+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal activities history - work in UAE under family visa

Kamelca

Jul 12, 2021
Hello,

Could anyone please help with my question.

I became a PR early 2017 and went back to the UAE and worked for about 4 months (I was under my wife's visa so technically not allowed to work there). The employer promised me to get a proper work permit but they didn't, so I stopped working and moved back to Canada end of 2017.

Do you think it will pose any problem for my citizenship application if I declare this work experience in my activities ? I don't want to lie and put unemployed as it's considered as misrepresentation.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

Could anyone please help with my question.

I became a PR early 2017 and went back to the UAE and worked for about 4 months (I was under my wife's visa so technically not allowed to work there). The employer promised me to get a proper work permit but they didn't, so I stopped working and moved back to Canada end of 2017.

Do you think it will pose any problem for my citizenship application if I declare this work experience in my activities ? I don't want to lie and put unemployed as it's considered as misrepresentation.

Thanks
This shouldn't affect your Canadian Citizenship application. I don't think IRCC is going to impose penalties for visa regulations in the UAE, it is not their business. Provide your answers truthfully in the application and you should be good.

Reactions: nicolass