+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History (Statutory declaration and Personal History)

Tridentus

Dec 23, 2016
Hi all,
I'm reapplying for my PR application (post ITA) after receiving a PR refusal earlier this year. I was refused PR due to my job letter having insufficient details (missing job description). That has been corrected and now I'm reapplying for PR.

Some questions:
1. Statutory Declaration:

For the section reading:
1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Would like to confirm if both are YES for my circumstances

2. Personal History Section:

After reviewing my personal history, I realized I had a couple of months of foreign experience work (given an honorarium for volunteer work) between my 18th birthday and when I started my diploma on my first application.

Questions:
1. I'm categorized as a volunteer so is this considered employment if im paid an honorarium?
2. If so, would I need to add proof of this work experience?
3. I believe I might have missed this in my 1st application, would it be an issue for me to add this in on my 2nd application (perhaps include a letter of explanation?). I'm worried this might be misrepresentation and I don't want to be banned

Thanks

GottaGo

Jun 7, 2017
Hi all,
I'm reapplying for my PR application (post ITA) after receiving a PR refusal earlier this year. I was refused PR due to my job letter having insufficient details (missing job description). That has been corrected and now I'm reapplying for PR.

Some questions:
1. Statutory Declaration:

For the section reading:
1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Would like to confirm if both are YES for my circumstances

2. Personal History Section:

After reviewing my personal history, I realized I had a couple of months of foreign experience work (given an honorarium for volunteer work) between my 18th birthday and when I started my diploma on my first application.

Questions:
1. I'm categorized as a volunteer so is this considered employment if im paid an honorarium?
2. If so, would I need to add proof of this work experience?
3. I believe I might have missed this in my 1st application, would it be an issue for me to add this in on my 2nd application (perhaps include a letter of explanation?). I'm worried this might be misrepresentation and I don't want to be banned

Thanks
Hi did you find an answer to the Volunteer work related query????

I need answer to my similar situation. I’ve worked unpaid with a charity org, how to categorise it??? Organisation or employment?? Bcz the time duration mentioned in organisation doesn’t cover 10 year period