP..
Also, cant be sure about canada but in other countries like USA, Australia, Germany, India, a BE graduate can anyhow go for MBA program.. n that actually is what most of the people do... we can have knowledge of BE as well as Management.. isnt that great??

about my biography, what u suggest, apart from what i mentioned, is required?? because for canada we aint get no interview call from VO, so u know..

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your friends situations were different. The devil is in the details.
For ex. did they apply for masters right after getting BSc? Without a day of work after graduation?

like USA, Australia, Germany, India, a BE graduate can anyhow go for MBA program
Domestic students. International students have to have a serious backup for intentions to get masters in Canada right after getting bachelor at home country.

Have you read here on the forum refusals that sounds like that: " Your intended program of study is not in line of your previous course of education and work history."
What do you think it is about?

nightfury

Feb 16, 2014
Regina said:
For ex. did they apply for masters right after getting BSc? Without a day of work after graduation?

Have you read here on the forum refusals that sounds like that: " Your intended program of study is not in line of your previous course of education and work history."
What do you think it is about?
my friends did BE at home country, and now studying/studied pgdm in project management, global business management, international business management...
they never gave SOP for visa, neither they face any problem for the same...

I am totally confused by listening to mix reviews... what do you suggest, that i can do??

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
I am totally ignoring management related courses because my career counselor said that my PG Diploma or Certificate has to be somewhere relevant to the course I select. I did Bsc. Multimedia and Animation where there was a module for internet marketing. I got really interested in Internet Marketing and I want to pursue a course related to Marketing. But I am stuck with either IT or something related to Animation. What is the story here? Can someone please clarify.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
shaikhashher said:
Hi guys,
This is Ashher Shaikh from Mumbai, India. Im planning to join some good college in Canada this fall for a PG Certificate (Most probably Project Management at Fanshawe or Centennial)
My profile is:
10th: 80.46%
12th: 79.67%
BE Mechanical Engineering (Mumbai Univ): 59.00% upto 6th semester (2 backlogs)
1 Internship
IELTS : 7.5 Overall (R:8,L:8,W:7,S:7)

I have created this thread for all of us who wish to go to Canada for a PG certificate this September. Just connect here and share your knowledge, Post your doubts and stay connected. :D

Also Im planning to create a facebook group. Search fb with my name and add me if u wish.
you have btech degree,ielts,gre also..go for masters man!