+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

personal history

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
My personal history list is already pre-filled with information about my education and employment. These are however not in chronological order and whatever I add goes to the bottom of the list even if it happened before the pre-filled activities. The instructions say:

"Provide the details of xxx's personal history in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago).
Start with the most recent information."

Should I delete the pre-filled activities and insert my activities from the most recent in chronological order or should I just go ahead by adding the other activities to the list even though the list will not be in chronological order?

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
I am having the same issue. Was thinking to just put all the info don't wanna re-arrange anything. But will wait if anyone have any suggestion about it.

AndreaC

Feb 8, 2016
I have the same concern...but I have already re-arranged my orders. Hopefully, it will be fine. I have one more question, please help me...I took a vacation for two months during my employment. That's, I came back for the same job. So when I tired to enter the vacation in personal history, do I have to cut off my employment? I meant I will do :
aug 2015-aug 2016. Employed Company. X
Sep 2016-oct 2016. Unemployed. Traveling
Nov 2016- today. Employed Company x. ?????
Am I correct? I am so confused. I don't know how to include the vacation during same employment

Please advise!

AndreaC

Feb 8, 2016
Also...I had vacation during my study:( I cannot cut off the study period because it asks for achievement when I choose educational...so I will not enter the vacation in personal history?

Please help! Thanks soooo much.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
AndreaC said:
Also...I had vacation during my study:( I cannot cut off the study period because it asks for achievement when I choose educational...so I will not enter the vacation in personal history?

Please help! Thanks soooo much.
I would say you include the vacation (if outside your country) in travel history not in personal history.

AndreaC

Feb 8, 2016
Alii2017 said:
I would say you include the vacation (if outside your country) in travel history not in personal history.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am really stressed:p all my vacations are back to my home country so they cannot be put into travel history...what do you think?

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
AndreaC said:
Thank you so much for your reply. I am really stressed:p all my vacations are back to my home country so they cannot be put into travel history...what do you think?
If you're saying that you traveled from Canada to your home country, then I would say include all your travels to Canada in your travel history. For example in my case I am doing something like this in my travel history:

Sep 2010 - Jan 2012 traveled to Canada, reason: study (then I took a vacation back to my home country for a month before coming back to continue my studies)
Mar 2012 - Aug 2012 traveled to Canada, reason: study

I think you still do not need to include vacations in your personal history though.

AndreaC

Feb 8, 2016
Alii2017 said:
If you're saying that you traveled from Canada to your home country, then I would say include all your travels to Canada in your travel history. For example in my case I am doing something like this in my travel history:

Sep 2010 - Jan 2012 traveled to Canada, reason: study (then I took a vacation back to my home country for a month before coming back to continue my studies)
Mar 2012 - Aug 2012 traveled to Canada, reason: study

I think you still do not need to include vacations in your personal history though.
I am not 100%sure but I think you don't need to put Canada in your travel history if you are in Canada. Because you are residence of Canada. From what I remember(I closed my account ), it only asks the countries you travelled other than your nationality country and residence of. Please double check, I don't want to mislead you. That's just my understanding.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
AndreaC said:
I am not 100%sure but I think you don't need to put Canada in your travel history if you are in Canada. Because you are residence of Canada. From what I remember(I closed my account ), it only asks the countries you travelled other than your nationality country and residence of. Please double check, I don't want to mislead you. That's just my understanding.
I do not reside in Canada now.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It is pre filled. I just felt that deleting the pre filled bits and adding them again will show up in the GCMS notes. I continued filling the missing bits and they are not in order. Mentioned it in the LoE

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
xpressentry said:
It is pre filled. I just felt that deleting the pre filled bits and adding them again will show up in the GCMS notes. I continued filling the missing bits and they are not in order. Mentioned it in the LoE
Where will be loe placeholder for each section?

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
xpressentry said:
I'm not sure if deleting pre-filled parts would be a big deal since for education history I mistakenly changed the answer to the question whether I have completed secondary or higher education to no and everything was gone after I changed it to yes again. So I had to insert my education info all over again.

Jul 1, 2017
I'm not sure if deleting pre-filled parts would be a big deal since for education history I mistakenly changed the answer to the question whether I have completed secondary or higher education to no and everything was gone after I changed it to yes again. So I had to insert my education info all over again.
Was that an issue in ur case, we're there any enquiries at their end. I too had erroneously deleted the education entries, but it back the same as it is