+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal Activities - adding an organization

MK2050

Mar 16, 2020
Hi,

I'm applying under CEC and completed my studies in Canada. I'm filling out the personal activities section and have two questions:

1) I have added in my student organization from my university days, however, it was showing me a warning when I selected "Organization" from the drop down menu, as follows:

"Any period of time you indicate as being a member of an organization will not count as part of the 10-year personal/address history you are required to provide."

I'm confused why it won't count, because at the top it clearly mentions to "list any organizations that you have supported, been a member of or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions and professional associations."

2) "Have you listed all of your period of military service or govt. positions (if any), and all of the organizations that you belong to (if any)?" In my case would I believe I should be answering yes since I was part of a student organization at university. Please confirm.