+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal history - would this be misrepresentation?!?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi, would really appreciate some expert opinions on this. We are in the express entry pool under the FSW stream hoping to receive an ITA soon.

My husband is the primary applicant. After graduation he took up a call centre job which he left without notice after the first month. He does not have any paper work to prove that he held this job for a month. But he did receive the first months pay. He never declared this job on his resume for any future jobs. We heard that in very rare cases IRCC does ask for job proof even for jobs declared under personal history, but we don't have any proof...so if we do get unlucky and fall under the small percentage of people who're asked to produce proof and we fail will this become a cause for rejection?

Would it make sense to not declare the job at all and say he was unemployed during that time? Will IRCC be able to track this and reject for misrepresentat? What's the best thing to do?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best approach is to add it only in the personal history section. You should not be hiding information from IRCC.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
The best approach is to add it only in the personal history section. You should not be hiding information from IRCC.
Thank you, yes that's exactly what I believe too. Although my husband is worried about adding something to personal history that he has no proof for.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi, would really appreciate some expert opinions on this. We are in the express entry pool under the FSW stream hoping to receive an ITA soon.

My husband is the primary applicant. After graduation he took up a call centre job which he left without notice after the first month. He does not have any paper work to prove that he held this job for a month. But he did receive the first months pay. He never declared this job on his resume for any future jobs. We heard that in very rare cases IRCC does ask for job proof even for jobs declared under personal history, but we don't have any proof...so if we do get unlucky and fall under the small percentage of people who're asked to produce proof and we fail will this become a cause for rejection?

Would it make sense to not declare the job at all and say he was unemployed during that time? Will IRCC be able to track this and reject for misrepresentat? What's the best thing to do?
IRCC would normally not check a job in your personal history for which you are not claiming points, unless it is related to security like government, military jobs or something that can affect your admissibility. The rule is not to lie in your application. It's always easier to prove the truth. Well, this is just my opinion.

Reactions: prince.ali1

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
IRCC would normally not check a job in your personal history for which you are not claiming points, unless it is related to security like government, military jobs or something that can affect your admissibility. The rule is not to lie in your application. It's always easier to prove the truth. Well, this is just my opinion.

Absolutely! Thank you

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
It's not misrepresentation if you can't prove it, it is when you say something and IRCC can prove otherwise like working for a different job or living somewhere else entirely.

Reactions: prpurohit