25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hello,

I am confused about filling the "Background/Declaration" form.

I have completed my master studies in Italy, but I haven't spent the whole period of master in italy. I have done an internship in Germany, then have done some shoirt courses in other countries as well and the last months of my studies I have been working on my thesis in my home country.

I am of course going to state my master studies and its lenghth (as stated on the papers), but how do I state this in the "Personal History" section of the "Background/Declaration" form?
Do I have to mention all the periods and places I have been to, or I just mention the whole period as studying for the master in Italy (although I didn't spent the whole time in Italy?)

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
albabeu said:
Hello,

I have completed my master studies in Italy, but I haven't spent the whole period of master in italy. I have done an internship in Germany, then have done some shoirt courses in other countries as well and the last months of my studies I have been working on my thesis in my home country.

I am of course going to state my master studies and its lenghth (as stated on the papers), but how do I state this in the "Personal History" section of the "Background/Declaration" form?
Do I have to mention all the periods and places I have been to, or I just mention the whole period as studying for the master in Italy (although I didn't spent the whole time in Italy?)
Hi
Education just Study period..Like Masters from so and so.

Personal History, Backgrounds ... every detail ..... include / attach cover letter for explanation.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albabeu said:
Hello,

The Personal History under the Background/Declaration is a way to inform CIC on the places and exclusive date of your whereabouts (you are physically present) from the age you were 18 years old. For example, if you have studied Masteral in Italy from November 2002 to December 2003, just state the exclusive date, Activity, and name of the school/company/facility/etc. It doesn't matter if you haven't spent the whole period in Italy.

Here is a more detailed example.

Date From Date To Activity City/Town or Country Name of School/Company/Facility
08-26-2005 Present Manager New York, USA Citibank International
06-26-2003 08-02-2005 Studying Manila, Philippines University of the Philippines
12-02-2002 06-25-2003 Unemployed Germany N/A
11-25-2001 12-01-2002 Studying/Internship East Berlin, Germany University of Germany
11-23-2000 11-24-2001 Studying Masteral Milan, Italy University of Italy
[tr][td]

and so on......

Do not leave any gap of date. :)

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
giogenre said:
The Personal History under the Background/Declaration is a way to inform CIC on the places and exclusive date of your whereabouts (you are physically present) from the age you were 18 years old. For example, if you have studied Masteral in Italy from November 2002 to December 2003, just state the exclusive date, Activity, and name of the school/company/facility/etc. It doesn't matter if you haven't spent the whole period in Italy.

Here is a more detailed example.

Date From Date To Activity City/Town or Country Name of School/Company/Facility
08-26-2005 Present Manager New York, USA Citibank International
06-26-2003 08-02-2005 Studying Manila, Philippines University of the Philippines
12-02-2002 06-25-2003 Unemployed Germany N/A
11-25-2001 12-01-2002 Studying/Internship East Berlin, Germany University of Germany
11-23-2000 11-24-2001 Studying Masteral Milan, Italy University of Italy
[tr][td]

and so on......

Do not leave any gap of date. :)
Thank you for the reply,

what concerns me the most is the fact that, since I haven't spent the 2 years of Master in Italy (beeing phisycally there) I don't need a PCC from Italy, BUT if I state that I have been studying in Italy, the CIO may reject my application because they will normally expect me to provide the PCC from Italy.

My case is as such:

I have done a master that lasted from 10-10-2008 to 10-05-2010. But, during the duration of the master I have been doing other things like, for 3 months being in Germany for Internship, for another 4 months in my home country working on my master thesis and so on.

Now, should I mention all these, or just state that from 10-10-2008 to 10-05-2010 I have been studying in Italy?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Thesis etc is a part of your Masters.... Get a PCC from Italy.

Not to sound alarm...but is it normally the pattern of Master's Study ?
Better also take a Letter from your College explaining all this as well...if you are banking on Master's Points.

Regards

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albabeu said:
Thank you for the reply,

what concerns me the most is the fact that, since I haven't spent the 2 years of Master in Italy (beeing phisycally there) I don't need a PCC from Italy, BUT if I state that I have been studying in Italy, the CIO may reject my application because they will normally expect me to provide the PCC from Italy.

My case is as such:

I have done a master that lasted from 10-10-2008 to 10-05-2010. But, during the duration of the master I have been doing other things like, for 3 months being in Germany for Internship, for another 4 months in my home country working on my master thesis and so on.

Now, should I mention all these, or just state that from 10-10-2008 to 10-05-2010 I have been studying in Italy?
My personal suggestion is just tell your true whereabouts (being physically there). It is easier to tell the truth to avoid unforseen problems later on. With regards to your Masteral education, I believe that you have the certificate or diploma to prove it. Just take devilhimself' advise of getting a letter from your University or make your own letter explaining the details how you acquired your Masteral degree even in a remote place like an online study or something like that. IMHO :D

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
devilhimselff said:
Thesis etc is a part of your Masters.... Get a PCC from Italy.

