+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal activities with ITA

harrygibson

Mar 9, 2015
So i have an ITA and trying to complete the forms.

under the "personal activities" section : "Provide the details of whoever's personal history in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)."

I am 25 and the form keeps declining because I'm not giving 10 years history. (which is obviously impossible for me to do)

Is anyone else having a similar problem? or anyone under 28 managed to get this section to go through. I'v tried going through the "technical problems" which is pretty hopeless seen as they want 10 business days to respond which is great when you have 60 days to get everything together or I talk to french person on the phone and can't understand my British - English. Nightmare.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Not an official answer, but tempting to fill in that body of time with a generic answer like "attending school" to see if that satisfies the EE gods?

harrygibson

Mar 9, 2015
thanks for response,

Although i just tried and no dice. No matter how I configure the dates. I do have overlaps but i have even tried removing them and even making up fake stuff just to see if the form would show as complete...

I can't be the only person under 28 filling this in

sahar_z

Feb 21, 2015
dear friends
does anybody have any idea about how to mention a period of unemployment (neither working nor studying) while filling history of personal activities? the options available are only "employment , educational , organization , military & government" and no "unemployment" sort of thing available!!!

sahar_z

Feb 21, 2015
dan_and said:
Select "Employment" and write "Unemployed" in the explanation field, ideally with some sort of explanation as to why.
thanks for your reply dear friend... but could you please confirm if you've got any sort of reference about this

sahar_z

Feb 21, 2015
dan_and said:
I don't. That's just what I did for a phase during which I was travelling (backpacking). It was also suggested by other forum members.

Besides, what else would you select? The other choices are all less appropriate (unless you actually volunteered at an organisation or studied during your phase of unemployment, in which case the selection would be obvious).

If you want an official confirmation, you will have to contact CIC.
yes you are right... no other option seems to be more appropriate... thanks and good luck...

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
CANCANADA said:
Guys i've created this whats app group for Express Entry Candidates who have received ITA's. This would facilitate immediate communication amongst us ITA holders to discuss and iron out any issue/doubts we face with procedures after receiving the ITA.
kindly leave your Mobile phone numbers here or as a PM to me or Lakshc so that we can add you to the group.

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
harrygibson said:
thanks for response,

Although i just tried and no dice. No matter how I configure the dates. I do have overlaps but i have even tried removing them and even making up fake stuff just to see if the form would show as complete...

I can't be the only person under 28 filling this in
I am under 28. I filled in just fine. I opted for reverse chronology, so my last entry was my 18th birthday. For example, if you were doing abc from 14-19 years, just fill in you were doing abc from 18-19 years. I had no problem in this section, not even once.

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
harrygibson said:
So i have an ITA and trying to complete the forms.

under the "personal activities" section : "Provide the details of whoever's personal history in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)."

I am 25 and the form keeps declining because I'm not giving 10 years history. (which is obviously impossible for me to do)

Is anyone else having a similar problem? or anyone under 28 managed to get this section to go through. I'v tried going through the "technical problems" which is pretty hopeless seen as they want 10 business days to respond which is great when you have 60 days to get everything together or I talk to french person on the phone and can't understand my British - English. Nightmare.
Make sure you left no gaps. I am under 28 and had no problems with the section.

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
Karolis said:
Make sure you left no gaps. I am under 28 and had no problems with the section.
Can I mention foreign employment activity in "Personal activities" which I had not mentioned under "Work History"?

Under work history, I have mentioned only my Canadian experience since I have the supporting docs.

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Hey everyone quick question im also filling this section and on my past activities i worked for two small companies (2009 -2010 and 2010-2012) both no longer exist and of which i dont intend to claim points how should i address this since i cant produce a reference letter for this and wouldn want this to hurt my app

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hey everyone quick question im also filling this section and on my past activities i worked for two small companies (2009 -2010 and 2010-2012) both no longer exist and of which i dont intend to claim points how should i address this since i cant produce a reference letter for this and wouldn want this to hurt my app
You don’t need any reference letter. You can put the company’s info. They won’t ask you to provide any additional info for things you put in personal history

Reactions: jjk505

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Hey guys i want to share good news with you thanks for the support along the way, i´ve answered many of my questions reading this thread

Quick update my AOR deadline was due on march 6th, checking my junk email by pure luck saw my ppr went on spam mail sent on feb 21st

I wrote directly to Canadian embassy in mexico (visa office assigned since I live in Nicaragua) and made a case specific inquiry but got no reply, in early April met with a Canadian immigration lawyer an she advised me to send my docs on the PPR directly to the embassy in mexico sin de VAC office in Nicaragua is not receiving any docs due to the COVID crisis

I wrote to embassy in Mexico and created a case specific inquiry with no response until may 14th, I sent directly the embassy my wife’s and my passport along with documents required on PPR and explanation letter about the dates situation on April 17th by attorney recommendations, and I would like to share with you guys that yesterday may 19th i received my passport with landing visa and COPR :)