+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History Order

EdmundDantes

Jan 27, 2020
Hello, i've just received my ITA and i'm updating my personal history. The header of the Personal activities section says "...start with the most recent information",

however some details had already been pre filled in reverse order.

If i should add my other personal history(The organization highlighted in yellow), this would make the order scattered.

My Question:
Should i delete the pre filled information and fill the form for my personal history Chronologically?

Or Should i only add new information chronologically?

Anyone with information should kindly assist. Thanks

Last edited:

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Should i delete the pre filled information and fill the form for my personal history Chronologically?
yes. it is preferable to delete the pre-filled info.
Try to provide your personal history in chronological order.
so that the Visa Officer can understand easily. make sure there is no gap.
If he can read things easily, you will get PR fast.

Reactions: EdmundDantes

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"If he can read things easily, you will get PR fast."
Follow whatever advice appeals to your personality and way of organising things, but this statement about faster processing is just nonsense.

EdmundDantes

Jan 27, 2020
Okay thank you. Another point i'll like to draw attention to, My first post secondary certificate which im also claiming points for, has been prefilled in my history; however, this was before i clocked 18. There's a time gap between it, and when i became 18. Although i'm able to fill the form without any errors, should i live it like that since i wasn't 18 yet? or what do you suggest i do?

Last edited:

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Okay thank you. Another point i'll like to draw attention to, My first post secondary certificate which im also claiming points for, has been prefilled in my history; however, this was before i clocked 18. There's a time gap between it, and when i became 18. Although i'm able to fill the form without any errors, should i live it like that since i wasn't 18 yet? or what do you suggest i do?
(my experience)
I filled all my personal history starting from my last year school(in india) (not just last 10 years)
so i almost covered last 22 years. From my point of view and in my opinion, I wanted to give clear details for the Visa officer(VO) (or the case analyst).
I wanted to see things from eyes of VO. If he feels comfortable and satisfied, he would push our case to the next level.
I was transparent as much possible. I got my COPR in 5 months (4th Jan to 2 Jun)

Reactions: EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes

Jan 27, 2020
(my experience)
I filled all my personal history starting from my last year school(in india) (not just last 10 years)
so i almost covered last 22 years. From my point of view and in my opinion, I wanted to give clear details for the Visa officer(VO) (or the case analyst).
I wanted to see things from eyes of VO. If he feels comfortable and satisfied, he would push our case to the next level.
I was transparent as much possible. I got my COPR in 5 months (4th Jan to 2 Jun)
wow, i'm happy for you.

Permit me to ask you another question. How much do you really think is reasonable to show as POF? I am applying as a family of 2, and the minimum POF is $16,135.
Do you think it's okay to show bank statements and investments Totalling 18k?

EdmundDantes

Jan 27, 2020
I think the amount should be readily available in your account.
It is based on what type of investments. I think you can search about in cic website.
Dont take risks if you are serious about your pr.
Yes, I have a Total of about $18k+ in my personal account and investments, but do you think they would be expecting more- considering the fact that i would have to pay for processing also?
Although i already have that covered as i would be taking from my Family account, but i don't think i can include my family account as proof since i am not the only signatory (it is myself, and my siblings).
I have seen some posts of people providing funds with about 3k+ higher than the minimum amount so it is an expectation for proof of funds to exceed the expectation by a margin or what do you think? do you feel mine is okay?

Tinkerbell18

Star Member
Sep 15, 2023
Chronological means ascending (oldest first) or descending (newest first- 2023 n then older ones in subsequent rows? ) ?