Not to sound alarm...but is it normally the pattern of Master's Study ?
Better also take a Letter from your College explaining all this as well...if you are banking on Master's Points.

Regards
Dear devilhimselff,
thank you so much for your reply. I know it doesn't sound a normal pattern of master's study, but it was, it was a mobility master programme, a collaboration between universities. That's why I will provide (along with the copy of master degree) a notarized copy of the programme (10 pages), where it is explained all the details of the master's. Along with that, I'll send official letters from both universities I've studied during the master and the official letter of the internship.

I am not banking on Master's points at all, because I am not the principal applicant, I am the spouse of the principal applicant, but since the "Background" must be completed for both of us,I was wondering how to complete the details of the period I have been studying and working (internship) in different countries.

And I was thinking that I don't need a PCC from Italy since I have stayed there less than 6 months.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Great ... You will be glad that you included details ... Processing will be quicker.

Just apply for PCC , just in case. Best of Luck.

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
devilhimselff said:
Great ... You will be glad that you included details ... Processing will be quicker.

Just apply for PCC , just in case. Best of Luck.
Thank you devilhimselff :)

I am about to send the application one of these days, and will take weeks to get the PCC from Italy.

Is it possible that we send the application now, in the meantime I apply for PCC, and in case they ask me for it, I can send it in a later stage?
I mean, can I expect them to ask for the PCC of the accompanying spouse later on? Or I just get the PCC (whenever) and send it to CIO later on?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
albabeu said:
Thank you devilhimselff :)

I am about to send the application one of these days, and will take weeks to get the PCC from Italy.

Is it possible that we send the application now, in the meantime I apply for PCC, and in case they ask me for it, I can send it in a later stage?
I mean, can I expect them to ask for the PCC of the accompanying spouse later on? Or I just get the PCC (whenever) and send it to CIO later on?
Here is what you should do. SEND the application, dont delay it, as CAP can be full anytime (though dont know your NOC :) )....
THEN
Wait for PER (Positive Review), Then
Keep checking the eCAS for Status, as soon as it becomes RBVO (Received by Visa Office), IMMEDIATELY apply for PCC from Italy and anywhere else you are lacking. This way it will come back in 1 month or so, and when you are gonna be In-Process and if they ask for PCC you will be ready to send it to them..TIME will be saved.

Also write an explanation letter with the PCC package, better to make small document packages (like Education separate, Exp separate, Marriage docs separate). I attached these various packs by larger paper clips/binders, and the inside were attached with smaller one, the one's with Prongs :) So the Officer will have it easy to go through docs.

BEST OF LUCK mate.

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
devilhimselff said:
Here is what you should do. SEND the application, dont delay it, as CAP can be full anytime (though dont know your NOC :) )....
THEN
Wait for PER (Positive Review), Then
Keep checking the eCAS for Status, as soon as it becomes RBVO (Received by Visa Office), IMMEDIATELY apply for PCC from Italy and anywhere else you are lacking. This way it will come back in 1 month or so, and when you are gonna be In-Process and if they ask for PCC you will be ready to send it to them..TIME will be saved.

Also write an explanation letter with the PCC package, better to make small document packages (like Education separate, Exp separate, Marriage docs separate). I attached these various packs by larger paper clips/binders, and the inside were attached with smaller one, the one's with Prongs :) So the Officer will have it easy to go through docs.

BEST OF LUCK mate.

Thank you sooo much devilhimselff. Your advices are TRULY helpful. May God bless you.

Cheers :)

kas83

Nov 26, 2011
hi mate,
thanks for helping out your been so great for people like us. good bless you.

i hav a question abt my personal history,

i hav been to few country one of which i hav overstayed and would it be a problem? can the vo check with the other embassies?

your help is much appreciated. thanks in advance.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
kas83 said:
hi mate,
thanks for helping out your been so great for people like us. good bless you.

i hav a question abt my personal history,

i hav been to few country one of which i hav overstayed and would it be a problem? can the vo check with the other embassies?

your help is much appreciated. thanks in advance.
Hi
Just write Your history Honestly. Explain you were working or studying or whatever you were doing there Honestly. If you lie and they find out....And they will, as your Info would be on the Record for Overstaying etc...it will get you Banned...So No use.

If you are honest, at least you will have a chance, if you are qualifying. Also be ready to provide Police Certificates for every place you stayed for more than 6 Months,

I WILL Highly recommend you to discuss with a lawyer. The owner of this site are pretty well reputed, try consulting them.

Regards