+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PFL/Interview Before Refusal?

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
Hi, I am just genuinely curious.. Is it possible that IRCC refuse an application without raising a PFL or doing an Interview before changing ecas into "decision made"?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I am just genuinely curious.. Is it possible that IRCC refuse an application without raising a PFL or doing an Interview before changing ecas into "decision made"?
I don't have a definitive answer. My understanding is that they should do PFL before refusing but there definitely have been cases (seen here, not frequent) where it has gone directly to refusal. (That may be grounds for appeal on procedural basis - I don't know - but since appeal is very long and time consuming, it may not be much comfort )

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
I don't have a definitive answer. My understanding is that they should do PFL before refusing but there definitely have been cases (seen here, not frequent) where it has gone directly to refusal. (That may be grounds for appeal on procedural basis - I don't know - but since appeal is very long and time consuming, it may not be much comfort )
Thank you for the response. I have read many times that if on Ecas its show 'decision made' and we have Pre Arrival Letter and we never receive any PFL/Interview/Additional Document it's safe to assume that the decision will be positive.. But I guess that's not really true?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the response. I have read many times that if on Ecas its show 'decision made' and we have Pre Arrival Letter and we never receive any PFL/Interview/Additional Document it's safe to assume that the decision will be positive.. But I guess that's not really true?
The situation you're describing now is different, ie pre arrival first, compared to your first post. I can't say it never happens but I don't recall personally seeing any where pre arrival was followed directly by a refusal. But I make no claim to having seen all cases.

(Before anyone asks, this does not mean that no pre arrival means a refusal. Practice with sending pre arrival seems to vary quite a bit)

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
The situation you're describing now is different, ie pre arrival first, compared to your first post. I can't say it never happens but I don't recall personally seeing any where pre arrival was followed directly by a refusal. But I make no claim to having seen all cases.

(Before anyone asks, this does not mean that no pre arrival means a refusal. Practice with sending pre arrival seems to vary quite a bit)
Oh okay, I understand. I'm just curious about all of this. Personally, my application has reached 'Decision Made' for both Sponsor and PA. We also received Pre Arrival Letter. We never received any PFL/Interview or any Additional Document Request. People in some group told me that it is safe to assume that the decision will be positive.. However I have not received Passport Request so hopefully it will come soon

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh okay, I understand. I'm just curious about all of this. Personally, my application has reached 'Decision Made' for both Sponsor and PA. We also received Pre Arrival Letter. We never received any PFL/Interview or any Additional Document Request. People in some group told me that it is safe to assume that the decision will be positive.. However I have not received Passport Request so hopefully it will come soon
I don't disagree that it's probably safe to assume that the decision is positive. Probably. Right now it doesn't seem safe to assume how quickly the ppr will come.

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
I don't disagree that it's probably safe to assume that the decision is positive. Probably. Right now it doesn't seem safe to assume how quickly the ppr will come.
I have received Passport Request today. I want to celebrate but still feel a little insecure.. Do you think the chance of getting refused after ppr is low?

RamandeepS

Mar 17, 2021
I have received Passport Request today. I want to celebrate but still feel a little insecure.. Do you think the chance of getting refused after ppr is low?
Congratulations mate..
Can you please share when did you received decision made under ecas?

As mine was dm on 20 March ,vo is Ottawa but no ppr as of now

Reactions: salvien6719

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
Very low. Extremely low. Basically only if they discover you committed a crime or something.
Hello again, I'd like to ask after my passport back in my hand with counterfoil immigrant visa and COPR can I travel to Canada? I've read from other group that I have to apply for TRV first to be able to travel to Canada regardless if I have the immigrant visa and COPR.. Is it true? Because I thought the immigrant visa is enough to be able to travel to Canada. Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello again, I'd like to ask after my passport back in my hand with counterfoil immigrant visa and COPR can I travel to Canada? I've read from other group that I have to apply for TRV first to be able to travel to Canada regardless if I have the immigrant visa and COPR.. Is it true? Because I thought the immigrant visa is enough to be able to travel to Canada. Thank you in advance.
You do not need a TRV.

salvien6719

Nov 4, 2019
You do not need a TRV.
Thank you for the answer! So as soon as I have my passport back with the immigrant visa and the COPR it's okay for me to fly to Canada? It's pretty confusing how this info got mixed up pretty badly in other group.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the answer! So as soon as I have my passport back with the immigrant visa and the COPR it's okay for me to fly to Canada? It's pretty confusing how this info got mixed up pretty badly in other group.
You can travel since you have a COPR under spousal sponsorship and have a spouse who is Canadian. What you may have read in other groups is around economic immigration streams where even those with approved COPRs cannot travel to Canada right now due to COVID.