+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History Post ITA - Small Gaps in Employment

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All,

I recently received my ITA and am in the process of providing additional details or e-Apr. I have a query regarding filling in personal history. I have switched jobs twice in the last 10 years with a gap of 10 days in each instance. For example, I left Job 1 on Feb 1, 2013 and joined Job 2 on Feb 11, 2013. Should I declare this 10 day gap as a period of unemployment?

I’m especially confused because, the system only accepts timelines in the form of Month and Year and has no option to enter days. Hence I’m not sure on how to declare a gap of 10 days.

Please advise on how to proceed with this.

Thanks in advance!

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
Hi,
Can you please advise how did your go with your personal history? Did your mention those few days as unemployed in personal history?

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
I had a similar problem. :/ My coworker who went through the PR process advised me I should declare the gap even though it's very short.. I am still wondering if there are people who did otherwise

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Based on my experience, it's not necessary. Just like you do not need to claim the several two-month summer/winter vacations that you took during your post-secondary studies, you do not have to specifically mention these very small gaps in between employments. Besides, when you input your personal history, I believe that they only require you to input the year and month, not the date, so how could a several-day-gap even be visible here anyways?

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
Based on my experience, it's not necessary. Just like you do not need to claim the several two-month summer/winter vacations that you took during your post-secondary studies, you do not have to specifically mention these very small gaps in between employments. Besides, when you input your personal history, I believe that they only require you to input the year and month, not the date, so how could a several-day-gap even be visible here anyways?
That seems logical explanation!