00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Ponga said:
Yes, because the applicant was already `Removal Ready', he would not benefit from the Public Policy.
I am not sure if he has warrant out for his arrest but I am pretty sure that he has deportation order because he fail his refugee case years ago and did not leave country . He will go to police at next week and will see what happening.
He said to me just now :Lawyer said 'have you seen any warrant order for you arrest?' , 'You got AIP and deportation is stopped!'. Hmmm....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is from CIC document IP8:
(Section 5: Procedures)

F. ADMINISTRATIVE DEFERRAL OF REMOVAL
The Canada Border Services Agency has agreed to grant a temporary administrative deferral of removal to applicants who qualify under this public policy. The deferral will not be granted to applicants who:

• Are inadmissible for security (A34), human or international rights violations (A35), serious criminality and criminality (A36), or organized criminality (A37);
• Are excluded by the Refugee Protection Division under Article F of the Geneva Convention;
• Have charges pending or in those cases where charges have been laid but dropped by the Crown, if these charges were dropped to effect a removal order;
• Have already benefited from an administrative deferral of removal emanating from an H&C spousal application;
Have a warrant outstanding for removal;
• Have previously hindered or delayed removal; and
• Have been previously deported from Canada and have not obtained permission to return.

And, from Appendix A: Case Type List for Application of the Public Policy

[Pending HC2 application]-
If it initially appears that the applicant meets the requirements of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, but it is later determined that the applicant is ineligible for the class (e.g. invalid sponsorship), reassess the application under general IP5 provisions. This is because the applicant originally applied for H&C consideration. However, because these applicants do not meet the requirements of this public policy, they are required to demonstrate unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship to the H&C decision-maker. (HC1)

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Ponga said:
This is from CIC document IP8:
(Section 5: Procedures)

F. ADMINISTRATIVE DEFERRAL OF REMOVAL
The Canada Border Services Agency has agreed to grant a temporary administrative deferral of removal to applicants who qualify under this public policy. The deferral will not be granted to applicants who:

• Are inadmissible for security (A34), human or international rights violations (A35), serious criminality and criminality (A36), or organized criminality (A37);
• Are excluded by the Refugee Protection Division under Article F of the Geneva Convention;
• Have charges pending or in those cases where charges have been laid but dropped by the Crown, if these charges were dropped to effect a removal order;
• Have already benefited from an administrative deferral of removal emanating from an H&C spousal application;
Have a warrant outstanding for removal;
• Have previously hindered or delayed removal; and
• Have been previously deported from Canada and have not obtained permission to return.

And, from Appendix A: Case Type List for Application of the Public Policy

[Pending HC2 application]-
If it initially appears that the applicant meets the requirements of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, but it is later determined that the applicant is ineligible for the class (e.g. invalid sponsorship), reassess the application under general IP5 provisions. This is because the applicant originally applied for H&C consideration. However, because these applicants do not meet the requirements of this public policy, they are required to demonstrate unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship to the H&C decision-maker. (HC1)
Thank You Ponga!

Base on answers, for me his case looks like that (please correct me if I am wrong).

1. As soon he will do fingerprint or ask CBSA for passport - he will be arrested him.
2. After few days in jail should be hearing and judge can release him under bail to waiting for deportation.
3. He still have chance to get PR from CIC before deportation happens. But not if he will stay in jail?

Regards
DHudson

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhudson said:
Thank You Ponga!

Base on answers, for me his case looks like that (please correct me if I am wrong).

1. As soon he will do fingerprint or ask CBSA for passport - he will be arrested him.
2. After few days in jail should be hearing and judge can release him under bail to waiting for deportation.
3. He still have chance to get PR from CIC before deportation happens. But not if he will stay in jail?

Regards
DHudson
I don't think any of us here can say with absolute certainty if he will be arrested or not.

Since he has a lawyer, I would think that s/he would know better than a forum full of people guessing. :)

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Ponga said:
I don't think any of us here can say with absolute certainty if he will be arrested or not.

Since he has a lawyer, I would think that s/he would know better than a forum full of people guessing. :)
That right ;)
I will update this topic as soon I got back from him.

Thanks to everybody and have a good weekend!

Regards,
DHudson.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Here's an example of a Decision Made landing letter, it states not to ask CBSA for passport if they had seized it, that CIC will get it back from them. So if you can get to that point it may work out:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Passport / Travel Document
The passport / travel document that we have on record for you bears the number xxxxxxxx.
If you are in possession of this passport / travel document, you must bring it with you to your appointment at the Canada Immigration Centre.
If this passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Canada Immigration Centre directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Canada Immigration Centre.
If you are in possession of a new passport / travel document, you must contact this office immediately."

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Yes, I got the same letter when just before I got PR by my self , but he got another letter and CIC ask him for :

1. Valid passport/travel document - must be received at this office by Jule 23, 2016
2. Fingerprints (RCMP report) - must be received at this office by Jule 23, 2016

Thanks,
Regards
DHudson.

sawadee-eh said:
Here's an example of a Decision Made landing letter, it states not to ask CBSA for passport if they had seized it, that CIC will get it back from them. So if you can get to that point it may work out:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Passport / Travel Document
The passport / travel document that we have on record for you bears the number xxxxxxxx.
If you are in possession of this passport / travel document, you must bring it with you to your appointment at the Canada Immigration Centre.
If this passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Canada Immigration Centre directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Canada Immigration Centre.
If you are in possession of a new passport / travel document, you must contact this office immediately."

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Just short update:
He just went to RCMP in order start criminal check by fingerprints (requested by CIC before) - RCMP just check/looked his refugee claimant paper and took his fingerprints , after fee paid RCMP said that they will send criminal check report directly to CIC.

Is means his immigration warrant order for his arrest is clear now or RCMP didn't check his name through CPIC (database) yet?

Thanks
Regards,
DHudson.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
gabba50 said:
...You better hire a lawyer or a consultant and avoid messing up your chances.
what can a lawyer or consultant do that you can't do yourself? I thought the Canadian immigration laws were open and available to all, why pay a bunch of money to a middle man that has no more powers than you or I?

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Short update 2:
So far, no body arrest him and one day pass already since he went to RCMP for criminal record check.
That mean if person even have losses refugee claimant case , got deportation order and immigration warrant for your arrest after few years you still can get married then received AIP and stay in Canada while your PR application in process?

Thanks,
DHudson.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Not to diminish his hopes, but.........When we did our criminal record check in Canada for our application, it took a month to receive my spouse's and nearly 4 months to receive mine (Canadian Citizen). Don't assume because they didn't say anything yesterday and today, they won't find his deportation order prior to submitting it to CIC or that CIC isn't already aware of it. Ultimately, he will have to wait and see.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buletruck said:
Not to diminish his hopes, but.........When we did our criminal record check in Canada for our application, it took a month to receive my spouse's and nearly 4 months to receive mine (Canadian Citizen). Don't assume because they didn't say anything yesterday and today, they won't find his deportation order prior to submitting it to CIC or that CIC isn't already aware of it. Ultimately, he will have to wait and see.
Why did the sponsor need to submit a PCC?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Probably didn't need to, but the letter from CIC wasn't particularly clear about who should and shouldn't, so we applied for one anyway. Pr was complete before we got it back from the RCMP.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Buletruck said:
Ok, I'll keep updating this I think interesting case. For me very interesting that: if person received AIP from CIC what can happens with his deportation/warrant order?

Thanks,
Regards,
DHudson.