Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - BUT FSW INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 FEB 2016
Hello everyone,

While I came to Canada as a student, I showed all the work experience in the forms and with supporting documents.
But, while filling the form for applying after ITA via Express Entry for PR, since I did not have NOC from all employers, I only showed the previous employment of 3 years and more to claim points in the work history. But, in the personal history, I mentioned Unemployed for other employment period as I only had relieving letter and not the NOC letter and also I did not want to claim any points.

1. Is it correct way of putting it? Does it look like mis-representation?
2. If required, can I change the personal history form via Case Specific Enquiry (CSE)? What is the procedure for changing / updating information via CSE?

Please guide me in this regards, as I want to do the needful at the earliest.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRUN said:
Hello everyone,

While I came to Canada as a student, I showed all the work experience in the forms and with supporting documents.
But, while filling the form for applying after ITA via Express Entry for PR, since I did not have NOC from all employers, I only showed the previous employment of 3 years and more to claim points in the work history. But, in the personal history, I mentioned Unemployed for other employment period as I only had relieving letter and not the NOC letter and also I did not want to claim any points.

2. If required, can I change the personal history form via Case Specific Enquiry (CSE)? What is the procedure for changing / updating information via CSE?

1.Top tip: Just say what you did. Dont hide any facts. You can chose to claim points for the experience you wish to and leave out the rest in personal history section.
2. Dont do anything for now, and wait for cic to respond. They might ask you to fill sch. A in case they need more details.

shaown20

Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRUN said:
Hello everyone,

Just to clarify your question. Did you claim any points from your 3+ years of experience and did not mention that into your personal history?

KRUN

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - BUT FSW INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 FEB 2016
Thank you both very much for your replies.

I have claimed 3 years plus experience an shown the same in work history along with documents. Only additional work ex. With no claim is mentioned as unemployed in the personal history.

Would it be good if I fill the Schedule A and send it via CSE as a proactive measure?

I am worried it as I know I made a silly mistake to keep the application simple and do not want to get a rejection for the same.

Please advise..

Thanks again..

shaown20

Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRUN said:
Thank you both very much for your replies.

I have claimed 3 years plus experience an shown the same in work history along with documents. Only additional work ex. With no claim is mentioned as unemployed in the personal history.

Would it be good if I fill the Schedule A and send it via CSE as a proactive measure?

I am worried it as I know I made a silly mistake to keep the application simple and do not want to get a rejection for the same.

Please advise..

Thanks again..
I am yet not sure about your ques. You have 3+ years of experience before you came to canada and you claimed point for them. so where is additional work experiences coming from? I apologies for asking it again as i am not clear what im interpreting.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
KRUN said:
But, in the personal history, I mentioned Unemployed for other employment period as I only had relieving letter and not the NOC letter and also I did not want to claim any points.

1. Is it correct way of putting it? No. Does it look like mis-representation? Yes.

2. If required, can I change the personal history form via Case Specific Enquiry (CSE)?

You can (and should) try.

What is the procedure for changing / updating information via CSE?

Complete a new corrected form, scan and attach it to the CSE. Also prepare a brief Letter of Explanation about the error in the original submission and which item has been corrected. Doesn't have to be in great detail, just that you realized there was an error on the form. Then hope for the best -

BTW - if you need help identifying an NOC, you can ask the members of this forum ...

KRUN

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - BUT FSW INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 FEB 2016
Thank you guys.

Actually I have 5 years of experience, which I had presented while coming as a student for student visa.
For Express entry I only claimed 3 years work exp. with NOC and shown other 2 as unemployment in personal history.

That's where I feel i am stuck.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Fix the personal history ASAP and submit it as suggested by jes_ON

Replace unemployed by real work, don't worry about Work history as far you documented all of them.

You should be always trougfull with CIC, misrepresentation is a big issue.

jaby135

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you guys.

Actually I have 5 years of experience, which I had presented while coming as a student for student visa.
For Express entry I only claimed 3 years work exp. with NOC and shown other 2 as unemployment in personal history.

That's where I feel i am stuck.
Hello!

I know it's pretty late but just wanted to know your status of application and how it ended. I'm in a similar situation where I made the same mistake as you, now when I read all this I understand that this is misrepresentation. Your reply would help me decide on what would be my next action. Thanks!