+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History vs Work History

RoshanMasood

May 24, 2018
Hi,

I have been pondering on this point a lot. Wondering if any one could answer this.

I've held two positions I'm the same company, one for 2years and the other for 3years. I've mention both of them separately in my work history section. In the personal activities section I've just listed the experience as one, I.e. 5years in the same company.

I'm a dependant spouse and have claimed no ppints for this.

Is that correct or not ?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

I have been pondering on this point a lot. Wondering if any one could answer this.

I've held two positions I'm the same company, one for 2years and the other for 3years. I've mention both of them separately in my work history section. In the personal activities section I've just listed the experience as one, I.e. 5years in the same company.

I'm a dependant spouse and have claimed no ppints for this.

Is that correct or not ?
if you are a dependant and claimng no points dont put anything in work history. move it to personal history or you have to provide all kinds of reference letters unnecessarily.

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Ok .... and what if im claiming points ? What then ?
You can't make any points for your work experience as a dependant if you didn't work in Canada. If you did then go on and take a reference from your canadian employer. If not, just use "personal activities" for your last 10 years accomplishments.

ianduff

Nov 30, 2017
I got 10 years work experience for the same NOC but I had 4 different employers during that time.

Company A: 2.5 years
Company B: 1.5 years
Company C: 5 years
Company D: 1 year

During my EE creation, I placed all 4 employers in the work history. However now I'm having trouble getting letter of employment from company A and B. Would it be okay if I just placed Company C and D in my work history since those are the years I'm claiming points for (3+years)and put all 4 companies in my personal history?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I got 10 years work experience for the same NOC but I had 4 different employers during that time.

Company A: 2.5 years
Company B: 1.5 years
Company C: 5 years
Company D: 1 year

During my EE creation, I placed all 4 employers in the work history. However now I'm having trouble getting letter of employment from company A and B. Would it be okay if I just placed Company C and D in my work history since those are the years I'm claiming points for (3+years)and put all 4 companies in my personal history?
Yes you can.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. Do I need to include this in a letter of explanation that I did not place the 2 companies from my personal history to the work history?
It wont hurt. however since they don't affect your score and you didn't hide anything, it's probably unnecessary.

RoshanMasood

May 24, 2018
Yes you can.
My question is kinda the opposite scenario

I've held two positions in the same company, one for 2years and the other for 3years.

I've mention both of them separately in my work history section.

Company X Positon A = 2years
Company X Position B = 3years

In the personal activities section I've just listed the experience as one, I.e. 5years in the same company.

Company X Position B = 5years

Is this okay ?

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
i have 3years work experience from three different employers but same NOV. however, I want to claim point for just one year. hope moving the other the other 2years to personal history won't cause any issue.

I'm the principal applicant and still expecting ITA.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
My question is kinda the opposite scenario

I've held two positions in the same company, one for 2years and the other for 3years.

I've mention both of them separately in my work history section.

Company X Positon A = 2years
Company X Position B = 3years

In the personal activities section I've just listed the experience as one, I.e. 5years in the same company.

Company X Position B = 5years

Is this okay ?
Hey did you get an answer for this ? Plz let me know

akhilpsg

Aug 25, 2019
I have 3+ experience with my current employer. Prior to this I did my MBA and prior to that I had my own startup for 3 years. I believe my current 3+ experience should be sufficient for considering points in EE pool. Can you please confirm if I can provide only my current experience's NOC for work experience and other as personal history? Will it create a discrepancy in the mind of the VO that I have not submitted reference letters for the my self employment?

akhilpsg

Aug 25, 2019
Yes

No. Anything in personal history doesn't need reference letters.
Thank you. Much Appreciated.

Could you also confirm if spouse's work experience is considered for points in EE? If No, Is it ok I just add her experience details in personal history?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you. Much Appreciated.

Could you also confirm if spouse's work experience is considered for points in EE? If No, Is it ok I just add her experience details in personal history?
Only Canadian experience of spouse is considered for points. If not Canadian experience just move it to personal history.

Reactions: akhilpsg