+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History - Statutory Questions - Refusal History

lhworld

Sep 20, 2012
Has my James Bond you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Okay, I posted a question about this before but there wasn't really a response to this question so I'm reposting it.

This question above is the one I'm having a heated debate on with my immigration consultant right now. She keeps telling me I need to say YES to the question although I personally, directly never refused the PR application or any other visa before. However, my parents - both my mom and dad were refused with the PR application about three times in the past - Two PR applications back in 1990s (my dad hardly remembers the exact year and I was only 5) then the third one about 3-4 years ago.

My agency insisted that I need to say "YES" to that question as my name was also part of my parents' application, which means I am also considered to be part of refusal history. Of course, the agency said they will provide an explanation letter that I wasn't the main applicant...

But.. I'm so concerned. I'm reading this question over and over again, and I don't know what the right answer is. ALSO, the WORDING of the question seems very ODD to me. Why did the question say "my name, James bond (as an example, my name is not James bond :p), yet, right after the name - there's this "YOU"? ???

Does anyone face similar experience like me or is there anyone who can guide me?

Nov 10, 2015
Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

I have applied in SINP Express entry and got monination.While filling the PR application I came to know that My father-in-law has applied for Canada PR in 2002
when my spouse age was 14 year and that file was refused in 2007 when my spouse age was 19 year.My father-in-law has included my spouse as a dependent child.

Now the questions are
1)While submiting the SINP Application in Schedule A Background_Declaration from in point 6(d).

"Has <xyz> been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa
(including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program)
or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

I have selected NO.
Do I need to select yes and sent to SINP before submitting the PR file?

2)In the Express entry Profile,there is one question in spouse section.

"Do you ever applied for permanent resident?"

I have select No.

What to do in this while submitting the PR file?